[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

Search This thread

sa3e1

Jan 18, 2010
Budapest
I flashed TWRP via zip, and both stable and custom recovery brings me to TWRP... Just checked this, because I would like to make a backup, but I couldn't make a properly working backup in TWRP.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I flashed TWRP via zip, and both stable and custom recovery brings me to TWRP... Just checked this, because I would like to make a backup, but I couldn't make a properly working backup in TWRP.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

look at this

here it's a update file made by @nepotu ,wich contains bootmenu 1.1.8 , TWRP 2.1.0 , multiboot 0.5.3 and CWM 5.0.6
http://db.tt/o0kNpJMv

that might be help u

Defy mit Android 4.0.4 CM9 RockZ

Last edited:
Reactions: sa3e1

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
Oops... help needed!

I installed TWRP in a stock ROM recovery, now I can't access any recovery. I'm desperate to get back to ICS, do I have to start from scratch or is there a way in install recovery, without being able to access recovery. I can still access the stock recovery.

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Oops... help needed!

I installed TWRP in a stock ROM recovery, now I can't access any recovery. I'm desperate to get back to ICS, do I have to start from scratch or is there a way in install recovery, without being able to access recovery. I can still access the stock recovery.

u can push the files from the zip in my post above with adb shell, not the easy way, but it works.

don't know the right commands, just google adb commands. or some other help u out

Reactions: ktmbikerman

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
adb push /system/bootmenu/ /your path of the zip content

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

Thanks... I really should have done this... ended up flashing, rooting and installing 2ndinit on froyo twice the restoring WIUI which was the only cwm backup I had. I have 2 ICS backups made with TWRP.

I must admit I'm a bit nervous to install TWRP again on the WIUI recovery, as the last time it just deleted the cwm recovery completely.

I guess I should do a wipe and install an ICS zip, the install TWRP, then restore my ICS backup...

...or I could just push the files with adb

Last edited:

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Any idea how to do it ,but on ROM which natively had TWRP and I want to have standard CM9 recovery since I don't belive that it do backups properly in 5 sec. :confused:

look at my post above, the zip can help u it's the all in one pack with the CWM, think it's the easiest way to get CWM back to work. and yes TWPR is still buggy no recovery back all data up in 5 seconds....

joydeep1985

Jun 19, 2011
Bangalore
The recovery is really good apart from some issues

1. I tried to flash bm_cwm_mb_v0.5 which contains CWM v5.0.x , It couldnt revert to old cwm only .

2. Issues in backups are knows . CWM backups arent compatiable yet with TWRP backups . I couldnt restore it .

3. It was said that i can access custom recovery although it rewrites stable recovery . But i got an error while i tried flash through Custom recovery . Gave an error : /system cannot be mounted . however the same thing which being curious I tried to flash throug TWRP it flashed alright .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20120406_195041.jpg
    2012-04-23_21-12-49_839.jpg

Yes, that's right, TWRP 2.1.0 is out RIGHT NOW! Hit the links below for a list of changes or install it via the GooManager app!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Or get the signed zip attached here for the defy

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

---

installs, backup and restore tested, compatible cm7 and ics (and with my rom updater tool too) without any tweak.

Defy Page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91

Sources are published here and here

To compile it yourself : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/
    a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf
    I wonder if this will be added to cm7 nightlies... cause with each update the cwmr comes back...

no, cm is a whole system... but this new recovery could be included some day, now its fully opensource...

actually required libs are built from an old aosp gingerbread, and use an old patched busybox for tar/gz archives... that should be fixed before it can be in cm repo...
    How to update bootmenu ?

here it's a update file made by @nepotu ,wich contains bootmenu 1.1.8 , TWRP 2.1.0 , multiboot 0.5.3 and CWM 5.0.6
    http://db.tt/o0kNpJMv

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
    i don't know what new features TWRP has except the beautiful GUI...
    if there's no other features, i can't see a good point to do this. We don't use the recovery very often.
    but thanks for your efforts for porting cm7&cm9 any way.

I'm using recovery very often and a touch-ui is really good to protect physical buttons. :)