Android Q: Viper4android compatible?

Search This thread

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Glad that I could help guys:good: V4A has always been a must have for me so I definitely understood the urgency of you guys that couldn't get it going.

Oh crap my friend! I'm sorry for not recognizing you as well. Well done brother. Very grateful for your find :good::cool:

Reactions: 1dopewrx05

humdrum2009

Account currently disabled
Oct 3, 2010
Guys what do you like about viper?
I'm asking what are the main things it does?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, here's what you gotta do to get it to work, this is the ONLY method I've had consistently work for me from beta 3-public release(did it an hour ago and worked perfectly)

First, uninstall any viper you have also make sure you completely uninstall audio modification library if you have it installed, not disable, uninstall it and reboot after uninstalling what I've listed.

After you're all booted back up, install viper from labs (link in this thread)(Also, forget about compatibility mode, don't use it) now open viper but do NOT install the driver yet, just open the application then go to magisk and install audio modification library but dont let magisk reboot the phone after it installs. Once installation completed, go back to viper and install the driver and let it reboot. Once booted, go straight to magisk and DISABLE audio modification library (uncheck the box next to it if you dont get what I mean) don't uninstall it. After disabling AML head back to viper and install the driver again. Now once rebooted is the moment of truth, if you open viper and its installed you're obviously done but if it's not installed you have to take this next step: don't install the driver just yet, go to magisk and re-enable AML then back to viper and install the driver. I don't see why this would not work for you guys, I know this isn't the easiest tutorial to follow but make sure you follow it to a T, if you mess any step up you need to start from scratch and uninstall both AML and viper and start again.

Good luck guys and may the audiophile Gods be on your side through this process!:D
Any idea if this may help with installs on Pie when the driver randomly goes to Abnormal or Processing: No?

After following steps posted earlier involving the audio mods in Magisk, I was able to get V4A working, but it tended to require almost daily reboots once the driver went wonky. It then worked for awhile with a force quit and relaunch, but now that is hit or miss also. When it does act up, the biggest trigger seems to be using Android Auto.

-Edit-

I realize this is a Q thread, but I gave it a shot and was able to get V4A working on P by following most of the steps above.

Uninstall V4A and modules
Reboot
Install V4A from Labs, open but do not install driver
Open Magisk, install AML module, do not reboot
Open V4A and install driver/reboot
Open Magisk, disable AML
Manually reboot (I opened V4A like above, but was not prompted to reinstall driver)
Open V4A, install driver and reboot
Open V4A again, no prompt to install driver this time

V4A is working, AML is installed but disabled

Last edited:
Reactions: ps000000

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
So I thought I would just put this out there. I can't remember what I did exactly but I managed to get Viper 2.7.1 (magisk module not the apk), Audio modification Library AND Ainur Sauron all enabled and working. Just putting this out there in case anyone wants to use this combo on android 10. I updated from android 9, I did not do a fresh install so I still had all 3 modules installed. So if I remember correctly, I removed all 3 modules and rebooted to start fresh. Then I installed ainur sauron and Viper 2.7.1 in magisk, then rebooted. Then I installed AML and rebooted. I opened up Viper and installed the driver when prompted, rebooted once again. At this point I can't remember if it worked immediately or if I rebooted one more time to get it working. So YMMV, but the point is I'm just letting you guys know it is possible to get all 3 modules working on android 10.

If I have the time I may try reinstalling it to see exactly what I did to get it working.

b4db0yz

Jan 9, 2014
Chandigarh
Ok, here's what you gotta do to get it to work, this is the ONLY method I've had consistently work for me from beta 3-public release(did it an hour ago and worked perfectly)

First, uninstall any viper you have also make sure you completely uninstall audio modification library if you have it installed, not disable, uninstall it and reboot after uninstalling what I've listed.

After you're all booted back up, install viper from labs (link in this thread)(Also, forget about compatibility mode, don't use it) now open viper but do NOT install the driver yet, just open the application then go to magisk and install audio modification library but dont let magisk reboot the phone after it installs. Once installation completed, go back to viper and install the driver and let it reboot. Once booted, go straight to magisk and DISABLE audio modification library (uncheck the box next to it if you dont get what I mean) don't uninstall it. After disabling AML head back to viper and install the driver again. Now once rebooted is the moment of truth, if you open viper and its installed you're obviously done but if it's not installed you have to take this next step: don't install the driver just yet, go to magisk and re-enable AML then back to viper and install the driver. I don't see why this would not work for you guys, I know this isn't the easiest tutorial to follow but make sure you follow it to a T, if you mess any step up you need to start from scratch and uninstall both AML and viper and start again.

Good luck guys and may the audiophile Gods be on your side through this process!:D

Tried this and confirmed , The Audiophile Gods are still with us. Devices used pixel 2xl clean flashed Q.
Thanks you very very much you are like a god to us .
as sidhaarthm mentioned below, Q rooted,ad-blocked, V4A working , life is gooooood.

MartinN6

Jul 6, 2015
Kassel

Thank you very much! Works at my device
But in the end I had to enable "compatibility mode"

1dopewrx05

Thank you very much! Works at my device
But in the end I had to enable "compatibility mode"
That's a new one, you are the first I've heard of this happening to using the method I outlined in this thread. If you are happy then don't sweat it but I would uninstall AML and V4A and reboot then try my method out again, make sure you are getting the right version of Viper (version 2.7.1.0)

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Tried this and confirmed , The Audiophile Gods are still with us. Devices used pixel 2xl clean flashed Q.
Thanks you very very much you are like a god to us .
as sidhaarthm mentioned below, Q rooted,ad-blocked, V4A working , life is gooooood.
I appreciate that man! But I'm just like you guys, just looking for the best experience from our Pixel 2 XL speakers!

failax

Oct 2, 2010
I don't manage to install Viper using the apk 2.7.1.0 from XDA.It says if i want to update my previously installed app, but there isn't in my app list, nor in magix modules.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I don't manage to install Viper using the apk 2.7.1.0 from XDA.It says if i want to update my previously installed app, but there isn't in my app list, nor in magix modules.

Just outa curiosity, using your file manager, look in your root folder for../data/adb/modules to see if you have any remnants of V4A.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-052234.png
    Screenshot_20190909-052234.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 337

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

After a few failed attempts with other methods, I tried the one posted by @1dopewrx05 here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80185220&postcount=13, and it worked perfect on my OP7T Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile, Android 10, March security patch).

To summarize:

1. Install V4A stable from Labs
    2. Open V4A - do not install the driver
    3. Install Audio Modification Library (AML) Magisk Module - do not reboot after
    4. Open V4A - install the driver (auto reboot)
    5. Open Magisk - disable (uncheck) AML, do not reboot after
    6. Open V4A
      • if you are prompted to install the driver, allow it to install and reboot after
      • if you are not prompted to install the driver, reboot manually, then open V4A again, you will be prompted

After the last install and reboot, V4A is working for me without needing to enable AML, or any compatibility settings in settings.
    Maybe anybody will work with my method.
    Android 10 xiaomi.eu mi max 3.

Install from magisk v4a reboot(don't install drivers)
    Install selinux permission and set on permissive reboot
    Install from magisk aml and reboot
    Go to app v4a install drivers and reboot
    When rebooting phone go to fastboot you must reboot it with recovery go to data/adb/modules/v4a
    Change name post-fs-data.sh to post-fs-data.bak and reboot to system.

Go to app and Enjoy v4a ?
    Glad that I could help guys:good: V4A has always been a must have for me so I definitely understood the urgency of you guys that couldn't get it going.

Take a bow good sir, it worked! Had to follow the steps to the end as first time around it didn't work. Now seems to be alright (see attached) :D

For anyone else wondering, I upgraded from Aug 9.0 build to Q (020) last night by flashing the factory ROM without wipe. Rooted, ads disabled and now ViperFX working. Life is goooood :angel: