mini convert to tv

Search This thread

mrsofa

Nov 22, 2012
Murska Sobota
r-sofa.blogspot.com
Hello!

I have a s3 mini with a broken screen and a dead battery + the proximity sensor is dead...
Now to repair it it's gonna cost more then getting a new one.
Can I convert it to different display? e.g. tv or monitor with hdmi/dvi input?

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
That was fast and straight forward...
Still doubt that is the answer becasue sonys have hdmi output...

then perhaps you should not waste everyone's time by posting a thread when you already know the answer
if you had bothered to search you would have found several comments from people who have tried and not managed to get it working
and this is samsung s3 mini
not sony s3 mini

Last edited:

mrsofa

Nov 22, 2012
Murska Sobota
r-sofa.blogspot.com
I know the answer yes, it's possible I just don't know how...
Probably I shouldn't ask this in a s3 mini forum, u really cant be nice if u own a s3 mini... Like the previews owner of mine that threw it in a wall.

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
I know the answer yes, it's possible I just don't know how...
Probably I shouldn't ask this in a s3 mini forum, u really cant be nice if u own a s3 mini... Like the previews owner of mine that threw it in a wall.

feel free to show proof that it is possible, to my knowledge there is no hardware support aside from serious hardware modification to do this
which requires in-depth information of the chipset in the device

as far as being nice
you were rude first, i responded

factorexh

Feb 1, 2013
then perhaps you should not waste everyone's time by posting a thread when you already know the answer
if you had bothered to search you would have found several comments from people who have tried and not managed to get it working
and this is samsung s3 mini
not sony s3 mini

are you mad?
yes you are.
if you dont know the answer just dont post a reply or rush. it has a posibbility to make a phone TV*
+ its hard to find with searching. send e-mail to developers. like maclaw and marcin. they know whats goin on android phones.

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
are you mad?
yes you are.
if you dont know the answer just dont post a reply or rush. it has a posibbility to make a phone TV*
+ its hard to find with searching. send e-mail to developers. like maclaw and marcin. they know whats goin on android phones.

not mad
just limited on patience for dumb end users who choose to be rude and are also too dumb to search for answers before posting nonsense

without detailed hardware information it is not possible
so please feel free to share what you know

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/
They made this... what is it? An android with an hdmi port.

you just can't come and say it's impossible. Maybe someone knows something?
@factorexh that's already a lot of info actually.

that is a usb device that connects to the TV that allows you to share movies and pictures
that hardware has been designed to do that

as i have already stated, unless there is a detailed hardware spec of the device you cannot modify the phone to cater for your requirements

sure go ahead and experiment with connections and soldering different points on the board, but unless you have the information you stand a high chance of either damaging the phone further or burning your tv hdmi port

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
so has there been any information found on how to do this?
please share as i am keen to see the results of your investigations and testing

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
Well my friend that studies electro studies (or whatever it's called in english) says it's possible but it need some things configured, and it's a lot of work..

it's also possible to fly to space but it requires some things configured

my statement still stands that it is currently not possible
no one has tried or even likely to bother trying since there is no detailed technical spec document shared to the public
It would take days maybe even longer to be able to map out the full circuit board just to understand what happens where and what is needed to make the conversion

just accept this and leave it at that