[TOOL] WP7 Easy Backup Tool (BETA)

Search This thread

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
Hello XDA-Community,

I am back with a new tool for Windows Phone 7 (<3).

The WP7 Easy Backup Tool allows WP7 users to create or restore a backup on the easy way and without hacking skills. The tools wraps the Windows Phone Support Tools to create or restore updates, that means backups are 100% Zune compatible.

This software is still in development, but there is already an stable version.
I've tested with my HD7 and HD2 (depends on the ROM), more test devices would be nice.

This tool requires .NET 3.5, Zune 4.8.2345.0 and Windows Phone Support Tools

WP7EB_5.png

Successful tested on:
  • HTC HD7 (original HTC ROM)
  • HTC HD2 (Back to the Future ROM, xmb Rom 7740.16)
  • HTC 7 Mozart
  • HTC Arrive
  • HTC Titan
  • Samsung i917
  • Dell Venue Pro
  • Samsung Omnia 7 (I8700)
  • Nokia Lumia 800
  • Samsung Focus S

WARNING: The Tool didn't cares about previous backups! Please save your backups as first step.
Your backup should be stored here: "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"

WARNING #2: THE BACKUP PROCESS COULD LEAD TO A FAILURE ON CUSTOM ROMS! ZUNE AND ZUNE UPDATES NEED TO BE SUPPORTED BY YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

HINT: The backup process could take up to 1h depending on your device.

IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL. (Sorry rubbish ;()

Use this software at your own risk :)

Please give me feedback on bugs or feature requests.

You found a bug? Okay, I need a description, device informations and your Zune version to kill that thing :)

DOWNLOAD

If you get the message: "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the Microsoft Knowledge Base to get fix?" follow this instructions! Otherwise you can download the Windows Phone Support Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40

Last edited:

crubbish

Mar 15, 2006
Moscow
Thanks for the app although it seems to not be ready for prime time yet :)
I've tried to backup and it seemed to show progress while phone (having rebooted itself) was showin 'do not disconnect' graphics. After the progress bar has reached 100% the phone was still at 'do not disconnect' stage so I've waited 10 minutes and unplugged it. It was still showing the same graphics. So I rebooted few times to only see the same 'do not disconnect' thing. So (being a bit worried at this stage) I've pressed factory reset buttons combination (worked) then exited it and only then phone booted normally. I have Focus with 7720 firmware.

Reactions: MarcHoover

xfernand

Aug 22, 2010
Miami, FL
Thanks for the app although it seems to not be ready for prime time yet :)
I've tried to backup and it seemed to show progress while phone (having rebooted itself) was showin 'do not disconnect' graphics. After the progress bar has reached 100% the phone was still at 'do not disconnect' stage so I've waited 10 minutes and unplugged it. It was still showing the same graphics. So I rebooted few times to only see the same 'do not disconnect' thing. So (being a bit worried at this stage) I've pressed factory reset buttons combination (worked) then exited it and only then phone booted normally. I have Focus with 7720 firmware.

Same thing. Had to pull batt out to get it to restart...

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
Update:
+ Bugfix: Progressbar, no 100%-flapping before the process starts.
+ Text added: "IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL."
+ Buttons now locked instant after clicking "Backup" or "Restore". (Could lead to multiple backup / restore processes)

Please Re-Download if you want the update.

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
So this does a FULL backup? Will keep interop unlock, etc? Because my current backup/restore setup is really inconvenient. Would be great if this works .

Sent from my mwp6985 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

MattGarner

Apr 26, 2010
Tried it with an HTC 7 Mozart, also restored and noticed that if you go into your messages and try sending a message to someone. The message does then not come up in the history. If you also get a message from someone, it doesn't save either. So it's like you have had no messages what-so-ever.

If that makes sense? Not sure if that is a problem with this tool.

Edit: I removed the battery, put it back in and booted it back up. Corrected the date and time and seems to be working again!

Last edited:

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
Tried it with an HTC 7 Mozart, also restored and noticed that if you go into your messages and try sending a message to someone. The message does then not come up in the history. If you also get a message from someone, it doesn't save either. So it's like you have had no messages what-so-ever.

If that makes sense? Not sure if that is a problem with this tool.

Edit: I removed the battery, put it back in and booted it back up. Corrected the date and time and seems to be working again!

Yepp, if you restore a backup your time will also be "restored". You have to correct it by yourself. :)

Last edited:

ECKcornelis

Jun 15, 2008
Backup doesn't work on HTC Titan X310e

There was a restriction in the data flow.
There was a one way arrow with a red cross above the drawing of the usb cable.

Selkmann

Nov 4, 2008
HTC HD7 Mozart DF Rom V3

After Backup phone not restart stock on boot screen after 5 min. i have diconect and battery remove and the phone is not running up to os i must install the rom new and i want to take the restore but restore doesnt want to work:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA-Community,

I am back with a new tool for Windows Phone 7 (<3).

The WP7 Easy Backup Tool allows WP7 users to create or restore a backup on the easy way and without hacking skills. The tools wraps the Windows Phone Support Tools to create or restore updates, that means backups are 100% Zune compatible.

This software is still in development, but there is already an stable version.
    I've tested with my HD7 and HD2 (depends on the ROM), more test devices would be nice.

This tool requires .NET 3.5, Zune 4.8.2345.0 and Windows Phone Support Tools

WP7EB_5.png

Successful tested on:
    • HTC HD7 (original HTC ROM)
    • HTC HD2 (Back to the Future ROM, xmb Rom 7740.16)
    • HTC 7 Mozart
    • HTC Arrive
    • HTC Titan
    • Samsung i917
    • Dell Venue Pro
    • Samsung Omnia 7 (I8700)
    • Nokia Lumia 800
    • Samsung Focus S

WARNING: The Tool didn't cares about previous backups! Please save your backups as first step.
    Your backup should be stored here: "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"

WARNING #2: THE BACKUP PROCESS COULD LEAD TO A FAILURE ON CUSTOM ROMS! ZUNE AND ZUNE UPDATES NEED TO BE SUPPORTED BY YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

HINT: The backup process could take up to 1h depending on your device.

IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL. (Sorry rubbish ;()

Use this software at your own risk :)

Please give me feedback on bugs or feature requests.

You found a bug? Okay, I need a description, device informations and your Zune version to kill that thing :)

DOWNLOAD

If you get the message: "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the Microsoft Knowledge Base to get fix?" follow this instructions! Otherwise you can download the Windows Phone Support Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40
    This Tool does full backup how Zune?

Looks nice and simple!
    BTW, people who are asking about restoring to different phones: This is just a way to force a Zune-style backup at any time. These backups, really more properly called Restore Points, are specific to the device they are made from and won't even work on another device of the same model - it must be the same piece of hardware.

Well, unless the OP has done way more magic than I see. Great and useful app, but not (AFAIK) so completely groundbreaking as to get around the restore point per-device encryption.
    notice the bold part
    Yes, sir :D

what ROM were u using on HD2?

Back to the Future - Updateable ROM by Yuki / XBMod