Android 2.1 Confirmed

Search This thread

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
The user-agent screenshot that has been used to tout the existence of the Google Nexus used has also revealed something about the HTC Tattoo:

google-nexus-one-phone.jpg

Look below the highlighted line. Interestingly enough, it's running the Norwegian language. That's right, Android 2.1 for the HTC Tattoo is now all but confirmed. We just have to wait now.

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
I can also confirm the existence of 2.1 en-us HTC Tattoo in my own server logs:

2.1.png

aero9

Mar 29, 2008
when will the new 2.1 rom be out and where?

where will the new rom be out? will it be officially from htc? or can we expect to see something on here.

btw, kinda off topic, but has anyone been able to root the tattoo?

MiSSigNNo

Feb 7, 2006
Madrid
4p.marketing
Probably until mids february, that htc releases an android 2.1 device and can port the rom for their other devices more "easily". still there is not much tattoo development yet in the community and cyanogen is centered in the first g1 phones.

aero9

Mar 29, 2008
yeah, im surprised at how small the tattoo community is. which is a shame becuase its a good phone.

z3ntn3l

Oct 3, 2008
So, its mid-february and there are no new informations about this.

At the Press Conference at MWC, HTC confirmed updates for "older" Devices but only mentioned the Hero and no other Device...

My guess: There will be no 2.1 for the Tattoo.

moggyx

Dec 30, 2009
Yeh,
I'm a bit bummed about it. You see the twitter feed for HTC mentioning the Eris, Hero, etc all getting updates..... just not our Tattoo though, which really sucks considering it has the same processor as the Hero. Maybe it is just the resistive screen that is the reason they are not doing it?

jporch316

May 26, 2007
I thought the 2.1 was more or less confirmed on the tattoo (a la first post in this thread???)

mobisat

Feb 7, 2009
I have just phoned HTC technical about the 2.1 upgrade and their reply was they are working hard on getting the touchflo part working for the Hero phone for release in the near future but for the Tattoo there has been no announcement so they cannot confirm or deny that it will be available for the Tattoo :(