[ROM] MROM-Vivow [CM7] build:20130401

Search This thread

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
I wonder if that option is available in the paid version. The splash i have now came from that app. Its an android holding an apple with the word nom. Kinda fun i thought. Glad you arr liking the rom. I am on official cm7 atm due to a corrupted back up of mrom. So i restored this one to keep from starting over. When i have some time i will likely be switching back to this though. The dev has done some nice work on it.

Sent from my Incredible 2

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
I notice the soft key lighting turns off when transitioning to or from a full screen app. After a moment they are back on again.
Repeatable with my AI Factory Backgammon game. I'll try some others.

Also found that I can't undervolt like I did with Evan's v10.5 kernel.
No matter.

-MROM on DInc2

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10
I wonder if that option is available in the paid version. The splash i have now came from that app. Its an android holding an apple with the word nom. Kinda fun i thought. Glad you arr liking the rom. I am on official cm7 atm due to a corrupted back up of mrom. So i restored this one to keep from starting over. When i have some time i will likely be switching back to this though. The dev has done some nice work on it.

Speaking of Apple related boot splashes/animations, if you liked the nom nom one, you'll definitely enjoy this boot ani. It initially starts like an iPhone with the Apple logo until an Android glides in and torches it :p

*I couldn't find the source but I threw it up on my site if anyone wants it:
http://vivow.pcharpoon.com/download/apple-android-bootani.html

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 0053.jpg
    0053.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 0071.jpg
    0071.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 0092.jpg
    0092.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

University of Pi

Aug 31, 2011
Rochester, NY
I was looking for a more stable rom
would prefer ics/jb but with the borked state even the best are in...
been using them so long took me a few minutes to figure out what rotating lights were :facepalm:

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Re: [ROM] HTCI2-MROM [CM7] build:20130113

I was looking for a more stable rom
would prefer ics/jb but with the borked state even the best are in...
been using them so long took me a few minutes to figure out what rotating lights were :facepalm:

This is a great ROM. I have been on it for about a week straight, coming from CM7. I had no problems with CM7, but I like the special attention of this effort. It's CM7 built especially for the DInc2.

First things I notice that are better are the kernel, camera, and launcher. Add the rotating buttons, too.

I have overclocked to 1.3GHz with incredicontrol and also running zeppelinrox v6 supercharger and kernelizer scripts.

The DInc2 is very robust and easy to use like this. Sad to think of all the un-rooted masses who could be perfectly happy with this phone, but are stuck on stock OS.

-MROM on DInc2

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

I've been trying to get the v6 supercharger starter kit installed but keep getting a empty shell error message every time. I've downloaded probably 15 times to make sure I've got a good download any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012

I've been trying to get the v6 supercharger starter kit installed but keep getting a empty shell error message every time. I've downloaded probably 15 times to make sure I've got a good download any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need the starter kit.
Get the latest v6 script from the download page (not the OP).
Get S Manager from the Play Store.
Run the script as root (skull and crossbones icon = green).
Do not auto-run the script, just run it manually. After you are done, nothing (of the script) is left running, just adjustments have been made.

MROM already has everything else that you need to run scripts. No need to duplicate stuff with the starter kit.
-MROM on DInc2

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

You don't need the starter kit.
Get the latest v6 script from the download page (not the OP).
Get S Manager from the Play Store.
Run the script as root (skull and crossbones icon = green).
Do not auto-run the script, just run it manually. After you are done, nothing (of the script) is left running, just adjustments have been made.

MROM already has everything else that you need to run scripts. No need to duplicate stuff with the starter kit.
-MROM on DInc2

Thank you very much!

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012

This rom is the definition of stable :D

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Actually...

sta·ble /stābl/

Adjective Not likely to change or fail; firmly established: "a stable relationship"; "prices have remained relatively stable".

Noun A building set apart and adapted for keeping horses.

Verb Put or keep (a horse) in a specially adapted building.

Synonyms adjective. steady - firm - steadfast - constant - fixed - solid noun. barn - stall - mews - stalls verb. stall...

is (are) the definition(s) of stable, but this rom fits the description given in the first one.. :) it is very reliable and not likely to fail. :D

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

Yes this Rom is stable and after supercharger it's slick and stable thank you. Is there anything special we need to do with the kickass kernelizer.

Last edited:

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012

Is there anything special we need to do with the kickass kernelizer.

The most recent version contains the "entropy-ness enlarger" which does a lot towards what the Seeder app does.
With the new KAK I don't run Seeder at all.
I haven't tried the io scheduler tweaks. I don't feel the need for the risk.

Other than that, I pretty much set up everything as middle of the road as possible.

-MROM on DInc2

Reactions: Steve One

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

Anyone have a idea on how to get my XDA premium on this Rom these adds on the free one are messing with my eyes. And I don't use titanium backup. Thank you very much.

Sent from my MROM powered Vivow

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10

Using a file explorer, go into root -
> system -> app

Select the xda apk and the uninstaller should run. Reboot the phone then install xda premium from the market

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

Using a file explorer, go into root -
> system -> app

Select the xda apk and the uninstaller should run. Reboot the phone then install xda premium from the market

Hello Sir thanks for the quick response. The market says that the device is not compatible with this version. I've been using the premium version since my eris days. I'm don't understand why it would say that.

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello Sir thanks for the quick response. The market says that the device is not compatible with this version. I've been using the premium version since my eris days. I'm don't understand why it would say that.

Is this after you manually uninstalled the app from root? You might need to clear the dalvik cache (from recovery). Also trying clearing the market data.

Those 2 steps should get you up and running with premium.

Reactions: Steve One

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

Thank you very much for the tips could I also delete the 2 other launchers I'm not using. Thank you for your time and help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing MROM-Vivow. Custom ROM for the HTCI2

This is my attempt to build a stable, complete, and fully functional custom ROM for the HTC Incredible 2 completely built from source code; HTCI2-MROM is built on top of Cyanogen ROM latest source code. I recompiled all components to guarantee maximum efficiency and performance. Along the way, I realized that I needed things to work different for the HTCI2, so I also made some changes. If you like my work, consider a donation to my cause.

HTCI2-MROM is entirely build from source. You will see the difference when you run it. Just to list a few features:
    • Optimum battery life, better than any other ROM I have tested
    • Quick, responsive
    • Contains all the most common HTCI2 tweaks
    • MIUI Camera for a better picture experience
    • QuickPic gallery application
    • Rotating Lights

While I tried to maintain the main core small, size is not the main focus.

Before posting negative comments about the ROM. Browse the thread and the FAQ. http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-faq-2/

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod or compatible recovery
    • HTCI2 with an unlocked bootloader

WARNING: I DECLINE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN DAMAGING YOUR PHONE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN ANY PROCESS DESCRIBED ON THIS PAGE.

Installation:
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Boot Clockworkmod recovery
    • Perform a factory reset (data and cache) *** THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM ***
    • Clean dalvik cache
    • Install HTCI2-MROM zip file
    • Boot the phone
    • Reboot in recovery and install Google Apps (this is required to avoid the home and search button not working)
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot
    • 1st reboot takes a little longer

Update from a previous version:
    • This updates are could introduce instabilities, they are provided as an independent package
    • Download file HTCI2-MROM-yyyymmdd-update.zip. THIS CAN ONLY BE APPLIED ON TOP OF A PREVIOUS HTCI2-MROM
    • Install Google Apps
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Backup your ROM via clockworkmod recovery. To revert from this update, restore the /system partition only
    • Boot into recovery and install zip
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot (1st reboot takes a little longer)

THE SERVER RUNS ON PAID SERVICES TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, HELP KEEP IT OPEN BY DONATING.

donor page: http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-donors/

Please consider providing valuable FEEDBACK to the thread

DOWNLOAD HTCI2 MROM

Revlle was nice to provide a mirror: http://vivow.pcharpoon.com/download/mrom.html

Download EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS (requires registration)

HTCI2-MROM Change Log: Change Log

File a bug report: here. Please provide good description and a fresh logcat.

To report bugs, follow these steps:
    • Install ADB (Google SDK) www.android.com for reference
    • Connect your phone to USB (Make sure USB Debugging is set)
    • run "adb logcat > {somefileonyourpc}"
    • Reproduce the problem
    • Press CRTL+C on your computer
    • Open a Bug Report, the link is on the main thread.
    • Make sure to attach the logcat file, a description of the problem, and the time it happened
    • After that, it can be tracked and I can ask additional information to solve

A great tutorial on how to use adb and logcat is located here

Screenshots:
    mrom-screenshot-1-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-2-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-4-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-5-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-6-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-7-168x300.png

All the ROM source code changes are available via my github repository https://github.com/MROM
    Kernel source code for this ROM is located here https://github.com/mmontuori/kernel-vivow-gb.git
    Not quite familiar with how to build roms yet, and I will respect the authors wishes not to mod. However, I would imagine a quick fix is calling aero's rotate_lights.sh from ActivityManagerService.updateConfigurationLocked(...).

Something like:

Code:
    try {
        Runtime.getRuntime().exec(String.format("/system/xbin/rotate_lights.sh %d", newConfig.orientation - 1));
    } catch (IOException e) {
        Slog.e("TAG", "Failed to execute rotate_lights.sh", e);
    }

This is a reasonable workaround, I will look into this for the next release.. thanks for suggesting...
    Mmontuori, any chance of an updated build with the changes for the 720 recording that have been mentioned?

Of course. It's time for a new build. Will include the changes for 720p recording...
    Glad you guys are enjoying the rom...

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks for testing my rom, within a day or two, a new update is coming to you... couple of minor bug fixes, but big changes on looks...

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app