Custom launcher on S7 Slim

Search This thread
For all of you having problem with unresponsive touchscreen after installing alternative launcher on your S7 Slim...
I found out that during boot touchscreen is disabled and official Huawei Launcher enables it, so if you install alternative launcher, touchscreen remains disabled after reboot.
First of all, you have to root you S7 Slim (I've done it using following article http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack,_Edit,_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images, just set ro.secure=0 in default.prop and add --base 0x20000000 to mkbootimg command-line). Then, copy file /system/etc/bluetooth_power.sh to your hard disk (adb pull /system/etc/bluetooth_power.sh c:\). Edit that file (c:\bluetooth_power.sh) using Notepad++ and add following lines:

echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/boot_complete
echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/state

Then, remount /system partiton read-write (adb remount), and copy that file back (adb push c:\bluetooth_power.sh /system/etc/).
Reboot, and now you can install any launcher you like!

itechscs

Jun 28, 2011
akron
I installed adw launcher ex on my s7 tablet and now my touch screen wont work. I've tried to connect it to my PC to root but my PC isn't seeing the device. I don't think its set on debugging mode. Is there anyway to fix this or is it hopeless.

Edit: nevermind I returned it to best buy.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Last edited:

wheeqo

For all of you having problem with unresponsive touchscreen after installing alternative launcher on your S7 Slim...
I found out that during boot touchscreen is disabled and official Huawei Launcher enables it, so if you install alternative launcher, touchscreen remains disabled after reboot.
First of all, you have to root you S7 Slim (I've done it using following article http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack,_Edit,_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images, just set ro.secure=0 in default.prop and add --base 0x20000000 to mkbootimg command-line). Then, copy file /system/etc/bluetooth_power.sh to your hard disk (adb pull /system/etc/bluetooth_power.sh c:\). Edit that file (c:\bluetooth_power.sh) using Notepad++ and add following lines:

Then, remount /system partiton read-write (adb remount), and copy that file back (adb push c:\bluetooth_power.sh /system/etc/).
Wow thanks shisko, it works!
My steps a bit different:
1. Root with gingerbreak.
2. Edit bluetooth_power.sh with root explorer.
3. Add those code. Save and exit.
4. Reboot.
5. Add custom launcher.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

darkic

Feb 16, 2009
Gornji Milanovac
Wow thanks shisko, it works!
My steps a bit different:
1. Root with gingerbreak.
2. Edit bluetooth_power.sh with root explorer.
3. Add those code. Save and exit.
4. Reboot.
5. Add custom launcher.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

Confirmed, working. I installed Zeam straight to portrait view, and no orientation bug anymore. Cheers!

shrek412

Nov 29, 2011
who can make a better huawei s7 slim rom?

1. Tri-zet (Tried and works great) androidtablets.net

2. Zmey Mod (Still running) on ndroidtablets.net

3. Pirate 2.0 by Satec in this forum (Not sure this will run on my s7 105 and too lazy to flash this at the moment cos the ROM i using now is stable enough)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

#!/system/bin/sh
    #
    # added by h00131430
    #

echo 0 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state

Download file
    http://www.multiupload.com/MKBGQUC10X