Incoming call settings

Search This thread

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Anyone know how to turn off the setting where the contact name is announced on an incoming call? I can't find it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
My phone doesn't do that. I've gotta believe that it's because I "turned off" "Caller Name ID"

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All Tab>Caller Name ID>Turn Off

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
My phone doesn't do that. I've gotta believe that it's because I "turned off" "Caller Name ID"

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All Tab>Caller Name ID>Turn Off

Mmm I did the same, and I think that asks you if you want to add someone who you don't have... My phone is actually announcing who is calling and I can't figure out how to turn that off

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
Mmm I did the same, and I think that asks you if you want to add someone who you don't have... My phone is actually announcing who is calling and I can't figure out how to turn that off

Settings>Accessibility>Vision>TalkBack>Settings>Speak Caller ID

Either Uncheck Speak Caller ID, or turn TalkBack off completely

Attachments

• SpeakCallerID.png
    SpeakCallerID.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: 808phoneaddict

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Man I changed the talk back settings to off and even enabled it shut of the speaking to me feature, but it still does it...No one else is like that?

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Yeah try this man i hope it will help you with this steps.

Yes I did that, surprisingly, still was announcing the caller's name...I have no idea... If everyone else's s5 isn't doing that, and changing the settings doesn't help, then I've got to assume that something is faulty here...

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Ok found it... It seems like a bug, if you turn on voice control to answer and end your calls, under call settings, then the TalkBack feature works

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
I think it will works.. What's model you have used ?

The Verizon one...and no it doesn't... Well it does add contacts when they're not in my contacts already, otherwise it doesn't solve the problem I was having... I've already solved that, which you would have seen if you read the previous posts, it seems to be a bug where if you turn in voice answer and end calls, then it'll also turn on the talk back feature that verbally tells you who us calling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Settings>Accessibility>Vision>TalkBack>Settings>Speak Caller ID

Either Uncheck Speak Caller ID, or turn TalkBack off completely