[Bootloader Bypass] Kexec for Motorola RAZR by kholk & [mbm]

Search This thread

zeidof

Apr 5, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi 12
Because perhaps it seems that reboot and reboot again.:p

Question:
We(XT910S) have not sbf. So, i'm very careful.
Custom kernel is being applied when BP-Tool boot only?
is it possible back to original kernel? (Normal-boot)

thanks.

I didn't use bp tool myself, just reboot & used terminal emulator for adb commands

Sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

J.Y.Daddy

Jul 13, 2011
Seoul
jydaddy.co.cc
It's worked!
My RAZR is "65.3.106.XT910S.SKT.en.KR". (Original Stock Rom. Not an retail.)

I know that this is a teaser. I believe your good work. ;)
Also, Thanks for your work.

Attachments

• snap20120415_212637.jpg
    snap20120415_212637.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Shandry

May 14, 2009
Great work, kholk & [mbm]! Thank you.
What need to be changed to port this to other Motorola OMAP4 devices, such as Bionic?

onslaught86

Thank you, Kholk, and everyone else involved. Having a tinker at the moment, running surprisingly smoothly for a single core (When set to ondemand, at least). Can only get better from here.

So, who wants to try tweaking the display drivers to make the screen less yellow? ;)

yes but when you unlock the bootloader i think it disables WiiMax, so you lose 4G

That's only for the Photon, specifically due to the way Wiimax authentication works. Nothing to do with LTE or any other phone (with any other variety of '4G').

Sent from my Motorola Electrify

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Happy it worked for you all! :)

About the display, yeah on driver level there's something that can be done, but well, for now, you can use an app that you can find easily on the play store that will do the job.
Not only "one app" .. there are a lot of apps that can do what you want :D

maarawoe

Feb 8, 2012
Prague
@kholk
I only hope that you will get the second core running ;-)

Sent from a phone with a locked bootloader....

Mortify1

Oct 21, 2010
Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online :)

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online :)

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot

honestly dont waste your time ;) if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...

leisures

Jul 8, 2010
Cordoba
honestly dont waste your time ;) if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...

Thanks god im not the only one with this problem.
Same on latam phone on any stock rom.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the EternityProject's Motorola RAZR Bootloader Bypass Thread!

What do we have today?
    Kexec. After working with a really good developer, [mbm], finally this has become real.
    Linux boots Linux. No signature checks.
    Yeah, this is the beginning of custom kernels :)
    Oh, remember that this is still a WORK IN PROGRESS!

Known issues (to be solved):
    - CPU1 doesn't come up.
    - It fails on (some?) CDMA Droid RAZRs :(

ToDo (by priority):
    1. Fix CDMA Droid RAZR problem
    2. Fix CPU1

Disclaimer:
    The EternityProject and [mbm] aren't responsible of anything you do on your device: if it explodes and kills you, or if it comes to life and becomes something like Terminator, it's YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY.
    Plus, prior complaining that it doesn't work, use a STOCK MOTOROLA ROM. Thanks.

Tested on:
    651.167.19.XT910.Retail.en.FR
    651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU
    65.1.40.XT910.MERetail.en.06
    651.73.250.XT910.Brasil.en.BR
    65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03
    65.3.106.XT910S.SKT.en.KR

Installing:
    1. Copy the package on your internal memory / MicroSD
    2. Boot the bootstrap recovery
    3. Install it via that recovery.

Booting with kexec:
    Open a terminal emulator or ADB and enter this:
    Code:
    su
    sh /system/bypassme/bypassme.sh
    Then wait for 10 seconds to jump over the new kernel. Now your device will vibrate and apparently freeze. Wait a minute and you'll be on the new kernel ;)
    You can also set the script above to be automatically executed at boot time or to be a one-tap script with apps like Script Manager.

Video how-to by therazrguy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2j543IOMc

In case of freeze:
    VOLDN+POWER (press for ~10 seconds) will hardshutdown your device. If it freezes during the kexec boot, retry. Sometimes it can happen.

In case of slow-like-hell device:
    Install SetCPU or AnTuTu CPU Master and change your governor from 'mot_hotplug' to 'ondemand'.

Screenshots:

Download:
    EternityProject Website

Source:
    HERE

Note:
    If something is not working, please remove anything that is automatically running at boot, like auto-recovery and the "Set on boot" option of SetCPU or AnTuTu CPU Master.

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    * whistling *

:angel:
    Hashcode got both cores running on the Droid 3 and the CDMA Razr. There's some issues but at least he got both cores running! :D
    stop asking for update dudes, i know you can t wait for kexec and so do i.
    But don t worry when kholk will have something new he will tell.

Remember he is doing This during freetime for free , it s summer now and he work on many devices!

So we all have to wait don t update this thread for ETA, because every time i see it i m like , omagad finally! And no....