Network Unlock your ATT SGS3 for free (howto)

Search This thread

yulet

Dec 10, 2011
After the update it worked on TELUS, too!
Tried with a Wind Mobile sim card.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

REEFERKIEF

Dec 2, 2011
Bell Canada GS3 Jelly Bean Unlocked

This method worked on my GS3 SGH-I747M Bell Mobility Canada Running Stock Jelly bean that was released yesterday. I tried before on LH1 ice cream sandwich but the last menu option was not there.

dillis

Mar 14, 2011
Toronto
I just saw this on Reddit and tried it on my ATT SGS3. I used an old StarHub SIM I had laying around and it didn't ask for the unlock code, so I'm pretty sure it worked.

The instructions are for the GSM Note 2, but the author says it works for the GSM SGS3, too.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

I think you have to be on a stock ROM to get it to work. I was running UCALH9, bone stock. Don't forget to thank the OP on the other thread!

thanks so much worked for me!:p

Voicebox

Sep 5, 2010
Running the rooted stock new AT&T Jellybean and it seems to have worked for me. But does anyone know the code to check carrier lock status for sure? I've tried the code that is probably for ICS or maybe the I9300 and it didn't work. I tried *#7465625# .

Before I did the procedure I got an error with an old foreign sim. Said something about a lock. Afterwards, it gave no error with that sim except that the account wasn't registered. The APNs were now for that carrier and not AT&T. Tried a second foreign sim from a different provider that is active and in the upper left corner it showed Tmobile and the provider, which is right as that provider uses Tmobile as the roaming partner in my area. The APN was showing for that provider, so both times it changed the APN and no longer showed the AT&T APN.

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city
Running the rooted stock new AT&T Jellybean and it seems to have worked for me. But does anyone know the code to check carrier lock status for sure? I've tried the code that is probably for ICS or maybe the I9300 and it didn't work. I tried *#7465625# .

+1

That code *#7465625# used to work on Sammy roms on my good ol' GS1 (i9000), but it doesn't seem to work on the GS3.

There's gotta be a code to see the network lock status...

Savok

Jul 15, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Bought mine in July and called AT&T 2 weeks later and told them I was going abroad and needed the unlock key. Gave them my IEMI and got the code. Stuck in a T-Mobile SIM card and unlocked.

Always try to call first, you maybe surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7

JohnM109R

Apr 20, 2010
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Bought mine in July and called AT&T 2 weeks later and told them I was going abroad and needed the unlock key. Gave them my IEMI and got the code. Stuck in a T-Mobile SIM card and unlocked.

Always try to call first, you maybe surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Not if your your on the the Canadian side I tried Believe me...

And this procedure worked for me to once it was done there is no confirmation...you just need another sim from another Provider which I had
and it worked no Problem at all

so +1

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
FWIW, after following the steps if you do it again when you get to this point
" [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds,"
You will get a screen saying no change. This would mean that it worked the first time and your phone is already unlocked. I've done 5 S3's and checked with different SIM cards and it worked every time, 3 of those I went back and tried the steps a second time and all three gave me the no change message. Sort if a confirmation that it worked if you don't have another SIM to try.
3 Bell S3s, 2 Telus S3s and tried on my S3 but got the no change right away as it was already unlocked when I bought it.

Last edited:

KennyWRX

Mar 27, 2011
ageomo Principles

Seems like it worked on my ATT GS3 Stock JB 4.1.1.

PERSO SHA256 Info shows SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG as being disabled [0]. Have yet to try with a non ATT sim.

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
Confirmed unlock on a Telus S3 after updating to 4.1.1. It didn't work before the update.

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
simple: just call ATT, tell em ur goin to Europe, and how "I understand ATT usually unlocks for customers who go overseas." IDK if they only really do it for longtime customers, but its easier and cheaper than the other ways

Ray_Lebron

Nov 18, 2012
Maunabo
It did work for my fg's T999 <TMo Galaxy S3) flawlessly. Thank you very much friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just saw this on Reddit and tried it on my ATT SGS3. I used an old StarHub SIM I had laying around and it didn't ask for the unlock code, so I'm pretty sure it worked.

The instructions are for the GSM Note 2, but the author says it works for the GSM SGS3, too.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

I think you have to be on a stock ROM to get it to work. I was running UCALH9, bone stock. Don't forget to thank the OP on the other thread!
    FWIW, after following the steps if you do it again when you get to this point
    " [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds,"
    You will get a screen saying no change. This would mean that it worked the first time and your phone is already unlocked. I've done 5 S3's and checked with different SIM cards and it worked every time, 3 of those I went back and tried the steps a second time and all three gave me the no change message. Sort if a confirmation that it worked if you don't have another SIM to try.
    3 Bell S3s, 2 Telus S3s and tried on my S3 but got the no change right away as it was already unlocked when I bought it.
    FYI:

Now you can get an unlock code from AT&T for free even if you're not a customer. As long as your phone meets the unlock eligibility requirements, they'll send you a code to unlock.

Proof? I am not an AT&T customer, and have an unused i747 that I wanted to unlock. I filled out their request form on Friday, and just received my code 30 minutes ago! And voila, my i747 is now unlocked.

Info: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...u-sim-unlock-your-phone-heres-the-fine-print/

Here's the AT&T page:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Enjoy!
    This method for unlocking your phone works perfectly after Jelly Bean update on Rogers sgs3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M
    just tried it everything seems the same any way to tell without putting in another sim?

I don't know. Since the SIM I had laying around was not a mini-SIM I had to chop it up, too. O_O

In theory you don't ever see the unlock prompt unless you insert a non-network SIM anyway, so I don't think there's any way to check without one.