Performance?

Search This thread

FTMDan

Jul 13, 2012
How is the performance on the 8.4 with Touchwiz? I was looking at getting a Nexus 7 because I'm a huge fan of the vanilla Android feel and how responsive it is but I think 7" would be a bit too small for me, but I am a bit reluctant to bite the bullet on the Tab S in case Touchwiz ends up bogging things down.

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
The TouchWiz is much more refined in this iteration. It's a much more enjoyable experience. The UI is more simple in design. You can also disable most of it. (but not all of it) People are also going to Nova Launcher if they want Android in its most native form.

Last edited:

qngds

Mar 19, 2008
Tampa
Nexus 7 vs Tab S 8.4

How is the performance on the 8.4 with Touchwiz? I was looking at getting a Nexus 7 because I'm a huge fan of the vanilla Android feel and how responsive it is but I think 7" would be a bit too small for me, but I am a bit reluctant to bite the bullet on the Tab S in case Touchwiz ends up bogging things down.

I have both. I got the 8.4 to replace my older version of Note 10.1 (wanted something lighter to hold for reading Wall Street Journal and magazines. I keep the Nexus 7 in my purse, and am hoping the 8.4 is small enough to carry in lieu of the 7 (I received the 8.4 about an hour ago lol. I prefer CM 11 over Touchwiz, but I'll be content to wait it out. It's definitely faster than the Nexus 7. I'll still use it in the car for movies, podcasts etc.

Hope this helps.

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
The TouchWiz is much more refined in this iteration. It's a much more enjoyable experience. The UI is more simple in design. You can also disable most of it. (but not all of it) People are also going to Nova Launcher if they want Android in its most native form.

Wondering if nova launcher improves performance and battery life?

Top Liked Posts