Ebay extended battery - anyone tried one of these?

Search This thread

Pookito

Sep 15, 2010
Dude, u should post the link. I'd like to take a look

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

cazish

Jan 29, 2009
Chicago
Eek...for $10 i'd rather have the two batteries + charger deal that is on eBay. Although not having to rip off a case and change a battery is nice, having a monster phone with no known applicable cases is the downside for me.

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
If it's anything like the Mugen extended battery, I won't be complaining. The Mugen increases the thickness of the phone from 9mm to 12mm. Not a big deal considering how thin the phone already is.

When I get mine I'll be spraying the battery cover with Plasti Dip, as someone in another thread did with their spare purple battery cover. Why? Because I HATE the glossy black - it's a fingerprint magnet! Plus, it's nice to have the rubberized finish - helps keep it from slipping out of your hand!

I have a belt pouch that I use that is just begging for a fatter phone - I figure I should be in good shape with it.

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
The sun has shined on this dog's a$$ - the battery just came! I ordered on Friday and it arrived today from California. I'm impressed!

It's not pretty - the door is fat and piano black - but I bought this for function, not fashion!

It was about 60% charged when I got it. I am going to drain fully then give it a full charge and start from there.

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
The sun has shined on this dog's a$$ - the battery just came! I ordered on Friday and it arrived today from California. I'm impressed!

It's not pretty - the door is fat and piano black - but I bought this for function, not fashion!

It was about 60% charged when I got it. I am going to drain fully then give it a full charge and start from there.

Can you post some pics of battery and cover on the phone? I had one of those on my g1 back in the day and it sure wasn't pretty, but it did the job.

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
100_5618.jpg

100_5619.jpg

100_5621.jpg

100_5622.jpg

100_5623.jpg

100_5624.jpg

I had more pics but the battery on my camera was dying and it corrupted the files on the SD card!

Pardon the fingerprints !

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yep still pocketable.. It may look huge in the pics, but in reality it's probably no larger than a G1 with one of those snap-on covers.

I'm using a belt pouch that I had as well that is made for an iPhone 3gs w/ case , fits in there nicely.

jgiard6

Nov 6, 2009
Just obtained mine as well today. Gave it a full charge and battery life has doubled for me. I can finally make it through a day of heavy multimedia/browser use without having to stop to recharge. Back is constructed well, not as cheap as my old G1 Seidio extended battery back. As far as thickness goes, it's still thinner than my old Seidio.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Master™

Sep 24, 2010
I'm sorry, but with that battery pack it looks like it should be a circus phone.. Doesnt look sexi at all.. I will keep the original :D

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
wow, thats looks like a g1 if I didn't know any better. I will pick one of these up just for times like this weekend when we went camping and had no where to charge up. Won't be using this for everyday use though, don't want to get laughed at by my employees who would have a field day with that.

Thanks OP for posting the pics.

Kubernetes

Aug 29, 2010
Oh god, my eyes!

Seriously, that thing is HUGE. What kills me is that the battery is 2X the Samsung OEM, but it looks like it's more than twice as thick. I could deal with a bit of a bigger battery, say, expand the case to the point that the bottom hump is gone. I would think they could make at least a 2200mAh battery of that size.

^Fs

Jul 19, 2010
New York City
www.flickr.com
Oh god, my eyes!

Seriously, that thing is HUGE. What kills me is that the battery is 2X the Samsung OEM, but it looks like it's more than twice as thick. I could deal with a bit of a bigger battery, say, expand the case to the point that the bottom hump is gone. I would think they could make at least a 2200mAh battery of that size.

The Fascinate's 2200mAh battery from the Samsung fits in the Vibrant. They just need to make a fitting back cover for the vibrant that will be compatible with it. :D

dablackanarch

Jan 25, 2010
I just ordered the 3000 mAh battery from AccessoryGeeks. It looks like the same type as the one that you guys bought on Ebay. I hope to get it by the end of the week and I'll give you guys an update on how it works.

Edit: Still haven't received the battery...it shipped fast, even though it was back ordered a day or so. But ****in' USPS sucks gigantic donkey balls! Haven't seen any updates on the tracking since the 7th.

Last edited: