Stuck in fast boot.

Search This thread

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Hello. I'm having trouble with my HTC Rezound. I had CWM and Clean Rom was running fine but I tried to switch to Venasaur so I could use it on Straight Talk. I had an unlocked boot loader and everything worked before I tried flashing the new rom. Now, My phone won't even turn off unless it's dead.The bootloader says relocked, and it just keeps putting itself in fast boot whether I power it on or not.It says security warning under tampered and relocked. Can anybody please help me out? It would be much appreciated!

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hello. I'm having trouble with my HTC Rezound. I had CWM and Clean Rom was running fine but I tried to switch to Venasaur so I could use it on Straight Talk. I had an unlocked boot loader and everything worked before I tried flashing the new rom. Now, My phone won't even turn off unless it's dead.The bootloader says relocked, and it just keeps putting itself in fast boot whether I power it on or not.It says security warning under tampered and relocked. Can anybody please help me out? It would be much appreciated!
Did you try to unlock again and fastboot flash the proper boot.img?

Reactions: Cap'n Jazz

acejavelin

No matter how many times I go through the bootloader unlock screen it still says RELOCKED in fastboot.
Wait... so you get (or have) the unlock token, and push it to the phone via fastboot and it won't unlock? Not to question your abilities, but are you sure your doing it right?

Your using "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and then accepting the terms on the screen of the phone, and it is not unlocking?

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Wait... so you get (or have) the unlock token, and push it to the phone via fastboot and it won't unlock? Not to question your abilities, but are you sure your doing it right?

Your using "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and then accepting the terms on the screen of the phone, and it is not unlocking?

No offense taken! I'm here for help after all, haha. But yes, I have the unlock code.bin, type that into a CMD run from he sdk folder, get the accept screen on the phone, accept and it still says relocked. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, or if the phone is just screwed..

acejavelin

Hmmm... weird, so it must be accepting the token if it is prompting you on the phone to accept the terms on the phones. Guess I have never been in this position where it wouldn't unlock. Did you try going through the entire process on the HTCdev.com again from start to finish? Other than that, I would have to differ this to someone with a little more "hacking" knowledge on the Rezound, like @REV3NT3CH

I hate to say it, but if it won't unlock again, that is bad... really bad, like might be bricked and require a JTAG bad.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
No offense taken! I'm here for help after all, haha. But yes, I have the unlock code.bin, type that into a CMD run from he sdk folder, get the accept screen on the phone, accept and it still says relocked. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, or if the phone is just screwed..

yes try getting a new unlock.bin...each unlock.bin differs from phone to phone also...for example say you had 2 rezounds...one unlock.bin from one rezound will not work on another

Last edited:

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
yes try getting a new unlock.bin...each unlock.bin differs from phone to phone also...for example say you had 2 rezounds...one unlock.bin from one rezound will not work on another

Well I guess I have a paperweight now.. I got a new unlock.bin and it still says relocked :/. Thanks for the help, guys.

[EDIT] It unlocked! I'm not sure why it finally worked! So what do I do from here? I just need to flash the boot.img?

Last edited:

acejavelin

Well I guess I have a paperweight now.. I got a new unlock.bin and it still says relocked :/. Thanks for the help, guys.

[EDIT] It unlocked! I'm not sure why it finally worked! So what do I do from here? I just need to flash the boot.img?
Download ROM and TWRP 2.6.3.0

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot boot recovery.img

flash rom in TWRP

S-OFF with rumrunner (just to be safe for the future)

acejavelin

Ah, I see. Thank you for the link. I got TWRP recovery up, but when I try to flash the Venasaur ROM it says failed each time..
Why Venasaur, it is very old and unsupported for almost 2 years... I would recommend Evervolv (KitKat 4.4.2), Tachyon (4.3 Jellybean), or EclipticRez Revamped v9 (Sense ICS), all are stable and have support.

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Why Venasaur, it is very old and unsupported for almost 2 years... I would recommend Evervolv (KitKat 4.4.2), Tachyon (4.3 Jellybean), or EclipticRez Revamped v9 (Sense ICS), all are stable and have support.

I was looking for a rom that would let me use this phone with Straight Talk. Would any of those work for that?

Tachyon fails too.

Last edited:

acejavelin

I was looking for a rom that would let me use this phone with Straight Talk. Would any of those work for that?

Tachyon fails too.
Evervolv should work with a GSM SIM, Edge only, you need to flash the GSM patch for Evervolv though.

What error is it giving you?

EDIT: I don't see any reference to Straight Talk in the Venasaur thread.

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Venasaur uses an older update-binary thats now incompatible with the newer builds of TWRP. The fix, flash it twice. I recommend using TWRP 2.5.0.0 for ICS/GB roms, latest for JB/KK.

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Evervolv should work with a GSM SIM, Edge only, you need to flash the GSM patch for Evervolv though.

What error is it giving you?

EDIT: I don't see any reference to Straight Talk in the Venasaur thread.

It just says "E: Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/TACHYON- 1.2.zip'" And Failed in red above the Home button.

acejavelin

It just says "E: Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/TACHYON- 1.2.zip'" And Failed in red above the Home button.
Are you copying the ROM file to the external SD card?

You will probably need to do a complete wipe of the phone except external SD card in the Wipe->Advanced menu, I usually do it at least twice. Then go to the Mounts, select external SD and Mount, it should allow you to get to the SD card with your PC via USB, copy the ROM ZIP file over and go back home and Install and browse to the ZIP and flash.

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Are you copying the ROM file to the external SD card?

You will probably need to do a complete wipe of the phone except external SD card in the Wipe->Advanced menu, I usually do it at least twice. Then go to the Mounts, select external SD and Mount, it should allow you to get to the SD card with your PC via USB, copy the ROM ZIP file over and go back home and Install and browse to the ZIP and flash.

I had been using another phone to put the ROM zip on the external SD card. It finally said it installed Evervolv, but when I boot up it just black screens now :/

[EDIT] Now when I try to wipe it says: "E: Unable to mount '/emmc' E: Unable to mount '/emmc' E: Unable to mount internal storage"

Last edited:

acejavelin

I had been using another phone to put the ROM zip on the external SD card. It finally said it installed Evervolv, but when I boot up it just black screens now :/
How did you start TWRP, from the phone or via "fastboot boot" command? If you started TWRP from the phone, you need to flash the boot.img manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you do your wipes, do them twice (internal storage becomes "emmc", wipe emmc the second time)

If that fails, run the 3.14.605.12 RUU from @REV3NT3CH's downgrade upgrade thread, do part 1, then skip to 2a Step 5 and finish (do the whole thing if you have time).

I tried running the RUU in fastboot usb and it says there is a usb error? It says fastboot usb on the phone, though.

Not sure why it finally worked but I got the RUU update to the phone and it booted! Now to unlock again and all that. Thanks a ton for the continued support! This seems like one of the best message board communities out there :D
    Did you try to unlock again and fastboot flash the proper boot.img?
    No matter how many times I go through the bootloader unlock screen it still says RELOCKED in fastboot.

Hmmm... weird, so it must be accepting the token if it is prompting you on the phone to accept the terms on the phones. Guess I have never been in this position where it wouldn't unlock. Did you try going through the entire process on the HTCdev.com again from start to finish? Other than that, I would have to differ this to someone with a little more "hacking" knowledge on the Rezound, like @REV3NT3CH

I hate to say it, but if it won't unlock again, that is bad... really bad, like might be bricked and require a JTAG bad.
    My screen stays black during a call and I can't get it to turn back on. Is there a fix for this?

[EDIT] Fixed, nevermind!

So I took the phone to Verizon and they are sending a new one. The battery was losing charge while on the charger and I couldn't handle it. At least I know exactly what to do with the new one thanks to you guys!

Awesome user name Cap'n Jazz. One of my favorite bands.