Question about ROM base and Radios

Search This thread

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I've decided to switch my ROMs back to 1.72 from 2.10 as I'm fed up with terrible phone call quality.

Ive swapped over from 1.72 to my 2.10 kitchen OEMDrivers, OEMDriversHigh and OEMMisc folders in OEM and carried over rgu entries from OEM Drivers. Also OEMXIPKernel has been copied from 1.72 to my 2.10 base.

This wors great but when I use 2.09.51 radio it works ok on first boot. But if I soft reset the phone hangs on the HTC boot screen and I need to hard reset.

Does anyone know what is stopping the 2.09 radio from working on soft reboot? :(

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I've decided to switch my ROMs back to 1.72 from 2.10 as I'm fed up with terrible phone call quality.

Ive swapped over from 1.72 to my 2.10 kitchen OEMDrivers, OEMDriversHigh and OEMMisc folders in OEM and carried over rgu entries from OEM Drivers. Also OEMXIPKernel has been copied from 1.72 to my 2.10 base.

This wors great but when I use 2.09.51 radio it works ok on first boot. But if I soft reset the phone hangs on the HTC boot screen and I need to hard reset.

Does anyone know what is stopping the 2.09 radio from working on soft reboot? :(

When I change a core base I always copy the os.nb.payload, romhdr.bin, xip.bin as well as the OEMXIPKerenl from the base I want to use. When copying the OEM folders copy the entire folders QEMDrivers, OEMDriversJigh, OEMMisc.

This has always worked for me. It may not all be necessary but it works.

longnguyen30

Feb 21, 2006
I thing that if you use ROM OS 2.07... you must use Radio 2.07 0r 2.08 that avoid conflict between Radio&OS.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
When I change a core base I always copy the os.nb.payload, romhdr.bin, xip.bin as well as the OEMXIPKerenl from the base I want to use. When copying the OEM folders copy the entire folders QEMDrivers, OEMDriversJigh, OEMMisc.

This has always worked for me. It may not all be necessary but it works.

Hmmm...thanks for the reply. I never thought about those other 3 files in the XIP...I'll try copying them over too.

Thanks again, I'll post back with results.

Maybe im stating the obvious, but did you try including the 2.09 rilphone.dll?

I didn't think this would be necessary for the 2.09 radio to work.