dont see recovery and boot logo

Search This thread

JoseRebelo

Jul 18, 2011
I'm going to try to get the link for the euro+fast kdz. I know how you feel man. But to tell you though, I already 2.1< before doing the process. And I do think you need to do the jump from 1.6 - 2.1.. I do know there's a tutorial for that process.
I'm just trying not to brick it, and I have no idea on what to do now <.<

rekcah_ogami

May 2, 2011
I'm just trying not to brick it, and I have no idea on what to do now <.<

Totally feel you man. This gt540 isn't even my phone. Once I get home later on, I'm gonna post the link that I used.

---

Oh yeah, here's the link that I followed xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=927379&highlight=swiftdroid+v2+rc5

Last edited:

Ebony Dubois

Aug 22, 2014
For those that still experience this issue [2015!]

Just wanted to leave my 2 cents here, I've been trying to do my best since around august 2014, no success. 2 days ago I retried this, and I DID IT! I will tell everyone what I did very shortly:

My problem that I solved: I can boot, device works like a charm. But: no boot logos, no recovery.
My solution for TL;DR: UNINSTALL ALL DRIVERS FROM DEVICE MANAGER 1ST, then reinstall. After that, flash a fastboot ROM and use it to WIPE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR PHONE! THIS was what I needed and was never explained: you had to WIPE the old data in order to get the boot screens back.

IN THIS ORDER (THANK YOU to those people from previous replies, gathering all your info was of great value):

Uninstall all of your phone drivers from your PC!!! This is what made most of my headaches go away, just use Device Manager and uninstall anything from LGE. After that, plug in your device in your USB ports (always BACK ports, not front ports, important). It should detect all drivers and download them.

IF it fails (it generally does with LGE USB Modem), you can go to Device Manager > Unknown Device (the one that wasn't recognized) > Right Click and Update > Choose 2nd option, then choose "choose from a list of local controllers" (or whatever the button says). After that, scroll down to LG Electronics, Inc. and install what didn't install.
I also found these drivers, but I did not test them: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p693hcz6kkouh19/USB_Driver_LG_GT540.zip
Huzzah!

Now you're set to begin:

FIRST thing you wanna do is a factory reset, this is something I'd forgotten with time, don't make the same mistake as I did. You can do it by turning your phone on and pressing Volume +/- & Home & Quick Search buttons all together for 5 seconds (it works, be patient and wait for it, even if you open the camera or any other stuff).

Download this Google SDK Tools (unzip and put the folder in C:\ drive) and this Fastboot drivers for GT540 (unzip and put the files inside the folder in C:\android-sdk).

Skip this next line if you know your ROM has fastboot.

Now, if you don't have a ROM with fastboot, I recommend you use either European Open+Fastboot or V20C Orange France Fastboot ROM.

Since you have Fastboot enabled, now all you need to do is turn off your device (all this with its battery on it, no weird things) and hold the Camera button before turning it back on. This should take you either to a black screen, or simply to no display, like me. Either one will work anyways.
Now press the Windows key > Type cmd and open it with Right Click > Run as Administrator.
In it, type all this, command by command (you can paste by right clicking):

cd C:\android-sdk
fastboot -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase system
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

And now it's go time! Do what everyone else says in here: Take out your phone's battery, SD and SIM cards, fire KDZ Updater up as Administrator (If your KDZ freezes, then it's either faulty or you did not install msxml, look for a good KDZ that comes with that file and delete your current one), choose CS_Emergency PhoneMode and:

1-Plug your phone while holding the volume DOWN button (don't worry! My phone didn't show "Download Mode" either, if you hear the Windows "Somethingpluggedin" Bump noise, it's ok).
2-Flash French V20A
3-Unplug your phone once KDZ says "==FINISHED==".
4-Plug it once again, holding the volume DOWN button.
5-Flash out.kdz (remember! it's CS_Emergency).

THANK YOU XDA!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I followed the instructions in post 22 and 23 and it fixed my boot animations. This is exactly what I did:

1) download the French v20A (hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ANEUBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz) and the out.kdz (hxxp://narod.ru/disk/25473801000/out.kdz.html)
    2) Take out your battery, SIM and SD card
    3) plug USB into PC (but not phone yet)
    4) hold Vol - button and plug USB into phone - phone goes into Download Mode
    5) run KDZ Updater, put it into CS_Emergency mode
    6) select French V20A rom and flash it
    7) when it's finished pull out USB again and hold Vol - and reinsert USB to put phone back in Download Mode
    8) in KDZ Updater (still in CS_Emergency mode) select out.kdz and flash it

You should now have your boot anims back and you can flash whatever rom you want to use.
    Hey, just glad you got there in the end.
    We all share our experiences and profit ;)
    Restore missing boot anim and recovery screen

WARNING!
    Dangerous process! You can brick your phone!

Original post:
    hxxp://mobilarena.hu/tema/re_lg_optimus_gt540_android_olcson_gyorsan/hsz_8479-8479.html

Take out battery/sim/sd
    Start flashing with open europe v10c rom
    Will stop at 4% with an error, no logo, stucked in download mode.

Pull out USB cable and pop in the battery (but no sd/sim).
    Switch on phone with volume down+power until it vibrates.
    With internet connection on pc, plug in usb cable.
    If windows detect new devices let them install.
    Open device manager and disable LGE Android USB Modem.
    Flash factory baltic v20b the usual way.
    Flash process will be slow, % indicator does not move!
    Flash will be complete when the phone reboots with bootlogo/anim :rolleyes:
    Do a factory reset and ready!

1.6 open europe v10c:
    hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ANEUBK/v10c_00/V10C_00.kdz

2.1 baltic v20b:
    hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ABALBK/V20B_00/V20B_00.kdz

updater:
    hxxp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=810271

older updater with window enabler will work too.

Sorry for no links, "new users are not permitted to post outside links"
    solution to get logo

solution from 4PDA

flash first french firmware _hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ANEUBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz

(you must make kdz flasher fullscreen and change right option to CS_EMERGENCY)

dont boot android , remove accu reinsert them and press vol - and plug usb cable into port on mainboard - you must get in download mode )

flash firmware with fastboot (i use CIS _hxxp://narod.ru/disk/26675062000/V20B_00.kdz.html)

boot android and flash this firmware _hxxp://narod.ru/disk/25473801000/out.kdz.html

after this you must see all logo ( LG , Motion LG , Android )

after this flash firmware you like (custom fastboot e t с)

maybe some point is not needed but this tutorial work 100% and tested by myself
    Flash only v20a > out.kdz .
    Always pull out SIM card, memory card and battery.
    Hold down volume- and plug in USB cable - phone should display download mode then set kdz-flasher to cs-emergency and flash.
    It's good to do hard reset before flashing.