[Q] Poor battery life with replacement LG G2

Search This thread

forrestgump2000

Nov 17, 2009
When I first got my LG G2 phone, I was quite happy with the battery life. I could get about two days of battery life with a full charge. After not owning the phone for too long, the screen went garbled and stopped working. Loose connector, I suppose. Anyway, I got a replacement LG G2 (factory refurb, I assume) and the battery life is about half of what it was before. I'm lucky if I can go a full day without requiring a top-off.

Given that the G2 phone line was only released about 6 months ago, it's hard to imagine that the replacement phone's battery was used so much that it doesn't hold a significant charge anymore. The phone is similarly configured (stock Verizon OS, rooted, a number of bloatware apps removed), so I can't imagine why the battery life is so much worse. Had I not experienced such good battery performance with my first phone, I perhaps wouldn't mind so much. But this one is definitely a let-down.

What could possibly cause such a difference in battery life between my two instances of the same model phone? If my replacement phone does indeed have a defective battery, I'm suspicious whether I'd be able to get another replacement just because the current one isn't as good as my old one. Is perhaps the quality control on the G2 battery low enough that you might by luck get a good one or a bad one, and I was lucky with my first one and unlucky with my replacement?

Thoughts?

kevinleo10

Apr 23, 2014
OnePlus 6
Mine is same my first g2 can get up to 6 hours of screen on time,But in the second g2 i only get max of 3 hours of screen on time...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app