Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

latiNoob

Oct 18, 2013
came back

Hello everyone,

I remembered this wonderful forum cause it helped me years ago to root and change OS to my son's tablet, so i thought it is the best place to look for an answer to my problem. I have two samsung phones (SM-A510F and SM-G930F) both were factory reset but they are asking for a previously registered google account (FRP i guess) the problem is that these are corporate phones that were used by ex-employees so we cannot longer reach them to ask for email and password, is there any chance to make the devices available again, like changing OS or something?

thanks in advance and congratulations to this community

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello everyone,

I remembered this wonderful forum cause it helped me years ago to root and change OS to my son's tablet, so i thought it is the best place to look for an answer to my problem. I have two samsung phones (SM-A510F and SM-G930F) both were factory reset but they are asking for a previously registered google account (FRP i guess) the problem is that these are corporate phones that were used by ex-employees so we cannot longer reach them to ask for email and password, is there any chance to make the devices available again, like changing OS or something?

First, methods to bypass FRP differ from one device to another and one android version to another so there isn't a specific answer for you.

Second, bypassing FRP is a grey area here, any help we specifically provide could be used by others for nefarious purposes.

The best I can say is do a Google search for:

"SM-A510F FRP bypass"

And

"SM-G930F FRP bypass"

If there are any known methods to bypass FRP on those devices, those searches should find them. Try as many methods as you can find.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

jstanoob

Dec 5, 2019
I can ask as many questions as I'd like? (I have tons) Within reason, of course. Android developers and GitHub are the only sites I've found that give the information I need but, I don't always understand and can't ask questions there. (Without sounding like a blabbering idiot to the developers). Or should I use a different forum?

I am jstanoob trying to learn Android. My abilities are null, lol.

Sincerely,

Jstanoob

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I can ask as many questions as I'd like? (I have tons) Within reason, of course. Android developers and GitHub are the only sites I've found that give the information I need but, I don't always understand and can't ask questions there. (Without sounding like a blabbering idiot to the developers). Or should I use a different forum?

I am jstanoob trying to learn Android. My abilities are null, lol.

Sincerely,

Jstanoob
Yes you can ask many questions,
As long as it's within the rules
[GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA by mikef

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs

Reactions: jstanoob

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Did you just ask a question on if you could ask a question...;)

Your countdown has commenced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3xwmXXDH8

:D

ludem93

Jan 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm EXTREMELY NEW to this forum and I would like to learn how to install a custom ROM in my phone

I thought I would find some easy answers but I'm a newbie and everything seems so complicated, so many new words for me

So, basically, how does it work? I know that if I fail at something, my warranty is dead right? But if I return to stock ROM do I get my warranty back?

And how do I do it? I know for some terms like flash, root etc but actually dont understand them fully [emoji28]

If I get any answer at all on this basic question I'll be really thankful.

Or you could just tell me where to find that information.. website, forum? [emoji4]

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm EXTREMELY NEW to this forum and I would like to learn how to install a custom ROM in my phone

I thought I would find some easy answers but I'm a newbie and everything seems so complicated, so many new words for me

So, basically, how does it work? I know that if I fail at something, my warranty is dead right? But if I return to stock ROM do I get my warranty back?

And how do I do it? I know for some terms like flash, root etc but actually dont understand them fully [emoji28]

Or you could just tell me where to find that information.. website, forum? [emoji4]
well hello and welcome [emoji4] dont worry , if you are ; we were all noobs at one time and some "us" still are. lol
might try to start reading here :
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2229792
and another thing is to search for your specific device thread , i.e. "samsung galaxy s4 sgh-i337M".
i'm sure one of the "regulars" in this thread will be able to point you in more directions for info.
good luck. happy flashing. & make a backup.make a backup.make a backup!!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi.
Should i unlock my rn7 bootloader and flash miui 10 or wait for Android 10 update coz battery drain is huge issue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Probably you don`t need to unlock bootloader to do that. Miui updates might come to your device. Android 10 was released some weeks ago on Chinese versions so is expected to arrive for the global version soon. I have a relative using RN7 with Miui 11 based on Pie and no battery drain at all, so in the meantime you could try to update it too.

atta079

Nov 3, 2016
Islamabad
Probably you don`t need to unlock bootloader to do that. Miui updates might come to your device. Android 10 was released some weeks ago on Chinese versions so is expected to arrive for the global version soon. I have a relative using RN7 with Miui 11 based on Pie and no battery drain at all, so in the meantime you could try to update it too.
I've updated it. That's when issue started. On MiUi my screen on time was 6 hours at least now it is 3 hours... That's why i asked to switch back to miui10 or wait for Android 10 update...

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I've updated it. That's when issue started. On MiUi my screen on time was 6 hours at least now it is 3 hours... That's why i asked to switch back to miui10 or wait for Android 10 update...

Well, I guess that when you say "On MiUi my screen on time......." you mean Miui 10 and then you updated to Miui 11 and things were worst, just filling what is missed, and now you want to come back to Miui 10.

Devices may have slightlly differences after of updates, in the case that I know with this person the battery was not bad with Miui 10 but although that it was improved with Miui 11.
If you can wait a little more time; personally Android 10 on all devices that I used with, ever they had a better performance when updated.

atta079

Nov 3, 2016
Islamabad
Well, I guess that when you say "On MiUi my screen on time......." you mean Miui 10 and then you updated to Miui 11 and things were worst, just filling what is missed, and now you want to come back to Miui 10.

Devices may have slightlly differences after of updates, in the case that I know with this person the battery was not bad with Miui 10 but although that it was improved with Miui 11.

If you can wait a little more time; personally Android 10 on all devices that I used with, ever they had a better performance when updated.
Thanks [emoji4] will do that surely.

jstanoob

Dec 5, 2019
Alright my first question, mwahahaha... Ok, so, when I go to settings and go to apps and notifications to review permissions and so on, there's a list of recently opened apps on the top of the page, normal. But, I can sit there for a minute and watch it and new apps start popping up, as if I had just opened them; they are important ones to. My VPN, 3c all in one tools, wifi calling, my antivirus's and malware detectors, things like that. I know every phone is different and if you don't have my phone you may not know, but, I'm not looking for specifics (unless you have them) just a general idea. And is there any way with my emulator to find out why this is happening? I know basic commands and how to move around where I want to go, but that is above my skill level. (For now)

You guys better get used to me being around lol, if I'm not working, I'm on my phone trying to learn the ins and outs of Android. Many, many questions to come.

Oh, and just for reference I'm on a ****ty phone. A Nokia 3.1 running Android Pie, I'd root it but I don't have a computer and doing it through my emulator seems unsafe to me. And I have a Nexus tablet as well but I'm not messing with that until I know what I'm doing.

Thanks,

Jstanoob

Edit: one more question lol, I have mixplorer and all my root files were unavailable to me, I can see them but access was not available. All of a sudden yesterday, I decided to see if there was anything new and this time I was able to open and look at any root folder. Any idea why that may be? I hate to think I've been hacked again, but..

Last edited:

jstanoob

Dec 5, 2019
Can Xposed be used with Android Pie and how does one go about doing it? I believe I searched all available threads and found lots of info, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Edit: I want to try VMOS, that's why I ask. Any info is appreciated :)

NVM, after more reading I see that VMOS is not for me, or anyone really :/

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
It's getting harder and harder to find info. How does one go about learning to patch sha256 checking on odin 3.14? I've tried web search with bs results. Definitely alot of misinformation which makes it harder to try to learn

If you are looking for a version of Odin that solves the sha256 errors then a patched Odin like this would work https://xdaforums.com/android/software/patched-odin-3-13-1-t3762572 also there are other patched version that can make the same like this https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904009299

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Hello everyone,

two new methods (basically same) i would name it both SIM method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETExW5IwAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcpnIjzqDw

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I've tried those. My metro pcs A102u aka A10e is only compatible with odin 3.14. Security etc has changed on some new devices unfortunately. Patching 3.14 would possibly help some. However combination firmware cant be odin flashed either with odin 3.14. It's frustrating. I want viper4android. Smfh and lol

It`s strange, I had some months ago a Samsung A50 and it was compatible with Odin v3.09, 10, 12, 13, 14, etc. I don`t think that the issue resides on the fact that newer devices come every day more secured but probably in some barrier from the firmware provided for the carrier itself. I noticed a thing along the time, devices that come with software provided by carrier whichever it is also come with the impossibility to be customized so if you need so much this feature/app better is get for a free-carrier unit.

Anyway from the first post that I linked is probable that OP can give you some input/help on how to patch sha256 if it is possible.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7

Welcome to the forum! As @mrrocketdog pointed out, it's hard to help without knowing more about the device you are working with.

General knowledge isn't so general when you compare across MediaTek, Samsung, Google and other devices. They all have their way of doing things. Many devices have a custom recovery, TWRP or similar that once installed will allow relatively easy installation of a custom ROM, but more and more are having to find ways around not having a custom recovery.

Some links to get you started:
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/n00bs-guide-root-recovery-brick-t3002840
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2416235
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/difference-root-custom-rom-t3437151
https://twrp.me/FAQ/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know Iran is under some sanctions,so i can pay you only in Iran Rial (IR)
    No access to global money transfer systems
    Its 2024. There's bitcoin and the dark-web to name a few. Payments COULD be made if your were truly willing. The fact you also posted on the "Your Google Play Store is blocked? Search/request your app here!" thread and even tagged/quoted the OP, who hasn't posted for years, makes it clear you are not looking to pay, so please dont pretend, the fact I explained how it could be done yourself above, and still you ask for someone else to solve YOUR problem for you., makes it clear you have no intention to pay for it or even do any attempted work to satisfy your needs. And then come back as the victim of your restrictive region. PS it could of been simply done by yourself without creating an APK.

And to be clear, your playstore is NOT blocked, you also wish for someone else to search and find an app for you, to again, satisfy your needs, for free, Don't play the victim, and so badly. Your post is technically OT on that thread. (loved to have seen what it was before it had to be edited by a moderator....)
    Hello I am searching for an independent app (not app shortcuts/widgets) that could toggle playback state, on it's launch -functionable on every stock media player or any third party apps.

It could be as simple as possible that even having not any UI ! (Like a shortcut I've already created via the app Power-Shortcut)

‏i searched app's stores with no luck, Does anyone know such an app or could develop one please?
    If your launcher can support it, it can be achieved with a one line script. Triggered by your launcher, and set a custom icon.

input keyevent 85;

Where 85=KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
    I'm using Redmi system launcher and not planning to use any 3rd party one .So could you please turn it into a simple apk?
    And how much are you paying me? :rolleyes:
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II