[Q] Returning to stock for warranty repair

Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I have installed the one you recommended and am getting the same page.

It shows a generic looking HTC One with two green arrows in a circular formation around a Green block in the middle. It then changes that icon to a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside. Once I press Vol+ + Power (or VOL- + Power, I must admit it seems a different combo each time) I get the options up but it does say that my SD card could not be mounted? It attempts to for around 7 tries and then advises it could not be mounted?

"generic looking HTC One with two green arrows..." -> that's stock recovery.

so boot up your rom, setup only WiFi, check for System Updates (somewhere in settings) then download and install the OTA.

Reactions: Jimzoaar

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
"generic looking HTC One with two green arrows..." -> that's stock recovery.

so boot up your rom, setup only WiFi, check for System Updates (somewhere in settings) then download and install the OTA.

Escellent, thank you!!!

I am now on Software Numb: 2.24.771.3 Android Ver: 4.2.2

Can I now do a factory reset, and run the command for SOn?

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
yep :laugh:

go for it :good:

dont forget to wipe all data (at the bottom of the erase)

Excellent................much to your relief I am sure, it is all done! I am now on 4.3 stock, S-On, untampered, locked.]

Thank you very much again for your help, you really have given me a fantastic opinion of XDA.

Many thanks again, have a good weekend.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Excellent................much to your relief I am sure, it is all done! I am now on 4.3 stock, S-On, untampered, locked.]

Thank you very much again for your help, you really have given me a fantastic opinion of XDA.

Many thanks again, have a good weekend.

:good::good::laugh:

sure no problem, here's what you can do in return if you like (for me & the community):

1- edit the main thread title to include [SOLVED]

2- hit the thanks button on a few of my posts (I do believe I was helpful ;) ) including the first post of my guide :D

3- post a quick reply in my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 that gives a short summary (including your MID & CID) of how you got everything back to stock; anything you may find relevant for other users in your situation would find helpful

have a good weekend too

Reactions: Jimzoaar

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013

sure no problem, here's what you can do in return if you like (for me & the community):

2- hit the thanks button on a few of my posts (I do believe I was helpful ;) ) including the first post of my guide :D

3- post a quick reply in my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 that gives a short summary (including your MID & CID) of how you got everything back to stock; anything you may find relevant for other users in your situation would find helpful

have a good weekend too

So as you can tell I have been unable to access the internet for a while.

I did one final check to see before the courier arrived to pick up the phone for repair and when I enter the bootloader it still says tampered? if im honest im not sure i've seen it say tampered before anyway?

Any idea buddy?

Also, I cannot find that bloody thanks button! Where is it located on a comment?

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013

have a good weekend too

I have exactly 2 hours till this is to be picked up, is changing this possible in that time?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I have exactly 2 hours till this is to be picked up, is changing this possible in that time?

did you go s-off to s-on on Android 4.3? you need to do that before 4.3 (ie you need to be on hboot 1.44 or 1.54)

2 hours is going to be a bit close, cause you need to S-Off again, and start the procedure from the beginning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where can I check this? I am patient and will gladly check at multiple steps to ensure I am doing it at the correct one.

Also, I will be using the CWM nandroid method, can you confirm you mean after step one when I have installed the Sense 5 RUU?

see, you will be able to check this only once ur RUU restore is complete. Once u can boot into the stock firmware, go to Settings-About-Software Information-Software Number.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

nkk71, i would appreciate your help as well if you could help me to identify which RUU to download because I am really confused with so many versions of RUU. I would like to go back to stock to claim warranty on the camera's purple tint issue. BTW, im running on TWRP recovery.

Thank you in advance.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 3.63.707.3
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    (bootloader) serialno: FA35WW911268
    (bootloader) imei: 355859050240456
    (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
    (bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4142mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: on
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ea0bccbd
    (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

go to this link http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-30-1131-05_release_309365_signed_2_4-exe/
    You really do make me feel stupid!!! Hahaha

I am currently installing GURU and running through the removing tampered and locking bootloader, only it has been on 0% for the past 10 mins, is this normal? Or should I look to restart?

It's stuck (happens a lot), it only takes about 2 seconds.

Reboot and try again

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    It wont let me reboot at the minute, I can get the soft buttons to flash but no matter how long I hold the Power/Vol- button It will not turn off, what is the best way?

you could try "adb reboot bootloader", but buttons should work fine, POWER + VOLDOWN (under a bright light), upon reboot let go of POWER but keep holding VOLDOWN to get back to bootloader, and "fastboot boot CWM.img"
    Ecellent, VOL+ + Power did it for me, thank you.

I know I can just follow the guide, but I feel I am very nearly there and dont want to fall at the last hurdle...I am okay to boot and do the 1st (and 1st only) OTA now aren't i?

you on stock recovery? if yes, then go for 1st OTA
    otherwise flash stock recovery, then go for 1st OTA

be patient during the OTA, it will take some time, and it may hang (somewhere between 25% to 50%) in stock recovery, where you will have to manually reboot (but be patient to make sure it actually hang, not just progressing very slowly)
    Okay thanks, I think I have the wrong recovery as it is loading something very peculiar.

Can you confirm which one it would be from the link provided for a UK 3 device?

http://d-h.st/users/Guich/Stock Recovery

I used recovery 2.24.771.3 - TRE.img

what do you mean by "as it is loading something very peculiar"?

maybe you'll need a 1.xx version, possibly this: http://d-h.st/uGM
    make sure MD5 is correct on the download.