Verizon HTC One S-Off Discussion Thread

Search This thread

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Here is a place to discuss the current methods of S-Off.

We have Sonic2765's java card which will always work, and a promised method from beaups.

Sonic's Java Card will work on any device.
Sonic's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2427960

Beaups method will work on any device even with the minor OTA that was released.

So, it seems safe to take the OTA, but I am not responsible if this is incorrect.

Last edited:

overlord727

Jul 18, 2011
Columbia, MD
This is amazing! Was waiting for this since I didn't have another phone to use so I could send mine to Sonic. Also glad that beaups said that it WILL work with the latest OTA! Just glad for an exploit since my original One had to be exchanged...

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
More than likely after 4.3 would be my guess. We wouldn't want verizon to include a fix for the exploit with 4.3 causing a delay in the release. I don't know for sure, just my guess.

Sent from the HTC One and only

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yea, I think waiting would be a good idea.. AT&T certified their 4.3 recently and it's rolling out now.. hopefully VZW is not far behind. I need FREEDOM!! :cowboy:

bc13

Apr 16, 2012
This is awesome news!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
I mean, if he just released it and we had a thread warning everyone wouldn't that be fine?

I agree, most of us will be running custom roms anyway, so there would be no reason really to ota, and also no reason why someone won't just make a safe flashable zip for us after ota is released... The only way the soff method would suck is if they patched it and people with replacement after the update, or just new phone owners wouldn't be able to do it, which is kinda a big deal...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jcabre5560

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
It just needs to be released now. Everyone knows or should know not to take an ota. Ones who takes it well they deserve to possibly be blocked from the exploit. Is he waiting because there maybe issues with his method? Seemed like in the past when an exploit was found it was released rather quickly. Waiting for 4.3 on Verizon will be waiting 6 months. They never released an update when they said they would.

Just give us the root method and collect your bounty

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jcabre5560

nexusisneecesary

May 26, 2013
I don't know shall we wait until after 4.3? I suppose even if we wait nothing will stop Verizon from releasing a small ota even after the 4.3 release to patch the exploit. so waiting may not have much benefit ..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
I agree, most of us will be running custom roms anyway, so there would be no reason really to ota, and also no reason why someone won't just make a safe flashable zip for us after ota is released... The only way the soff method would suck is if they patched it and people with replacement after the update, or just new phone owners wouldn't be able to do it, which is kinda a big deal...

There will always be that problem with getting replacement phones but with Verizon we know how slow they are for getting updates out. I remember the method for rooting the bolt was the same for years until ics came out.

grishky

Jul 29, 2010
Concord, NH

yea...but someone who is going to s-off should have the common sense to read the forums before updating...plus most people that are planning on buying ones already have bought them

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
With the news of the root method found I am sure we will see many people who left the one come back and people considering the one but waiting for a root exploit will now buy the one.

darkside32280

Jan 16, 2011
philly
Super excited to see this happen. This phone is unreal running stock. I just hate having stock anything. I modify everything I own lol cars, computers, tablets, phones, u name it. If I buy it I tweek it.

Lykarsis

Oct 9, 2012
Gahanna
It just needs to be released now. Everyone knows or should know not to take an ota. Ones who takes it well they deserve to possibly be blocked from the exploit. Is he waiting because there maybe issues with his method? Seemed like in the past when an exploit was found it was released rather quickly. Waiting for 4.3 on Verizon will be waiting 6 months. They never released an update when they said they would.

Just give us the root method and collect your bounty

It will be released when beaups feels that it is ready to be released. He is probably taking his time to make the process as safe as possible for as many people as possible. Just because he found a method doesn't necessarily mean that it is safe and easy to use in its current form. Be patient and be glad that it exists at all.

Sent from my HTC One

grishky

Jul 29, 2010
Concord, NH
Thats a valid point, I just don't see benefit in waiting. but like nexus said, they could release a small patch right after 4.3 and we would have the same outcome. or they may find this exploit before we even release it and the will just patch it in 4.3 either way. But i would like to thank beaups for putting in the time and effort! I know this stuff isn't easy so thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not waiting on any vzw updates. Just need to get everything done. It will be done "soon".
    Hey seen it before on other phones where people who said they got something abd wasn't true. I'd rather be cautious than to fly blindly to get excited to just be let down. Is it so wrong to be cautious?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

yes, its wrong.
    I think everyone just needs to chill out with the speculation and stop calling beaups. You're only distracting him if anything.

I'm sure it will be posted as soon as it is ready for public consumption. But just leave the guy alone.
    Here is a place to discuss the current methods of S-Off.

We have Sonic2765's java card which will always work, and a promised method from beaups.

Sonic's Java Card will work on any device.
    Sonic's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2427960

Beaups method will work on any device even with the minor OTA that was released.

So, it seems safe to take the OTA, but I am not responsible if this is incorrect.