G-NetSpeed - speedtest for UMTS/GSM network

Search This thread

gyokov

Jun 23, 2007
www.gyokovsolutions.com
The application tests the UMTS/GSM network speed. It also shows the serving CELLID of the network. You can choose between several URL or input your own URL. It's better to put the URL of files >5MB. It allows greater speed to be achieved.

In version 2.0 several bugs are fixed and interface changed a bit

Last edited:

the show stopper

Jan 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
downloading and will let you know about the results :D

server - dl.google.com/earth....

max speed - 3369kbps

avg speed - 1373 kbps

volume - 1676 kb

Server - microsoft

max speed - 2948 kbps

avg speed - 2013 kbps

volume - 2458 kb

server - yahoo

maxspeed - 1107 kbps

avg speed - 767 kbps

volume - 936 kb

server - google

max speed - 597 kbps

avg speed - 576 kbps

volume - 208 kb

Last edited:

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
hi. thanx for app.

one sugestion.
option to select kbps kBps mbit/ps and so on :)

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Now we can trully know how crappy our cell networks really are!!! YAY!!! :D

On another note... THANKS FOR THE APP MAN!!!

mrjazz

Apr 7, 2010
HTC HD2 Stock ROM 3.14
interesting

with my phone flat on a table i can take three readings which have no consistancy
one minute 64k then 588k then 339k one after another. The number of signal bars remains the same. Interesting?

phatestcat

Mar 23, 2010
San Antonio
Tried this on my HTC TP2 and it would not run properly. The app starts, but none of the on-screen buttons work, only the 'X' to close the app. Slowed down my phone even after closing and had to soft-reset.

gyokov

Jun 23, 2007
www.gyokovsolutions.com
Varying speed

It all depends on network load at the moment. If there are many users downloading from the cell then the speed will be slower. Also it depends on radio conditions which vary even when the phone is not moved around. Also if you want to achieve greater speed use the microsoft or google files - 3 and 4 in the drop down list or input your own URL to such files. They are bigger and allow greater speed to be achieved. In the beginning of the download there is "slow start" where the speed is low and after few seconds maximum speed is achieved. But bear in mind that in radio the things are very dynamic and so is the download speed

with my phone flat on a table i can take three readings which have no consistancy
one minute 64k then 588k then 339k one after another. The number of signal bars remains the same. Interesting?

Nashatnaser

Oct 19, 2017
Dear All:

we have used iphone 5 s for drive test , and suddenly its disconnect when start moving.

appreciated you help