Switchroot Android - How to mount FAT32 partition in Android (Easy)

Search This thread

luxmen

Jun 10, 2007
Paris
Hello,

I've finaly find a way to mount "hos_data" FAT32 partition into Android, usable with all android apps (after 1 week :D)

You need Root (Magisk), enable "Global Namespace" in Magisk Manager.

After that i use Tasker to mount at startup :

All you need, is to create "Profile" into Tasker, and theses tasks :

nRicGm2.jpg

UXdLKfk.jpg

You can now share your Roms/Thumbails between Horizon / Android

I hope it can help some peoples ... If people have better solution, without Tasker, please share

Bye

Last edited:

techjunky90

Jun 1, 2016
This has 0 instructions, and isnt self explanitory because because its not even in english like the poat itself is.

You're an idiot. 0 instructions? Really? Instructions are clearly there. Isn't self explanatory, really? 100% self explanatory. Not in English? Can you not read? Everything needed to make this work is written in English. Because because poat blah blah, go learn some English.

Reactions: Minth

Toby._.000

Oct 28, 2019
thx , and n1 job. and i have found a way to switch the sdcard without turning off.
its tricky , and you must be fast. because when you reboot to hekate when the firat time blackscreens apear, ,, screen turns off ,, in that moment you have to put out the sd card and put in the other one. , but the touchlayout is missing , then you can load any payload with out any dongle or something else.

BlUeChAoTiC

Mar 1, 2016
I followed everything checked it 4 times and it still doesn't show up the only diffrence is I couldn't find device start so I put it as device boot

luxmen

Jun 10, 2007
Paris
Have you activate "Global Namespace" in Magisk, your Android is rooted ?
Try to install "Termux" or other terminal emulator, and try to enter same commands manually first.
Go to Magisk, look if Tasker root is actived.
For me these command work fine. It can depend of your SDCard, for me it's mmcblk0 and p1 for partition 1 = mmcblk0p1

Last edited:

keriam

Oct 9, 2008
Hello i finally found tasker and begin this tutotrial but i have an issue at the task 2 "mkdir /mnt/switch-sd" when i launch the task tester in tasker.

IMG-20200507-113852.jpg

I confirmed Root & Global Namespace are activated.

IMG-20200507-113831.jpg

IMG-20200507-113805.jpg

Any idea ?

Reactions: LeyendaV

Karcus

Mar 31, 2010
For those that don't want to pay for/use Tasker, you can run a script in Terminal instead.

Creating a script file in Android OS:
In X-plore (or use what ever file manger you want), go to Internal shared storage "/sdcard". Make sure you are on the root of the sdcard.
In the middle option pane touch "New text file" and a file namer will pop up. Save name as "switchsd.sh" (without the quotations).
Enter the following:

#!/system/bin/sh
mkdir /mnt/switch_sd
chmod 777 /mnt/switch_sd
mount -o bind /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/switch_sd
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/switch_sd
echo "Fat32 mounted"

Hit save in the upper right and exit app. (This will be the script file)

Go to the built in LineageOS Terminal emulator and type the following commands.

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cp sdcard/switchsd.sh /system/bin/switchsd
chmod 555 /system/bin/switchsd

This moves the file to your system/bins folder so you can easily run the script without entering a path.

Now in Terminal emulator run the script by typing, "su" to change user. Then type "switchsd" to run the script, wait a sec and it should now say "Fat32 mounted".
Walla! Enjoy. Do this every time you boot into Android.

Credit:
https://www.pctips4u.com/2016/03/writing-shell-scripts-in-android.html

S.Mayer

Oct 10, 2011
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 5
It sounds great but i didn't find any LineageOS Terminal emulator in SwitchRoot :(

LineageOS by default does not enable the Terminal app.

If you haven't already, enable developer options.

Then, if you go into the Settings app and search for 'terminal', there will be a "Local terminal" option which says "Enable terminal app that offers local shell access".

However, by many accounts the built-in terminal app is awful, so you may prefer to use another terminal app from the Play Store. (I use this one, but Termux looks like a more popular option lately.)

evil_santa

Jan 14, 2020
Inside my emmc 😜
Hello and thank you for the helpful information.
I found a solution to automatically mount the partition on startup. I use the App App2SdPro. Whit this app you can start a Script as su on boot. Works great for me and the App is free.

-Rye-

Dec 30, 2012
Personally I just let XPosedEdge run this script on each keyguard unlock.

init.d might also work.

Great job on this finding!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I've finaly find a way to mount "hos_data" FAT32 partition into Android, usable with all android apps (after 1 week :D)

You need Root (Magisk), enable "Global Namespace" in Magisk Manager.

After that i use Tasker to mount at startup :

All you need, is to create "Profile" into Tasker, and theses tasks :

nRicGm2.jpg

UXdLKfk.jpg

You can now share your Roms/Thumbails between Horizon / Android

I hope it can help some peoples ... If people have better solution, without Tasker, please share

Bye
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you're rooted, isn't the SD already accessible from /mnt/vendor/factory ?
    This doesnt help

This has 0 instructions, and isnt self explanitory because because its not even in english like the poat itself is.

You're an idiot. 0 instructions? Really? Instructions are clearly there. Isn't self explanatory, really? 100% self explanatory. Not in English? Can you not read? Everything needed to make this work is written in English. Because because poat blah blah, go learn some English.
    Hello i finally found tasker and begin this tutotrial but i have an issue at the task 2 "mkdir /mnt/switch-sd" when i launch the task tester in tasker.

IMG-20200507-113852.jpg

I confirmed Root & Global Namespace are activated.

IMG-20200507-113831.jpg

IMG-20200507-113805.jpg

Any idea ?