[Q] Not receiving calls after upgrade to android 4.4.2

Search This thread

Solvek

Oct 19, 2010
On my device I had installed cyanogenmod with android 4.3
It worked fine for me except not working outgoing sms and ussd requests, which was not very critical for me.
Last weekend it was upgraded to Cyanogen 11 (android 4.4.2) and after the upgrade I cannot receive calls, the caller can hear long bips but nothing happens on my side.
However now I can send sms and ussd request. The problem of not receiving calls is really critiacal
I have unloked GSM and using the phone in Ukraine, baseband version is L720VPUAMDC

Please help.

Last edited:

Solvek

Oct 19, 2010
I think you may need to update your baseband to use 4.4.2.

Thanks for your response. Not sure what you mean bu updating baseband but I just did update modem firmware, now my baseband version is L720VPUAMF9 although unfortunatelly incoming calls are still not working.

I still need a help,:crying:

Solvek

Oct 19, 2010
Ok, I found mk2 modem update here.
I have updated it successfully and now my basband version is L720VPUEMK2 but the phone still does not receive incoming calls :(

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Ok, I found mk2 modem update here.
I have updated it successfully and now my basband version is L720VPUEMK2 but the phone still does not receive incoming calls :(

If you are really having a difficult time making calls and it seems 4.4.2 related then you should probably restore your backup of the stock software that you made so you can update your profile and PRL after flashing a new modem. So to recap:

1.) Install stock MK2 software (preferably with root)
2.) Get through setup and go to phone settings and update Profile and PRL with the new modem
3.) Get your phone setup on stock software the way you want it in case 4.4.2 doesn't work on your device
4.) Create a nandroid of your stock setup in recovery
5.) Wipe your phone correctly by following the instructions in the first post of the 4.4.2 rom you want to use
6.) Flash rom
7.) Try calls/SMS again
8.) Find happiness?

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
Odd, I was on several CM11 nightlies with MDC with no issues receiving calls. (or it *did* actually update to MK2 but didn't show it in the "about phone" screen)

One thought: Did your phone wipe data when it updated? Could be something there is being screwy with incoming calls.

Solvek

Oct 19, 2010
Odd, I was on several CM11 nightlies with MDC with no issues receiving calls. (or it *did* actually update to MK2 but didn't show it in the "about phone" screen)

One thought: Did your phone wipe data when it updated? Could be something there is being screwy with incoming calls.

Hi
Thank for your response.
Yes, I can see MK2 in about phone.

And yes, I did wipe.

Now I returned to clean CM10.2.1 and I am receiving incoming calls now, however (as before) I cannot send sms or ussd requests but this is less critical for me then not receivng calls so I decided to wait for cm11 with this problem fixed.

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
Hi
Thank for your response.
Yes, I can see MK2 in about phone.

And yes, I did wipe.

Now I returned to clean CM10.2.1 and I am receiving incoming calls now, however (as before) I cannot send sms or ussd requests but this is less critical for me then not receivng calls so I decided to wait for cm11 with this problem fixed.

Why wait for cm11?... Try slimkat RC3, pretty much bug free and with way many more features than CM11. I tried it because of the milestone 3 buzz, but went back to Slimkat after a day... By the way, my girl is on mf9 running Slimkat 4,4,2 with no problems at all.

Last edited: