[GUIDE] Turn your SHW-M250S/K into a GT-I9100

Search This thread

MemoryController

Dec 21, 2011
Thessaloniki
Warning: You will lose the ability to watch DMB-T TV.

There are 2 ways to do that:
1. Flash a fw tarball via Odin
2. Use heimdall to flash the new fw

Now you have 2 options:
1. Repartition to I9100 partition layout
2. Keep your existing partition layout

If you plan to flash again soon a Korean rom, I suggest you go with 2, otherwise 1.

If you choose 2 the steps are really simple:

1. Make an efs backup
2. Repeat 1
3. Reboot into Download mode
4. Fire up Odin or heimdall and flash the fw as pda
5. When it fails during factoryfs flash simply remove the battery and reboot again into download mode
6. Flash the kernel now only
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy

If you choose option 1(which I think is the best) you will first have to uninstall Kies.

1. Reboot into download mode
2. Using heimdall go to utilities tab and where it says "download pit file" select a location to save it (i name it M250S.pit) and download it to your pc(not mac, we hate macs)
3. Reboot into download mode again.
4. Now using either Odin or heimdall flash the fw and select as pit the I9100 ext4 pit from 26 October 2011(on mobile currently so can't post the exact name)
In Odin tick also Repartition.
5. The flash will succeed with no errors whatsoever
6. Keep the M250S.pit in a safe.

If you want to go back to Korean simply repeat and substitute I9100.pit with M250S.pit

Done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

ctos

Jun 2, 2009
Beijing
good post, thanks for sharing.

I owned a M250K and flash it to I9100 for a long time, I didn't repartition and didn't see any inconvenience with it. So could you tell me why you suggest repartition?

Another thing missing is M250S/K has NFC chip inside, flash to I9100 generally lose this capacity, but thanks to XDA guys, currently you can readd this feature in I9100, please refer to below link,

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24439878&postcount=102

Reactions: MemoryController

MemoryController

Dec 21, 2011
Thessaloniki
Reason I recommend I9100 Repartition is that when you flash a fw it won't error and will apply csc correctly and flash hidden partition. If you choose this way you can even receive ota and update via Kies to latest I9100 fw. Thanks for the nfc link, forgot about it even though I use it :p

Reactions: ernestyung

ernestyung

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks...Do I need to root my m250 before flash into i9100?

Im going for your recommendation option 1

2. Using heimdall go to utilities tab and where it says "download pit file" select a location to save it (i name it M250S.pit) and download it to your pc(not mac, we hate macs) <--this step is for saving M250 partition for future use if flash back to Korean ROM?
4. Now using either Odin or heimdall flash the fw and select as pit the I9100 ext4 pit from 26 October 2011(on mobile currently so can't post the exact name)

darkzorn

Aug 7, 2011
nice guide!

can you please post the i9100 .pit file so that i won't download the wrong one?

also can i flash a custom rom .tar using odin directly coming from stock korean rom?

ernestyung

Feb 12, 2009
When process steps 2 to save m250s partition

Error display below :(

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

ernestyung

Feb 12, 2009
Following your steps with passing saving m250 partition succeed flash Hong Kong Rom :)

Very satisfied and thank you very much for your guide...you are the greatest

ernestyung

Feb 12, 2009
After turning into i9100...screen lock is not working....I cannot lock my phone by password or facelock...also Socialhub is not working...always force quit

but I'm satisfied with my phone apart from those.

robjg63

Hi - Sorry - dreaded noob here.
My brother in law has handed me a SHW-M250S phone that work here in my country - New Zealand - he bought it in Korea.

I saw this thread and it makes sense to 'convert' it to a GT-I9100 - at least some chance of it working I guess.
I have downloaded heimdall and installed the driver and downloaded the pit file.
So now all I need to do is get a heimdall firmware package for a galaxy S2 - right?

I have searched all over the internet and cant find any heimdall packages for an S2.

I tried a 'stock' I9100XWLP7_I9100XXLPS_I9100XEULP5_HOME.tar.md5 file from samsung-updates.com - thought that would be a place to start.

I chose the 'new' pit file that is mentioned in the this thread - I can detect the device withthe heimdall front end. The phone is def in download mode.

So if I chose the above file it unpacks it then complains it cant find the firmware.xml file.

So either I have to work out how to make my own package or find some already done. So I guess the question still is... Is theer a site I download packages for an S2 from?

Cheers

ryn888

Mar 29, 2011
Manila, PH
Big help from.memory.controller. Successfully changed.my shw to i9100 using odin. Using intratechs firmware lp8 ics.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: You will lose the ability to watch DMB-T TV.

There are 2 ways to do that:
    1. Flash a fw tarball via Odin
    2. Use heimdall to flash the new fw

Now you have 2 options:
    1. Repartition to I9100 partition layout
    2. Keep your existing partition layout

If you plan to flash again soon a Korean rom, I suggest you go with 2, otherwise 1.

If you choose 2 the steps are really simple:

1. Make an efs backup
    2. Repeat 1
    3. Reboot into Download mode
    4. Fire up Odin or heimdall and flash the fw as pda
    5. When it fails during factoryfs flash simply remove the battery and reboot again into download mode
    6. Flash the kernel now only
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy

If you choose option 1(which I think is the best) you will first have to uninstall Kies.

2. Using heimdall go to utilities tab and where it says "download pit file" select a location to save it (i name it M250S.pit) and download it to your pc(not mac, we hate macs)
    5. The flash will succeed with no errors whatsoever
    6. Keep the M250S.pit in a safe.

If you want to go back to Korean simply repeat and substitute I9100.pit with M250S.pit

Done.

Will post I9100 pit when on pc, currently on easter vacation :p

here u're,extract it before use
    good post, thanks for sharing.

I owned a M250K and flash it to I9100 for a long time, I didn't repartition and didn't see any inconvenience with it. So could you tell me why you suggest repartition?

Another thing missing is M250S/K has NFC chip inside, flash to I9100 generally lose this capacity, but thanks to XDA guys, currently you can readd this feature in I9100, please refer to below link,

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24439878&postcount=102
    Reason I recommend I9100 Repartition is that when you flash a fw it won't error and will apply csc correctly and flash hidden partition. If you choose this way you can even receive ota and update via Kies to latest I9100 fw. Thanks for the nfc link, forgot about it even though I use it :p

after changing the firmware form 250k to i9100, the gyro and compass sensors doesnt work well!

This is a known issue, and is something I personally want to solve.