Tab Pro 8.4 vs Tab S 8.4

Search This thread

büscher

Dec 13, 2010
wow... I got my tabpro 8.4 for around 220$ (199.- CHF) lucky me.

I really can say this tab gives me all I want. The display is amazing, I can't imagine something better - a pdf looks just like a printed paper and if you adjust the brightness to the highest level it destroys your eyes in the dark.

The CPU is capable of running @2.7GHz (at least mine does), the 2GB RAM are more than enough (we have a linux based OS here with a good memory management).

My Antutu score is around 38'000 (@2.4GHz) - I know that doesnt say much about daily usage but you can feel it.

If you replace Touchwiz with apex you won't see any stutters, just plain smooth (also set the animation scales to 0.5 in developer options)

Also the Hancom Office is amazing. the only thing I miss is the "S Planer Widget" I hate this Touchwiz replacement thingie...

Reactions: mongonexus

Skitals

Sep 7, 2010
I got my Tab Pro 8.4 in the Best Buy sale for $250 plus $50 gift card (plus the $25 Play store credit), so I can't complain about price. I love everything about it, EXCEPT the battery life. Everything else being equal, the Tab S appears to have significantly better battery life. In the Engadget review, it was something like 12 hours compared to 7 on the Pro. That's a HUGE difference! There is nothing worse than battery anxiety. But is it worth twice the price?

coolqf

Sep 7, 2007
Istanbul
7hrs is tough. Maybe the original is release used a lot of energy? I ran about 9hrs and it went to about 13%. However, I have cyanogenmod11 and disabled apps that I will never use, like the dialer, etc....

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I went to Best Buy to look at the new Tab S. I have the Tab Pro 8.4. Long story short, they seem the same to me. I couldn't even tell the screen was any different. So I imagine unless you look side-by-side you won't be able to either. They didn't seem any faster. The Gravity movie pre-loaded was cool to see but it didn't look more amazing than on the Pros.

The 'S Finder' and 'Quick Connect' buttons are permanantly in the notification area too, next to brightness and sound. While you can remove the brightness and sound sliders, you can't remove the S Finder and Quick Connect buttons.

All in all, I was pretty excited to look at them, but you really don't need to upgrade at all to the S if you have a Pro. Not at all.
    Yes will be offered with LTE.

Sent from my SM-N9005

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Sorry to hear that. Bad move Samsung. Do you think you will win brand loyalty by screwing your most passionate customers esp the early adopters? I can understand their strategy of trying to win more sales by tempting new customers with better tech and low prices. While you might tempt the early adopters to switch to their newer tablets. But releasing a newer better tablet in less than 6 months? It can backfire. You are going to piss off the early adopters who supported you.

Reminds me of the Moto Razr and Razr Max days.

Sent from my SM-N9005

I'm in the same boat. I would have loved to have waited for the S instead of snagging the Pro last month. Oh well. I'm still happy with my purchase.
    Looking at the specs for the US wifi model it also uses a exynos cpu which could mean fewer roms.
    i will keep the tab pro 8.4 anyday over purchasing the tab s, the qualcomm soc imho is better and faster than sammy chip, plus the benefit of having more development for us in the future on the tab pro is almost a givin,,steve
    Best Buy has the 8.4 Pro on sale for $330, plus a free $50 gift card.
    You local Best buy just marked the price down to $279 instead of the gift card. Better.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

A great example of a super amoled screen would be the Note 3. Yes blacks are blacker and quite inky but other colors such as red and orange are overblown and unnatural. So while super amoled may be pretty and highly saturated the 8.4 Pro screen will look more like an actual printed magazine.

The biggest sacrifice of the Tab Pro screen is grayish blacks.