Can't Root my xperia Z1??

Search This thread

dremary

Jun 26, 2012
Hello..I just had my Xperia Z1 updated to the latest firmware 14.1.G.2.257 and tried over and over to root it using vRoot, 360root and Kingo root but with all the result is "Root failed"!!.can anyone help me to root my device on this firmware? Thanks :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
This thread is super old... Only .534 can be rooted, then you can OTA update to .257

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
mine is sony z1 running 4.2.2(257), the problem is sony OTAing the newest version 290, so i couldn't downgreat to the old version than ota update to 257

Downgrade to .534, root and then upgrade OTA.

Download the file here: https://mega.co.nz/#!K1QD1bSK!JkgNvz3Tqb6lq4brVUEyZGraOjMQuTuzn8IaEFhQhUI (ftf file for .534 firmware)

Use flashtool to downgrade it ( untick wipe data/cache/appslogs )

Then root it with vroot or something else.

Then it will prompt you to download .257, doing do it OTA not through your PC :)

hikarumk2

Apr 22, 2011
Downgrade to .534, root and then upgrade OTA.

Download the file here: (ftf file for .534 firmware)

Use flashtool to downgrade it ( untick wipe data/cache/appslogs )

Then root it with vroot or something else.

Then it will prompt you to download .257, doing do it OTA not through your PC :)

sony is telling me to update to .290 now, will it tell me to update to .257 after i downgraded to .534? or keep telling me update to .290?

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
sony is telling me to update to .290 now, will it tell me to update to .257 after i downgraded to .534? or keep telling me update to .290?

It will tell you to update to 290.
However, if your bootloader is unlock-able, backup TA partition then unlock it, then install a recovery and flash Supersu flashable zip, then flash stock kernel and then restore TA partition.

Regards,
~J2C

Reactions: hikarumk2

Tonian1878

Nov 12, 2013
Gettin abit confused now with all this root, bootloader, 4.3 stuff.

am still on 257 (rooted), i have the 4.3 OTA notice but i know if i update ill lose root (maybe partial root). ive heard that 4.3 can be rooted but requires unlocking the bootloader. when i go into the service menu it says: Bootloader unlock allowed: NO.

does this mean its not possible for me to root 4.3 at the moment.

if not then whats the limitation on Partial root, i dont do anything particular advance with root, just get certian apps (greenify, ad-away, autohide softkeys) can these apps still function properly on Partial root?

sorry i know these questions have been asked elsewhere but its pain trying to look through the many many threads or looking through about 60 pages on 1 thread.

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar

am still on 257 (rooted), i have the 4.3 OTA notice but i know if i update ill lose root (maybe partial root). ive heard that 4.3 can be rooted but requires unlocking the bootloader. when i go into the service menu it says: Bootloader unlock allowed: NO.

if not then whats the limitation on Partial root, i dont do anything particular advance with root, just get certian apps (greenify, ad-away, autohide softkeys) can these apps still function properly on Partial root?

sorry i know these questions have been asked elsewhere but its pain trying to look through the many many threads or looking through about 60 pages on 1 thread.

Bootloader unlock allowed: NO means you can't unlock bootloader.

Partial root doesn't allow you to edit anything in the /system or in the root /.
Anything that edits system won't work (Probably autohide softkeys probably won't work. But it might work if you installed it before updating).

Regards,
~J2C

Reactions: Tonian1878

Tonian1878

Nov 12, 2013

Partial root doesn't allow you to edit anything in the /system or in the root /.
Anything that edits system won't work (Probably autohide softkeys probably won't work. But it might work if you installed it before updating).

Regards,
~J2C

cool. Thanks.

so is the no hack to force bootloader to unlock?

sorry if some questions seem stupid. was an iOS person until i got the z1. use to think jailbreaking was a nightmare but its a blessing in comparison to rooting Android or more specifically the z1.

hikarumk2

Apr 22, 2011
However, if your bootloader is unlock-able, backup TA partition then unlock it, then install a recovery and flash Supersu flashable zip, then flash stock kernel and then restore TA partition.

Regards,
~J2C

oh, someone said that to do backup TA i have to root first, is that true?

maaafeb05

Jun 9, 2008
Dhahran
I have C6903
Build 14.2.A.1.136

when rooting it goes to the screen where it reset my data and it ends and vroot shows error, can anyone direct me to the corrected way? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards,
    ~J2C

Regards,
    ~J2C
    oh, someone said that to do backup TA i have to root first, is that true?

Yes, and the solution is simple, flash stock 534 and root it with kingo root or vroot or whatever way you may want to use. Then backup TA easily.

Regards,
    ~J2C