CWM 5.0.2.8 on Valhalla Black

Search This thread

jrosetto

May 18, 2012
Clearwater
Any way to upgrade the CWM in Valhalla black to 5.0.2.8 without using another kernel? Right now it is on 5.0.2.7 and I would like to upgrade if possible.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Actually hampster kernel has cwm 5.0.2.8 (blue cwm) but some users are having issues with nand backups and going to mtd with that kernel.

sent from my batcave :)

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
FB, why not rebuild the kernel in vb with my new initramfs?

Added it to my todo list. The thing is that now I really like your CM7 build.sh and am disliking the BML kernel's build.sh. I might just go ahead and do it with anton's kernel since he has a lot of patches already, or he can do it himself.

Does this thing auto-root? I don't see any references to it in your commit history.

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Added it to my todo list. The thing is that now I really like your CM7 build.sh and am disliking the BML kernel's build.sh. I might just go ahead and do it with anton's kernel since he has a lot of patches already, or he can do it himself.

Does this thing auto-root? I don't see any references to it in your commit history.

I looked at CWM briefly, but I don't know much about our phone boot and recovery process. I don't even understand why recovery has to be build for each device individually and cannot use a single binary and some config and script files.

This is the latest source for the touch recovery:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

If we can figure how to build and use it I'll include it in the kernel.

Last edited:

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
I looked at CWM briefly, but I don't know much about our phone boot and recovery process. I don't even understand why recovery has to be build for each device individually and cannot use a single binary and some config and script files.

This is the latest source for the touch recovery:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

If we can figure how to build and use it I'll include it in the kernel.

This is because the way recovery works is based on the the BoardConfig.mk and other make variables that are specific to the board (like the size of the partitions, other device features that are enabled, etc...)

You don't want to look at the ICS branch. If you want touch recovery, you need to look at the cm-7.2.0 branch... but it has a lot of weird dependencies and as I've said in this forum already... I got a handle on it. I should have something by or on this weekend.

jrosetto

May 18, 2012
Clearwater
I finally found the kernel that works for my phone with 5.0.2.8 Blue on it. Seems to work good on my phone, but not really sure where I got it from originally. Any way this helps to make the transition easier?

Attachments

• release2(oc).zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 14

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
You can flash AntonX's 1.1.3 Kennel and get CWM 5.0.2.8 I'm running it on Valhalla Black..the blue CWM looks really nice. :)