[Q] Root Xperia Neo MT15i, Version 4.0.4, Build 4.1.B.O.587

Search This thread

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
So i still cant get my phone rooted.

I have searches all over this forum and find many threads. I have tried many of them and nothing works. For normal people like me mutch of the words and explanations developers give are to complex to understand. I hardly know what a bootloader is, or a cmw file. And even a harder time finding out where and whitch files to download.

Is there not anybody out there who can give a step by step walktrough with links to what to download and how to use it for my kind of version.

I just want to root my darn phone to let Cyanogenmod take it over and make it happy again:) Any Mod suggestion would be great to.

Ps: i easly rooted and use Cyanogenmod 10 on my Galaxy Tab 2 so i'm not totally retarded :)

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
You rooted a galaxy but dont know what cmw is?

Anyway, all instructions are found in the sticky threads. More especially, read the second sticky thread in that section. All instructions ahve been given in exact detail there...

If you are usnsure what the words mean I suggest you read up on them as if you dont know what to do you can damage your phone.

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
As i said i'm kina a noob. And instead of just confusing me more why don't you or anybody else just try to link me to a guide that works.. As i said i have tried many of the guides in sticky treads and some links there are dead and others dont work.

I have updated to latest ICS and heard that i should be carefull so i dont brick my phon..as the reason i try to get help here. I found a easy guide for my tab where there was a walktrough wit links to the software i needed to downmload and use. And that is what i need here too.

So instead of complaining about how unknowledge i am cant i just get some help instead??? :)

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
If you would tell us what you tried and where you stuck, maybe someone could help you.
Sticky thread in general section have valid links, as far as I know.

nomail_forme

Sep 4, 2012
Hyderabad
ivmntc autumn

Y dont u unlock bootloader or install CWM and get CM9 or CM10 installed instead of rooting and then flashing CM?

By the way CWM helps u to easily flash ROMS and take nandroid backups and restore them.

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
So i can Just unlock bootloader and use av rom without rotting at all? This would be great because i only wanted to root it to use rom's on it.

Feel like a kid with a new toy now. Gona run home and try it asap :)

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Some ROM's(like CM,AOKP,AOSP...) require custom kernel.
Some ROM's(mostly, stock based) can work on locked bootloader.

Most(99%) of ROM's are already prerooted.

To install any custom rom, you need CWM, to get CWM you ether need to have root and after that install CWM, or you can flash custom kernel with (in 99% of them) already included CWM.

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
So for us mortals the problem is still on. Tried to open the bootloader with sony's own tool, but when i turn of my phone and connect usb to get to bootloader it does not findt any drivers.. Even though i downloaded it.

I just want C-mod 10 on my phone and that's it. So how do i flash the custom kernel when i ned cmw to even get it rooted? Sorry but i guess i'm a big noob at this. :)

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
I'm on Windows 7. Acording to the tutorials i found when i plug my phone to usb there should come up a message that says "could not install drivers, and from there i can find them manually.. But no such message comes up and there is nothing in device manager either.

I'm totally lost here. Have tried to root my phone before so maby some old drivers are the reason for this?

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
I'm on Windows 7. Acording to the tutorials i found when i plug my phone to usb there should come up a message that says "could not install drivers, and from there i can find them manually.. But no such message comes up and there is nothing in device manager either.

I'm totally lost here. Have tried to root my phone before so maby some old drivers are the reason for this?

Last edited:

ricco7

Oct 10, 2012
Just install custom rom using cwm and dont forget to backup first your current rom using cwm. Later if got any problem and u can just restore it back. ;)

Sent from my MT25i using xda app-developers app

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
Just install custom rom using cwm and dont forget to backup first your current rom using cwm. Later if got any problem and u can just restore it back. ;)

Sent from my MT25i using xda app-developers app

That was my plan too as i have done the same on my tab. Place cwm and rom on phone and then boot in recoverymode to install rom.. But for some reason my phone wont go in any kind of boot mode.. Tried all the buttons and nothing works.. Any ideas?