Youtube playback problem

Search This thread

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
Anyone have problem playback youtube video?.. When u click the video, it appear diffrent video!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
Both my tab plus have this prob....i had to press hd to watch real video... Its not normal.. Anyone with me? Hope someone come with solution... :(

khel26

Oct 27, 2010
New York
Both my tab plus have this prob....i had to press hd to watch real video... Its not normal.. Anyone with me? Hope someone come with solution... :(

Are you referring to the Youtube App or youtube content in a browser?

If in a browser, is it consistent that when you click a certain video, that same "different" video plays? Can you provide a link sample for us to see and try to replicate?

And what do you mean that you have to press HD to watch real video?

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
Oh..its not in browser but youtube app... Can u please share ur app.. Wanna tried..hate this problem

alieamin

Jun 7, 2011
im getting same problem as u. Using youtube app,searched some video, when clicked at preferred video, it appear different video. Using browser never face this prob.

Both my tab had this problem, p6200 and p7500.

Using Maxis broadband card. After i changed telco/simcard never face this prob.

if im using wifi also no problem.

Reactions: are-red

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
im getting same problem as u. Using youtube app,searched some video, when clicked at preferred video, it appear different video. Using browser never face this prob.

Same prob here...then need to change sim?im using maxis too

khel26

Oct 27, 2010
New York

Possible DNS issue with the ISP and the way Youtube app uses the settings. Maybe you could force the app to use another DNS. I have only the wifi-US version of the tab so I can't check settings but if there's a way to change the DNS settings (to a public one) of your 3G connection then try it instead of changing sim card.

Try putting in 208.67.220.220 or 208.67.222.222 as primary DNS (OpenDNS)
AND
8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 as secondary DNS (Google's public DNS server)

If you can't find anywhere to change the settings then try installing "Set DNS" from market. Again, I don't have first hand experience on this yet because I don't have a 3G tab with me. Hope it works, Goodluck!

Last edited:
Reactions: are-red

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
Possible DNS issue with the ISP and the way Youtube app uses the settings. Maybe you could force the app to use another DNS. I have only the wifi-US version of the tab so I can't check settings but if there's a way to change the DNS settings (to a public one) of your 3G connection then try it instead of changing sim card.

AND

If you can't find anywhere to change the settings then try installing "Set DNS" from market. Again, I don't have first hand experience on this yet because I don't have a 3G tab with me. Hope it works, Goodluck!

Will try thx for tips

are-red

Jul 15, 2008
Hmmm.. I still cant get fix this issue when using data while play youtube video... If i use wifi it working fine...weird...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AND