Xperia z reviews

Search This thread

randomuseresato

Jan 30, 2013
Detailed french review of the Xperia Z

Let me post the translation of their verdict.

Design : ★★★★★

Sony understands the expectations of the public: a high-end smartphone should have materials "premium". With all the glass on the phone and a simple design, we have (in our opinion) the best design today. Its dimensions and weight are perfectly balanced and format 5 inches will seem more than ever the ideal format.

Display: ☆ ★ ★ ★ ★

With FullHD resolution, pixels are no longer visible to the naked eye. This very recent slab seems to be a bit too bright and distorts the colors, but it does note that comparing competing models. In normal use, you will not notice anything unusual. Instead, you will be amazed by the density of pixels!

In terms of color reproduction it bests the One X, but they mention that whites are not as bright as One X and blacks in a completely dark room are lighter compared to One X.

Camera: ★ ★ ★ ★ ½

13 megapixels which currently surpasses competitors Android Market. HDR is not so stunning, but this sensor is impressive smartphone.

Performance: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The heavy, very heavy, with Android has never been so fluid through Project Butter.

Software: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

While HTC and Samsung Android appropriated largely by modifying the interface, Sony prefers improve by a few keystrokes. The whole is more than coherent and bundled software is suitable (especially for part Walkman / Albums / Movies).

However, we regret that PlayStation certified phone Mobile does not include a link to download the application directly to the store or better it is directly integrated.

Autonomy: ☆ ★ ★ ★ ★

According to the views, you can find good or bad. If you consider the phone as a phablet (type Galaxy Note), you will have difficulty in exceeding the day. However, if we consider instead the Z Xperia smartphone as a classic, it has similar performance, even better.

Battery life is said to be much better than Nexus 4 and closer to Note 2.

Final Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The coherent offered by the Sony Xperia Z deserves a 5/5 because it is the best phone of the year 2013 which is not very difficult as it is one of the first premium that comes to us early this year. More generally, it is also the best high-end smartphone confused every generation taking the best of what is. It is certainly not the cheapest (difficult to compete with the Nexus 4) and will see land competition soon, but Sony has erased all the defects of previous generations of its Android smartphones.

Full Review HERE

Reactions: Eddiemc and omersak

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Finally the reviews are coming, I waited for this :) First of all thanks to everybody that has posted links to reviews!

I have to say I am a bit disapointed, but not enough to change my mind about the Z. The camera should have been fantastic... seems it isn't, I am happy all reviews point out that it is a beautiful, premium design. That's very important to me (aftery years of looking only for raw specs I am now focusing also on design). The phone seems fast and smooth, so that's fine as well. Battery life also seems good from what I have read.

After all the reviews till now the Xperia Z still holds the #1 spot for my next phone. It's also one of the first 4G devices in the Netherlands, so that's a big plus.

When I read this morning that the Galaxy S4 will be very similar to the S3 design-wise, I was sad. I really want something different, not another S3 (but with a slightly larger, higher res screen and some other upgrades).

rycexboi

Sep 30, 2012
PhoneArena has put up their review. They gave it an 8.5/10. They praised the build quality and the IP certification, but called the camera disappointing and said that call quality was mediocre.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-Z-Review_id3247

Yeah..I didn't really like that review, felt kinda rushed and whats up with saying the screen should be more contrast and saturated?. Sorry, but I like my screen to be natural colored not over saturated.

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
When I read this morning that the Galaxy S4 will be very similar to the S3 design-wise, I was sad. I really want something different, not another S3 (but with a slightly larger, higher res screen and some other upgrades).

this is what happen when everyone is trying to do an aggressive annual release (this case less than a year). We can only expect a incremental upgrade, not really a generational leap.

G

GuestK00431

I don't understand how phonearena say its sub par yet all the other sites say its great and the camera is excellent. Won't be reading phonearena again and they won't stop me getting this phone.

Top Liked Posts