[Q] Problems with network search (CM 7.1.0-X8)

Search This thread

prezes22

Feb 25, 2014
Hello everyone,
Recently I have upgrae my phone to CM 7.1.0-X8 (with kernel 2.6.29.6-nAa-11).
Unfortunately I have a problem when I try to browse mobile networks: an error appears (message 'Error while searching for networks'). I cannot log in to a network different than my own (this will cause problem with roaming abroad).
On another forum I have noticed that someone came across this problem on HTC phone and change of a library file (libhtc_ril.so) helped in that case but I neither have this library in my installation, nor it is a SE phone.
Can anyone help in this case? Thanks a lot in advance.

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello everyone,
Recently I have upgrae my phone to CM 7.1.0-X8 (with kernel 2.6.29.6-nAa-11).
Unfortunately I have a problem when I try to browse mobile networks: an error appears (message 'Error while searching for networks'). I cannot log in to a network different than my own (this will cause problem with roaming abroad).
On another forum I have noticed that someone came across this problem on HTC phone and change of a library file (libhtc_ril.so) helped in that case but I neither have this library in my installation, nor it is a SE phone.
Can anyone help in this case? Thanks a lot in advance.

Trying using the latest version of the kernel that would be version 2.6.29.6-nAa-13.
Here is the link to the kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1350484
And are you using the Official CM7 for you phone? If you are, trying using MiniCM7 its much better.
Here is a link to the ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362585

prezes22

Feb 25, 2014
Trying using the latest version of the kernel that would be version 2.6.29.6-nAa-13.
Here is the link to the kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1350484
And are you using the Official CM7 for you phone? If you are, trying using MiniCM7 its much better.
Here is a link to the ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362585

Yep, I'm using CM7 official Shakira version. Having read your post I'm wondering at the following issues:
1. What are the differences between official CM7 I have installed and Mini CM7?
2. Basically - current instalation works fine, apart from the network selection. Perhaps it would be sufficient to replace a specific library in my installation with another one from Mini CM7 version?
3. Is Mini CM7 better than normal CM7?

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yep, I'm using CM7 official Shakira version. Having read your post I'm wondering at the following issues:
2. Basically - current instalation works fine, apart from the network selection. Perhaps it would be sufficient to replace a specific library in my installation with another one from Mini CM7 version?

Official CM7 is pretty old and discontinued. You can think of MIniCM7 like an update that started when the Official CM7 for the X8 ended. So MiniCM7 is probably better in every way (I say probably because I have never used the Official CM7, but you never hear some one recommend the Official CM7 over MiniCM7). Also a lot of other ROMs are based on MiniCM7 so that says something. Replacing a library will be more complicated than switching Kernel and ROM and who knows if it will even work, you might end up breaking it more than fixing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: prezes22

prezes22

Feb 25, 2014
Official CM7 is pretty old and discontinued. You can think of MIniCM7 like an update that started when the Official CM7 for the X8 ended. So MiniCM7 is probably better in every way (I say probably because I have never used the Official CM7, but you never hear some one recommend the Official CM7 over MiniCM7). Also a lot of other ROMs are based on MiniCM7 so that says something. Replacing a library will be more complicated than switching Kernel and ROM and who knows if it will even work, you might end up breaking it more than fixing it.
I have upgraded my phone to MiniCM7 version. It has solved all the problems that existed earlier. Apart from problems with network, also the phone speaker is louder (as with the original SE Rom), FM Radio is also present.
Thanks a lot.:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.