HTC Evo 3D won't turn on or charge! :(

Search This thread

vannyyyyyy

Dec 24, 2011
Tuesday night, I was charging my phone and I left it alone for probably 30 minutes. I checked it, pressed the power button, and it didn't turn on! Today is day 3 of my phone not working. No, it is not rooted. My screen is cracked if that matters. It used to restart it a lot.

Yes, I've tried pulling the battery multiple times. Hard reset won't work either. I've tried volume down + power button, both volume buttons + power, even the camera button + power, charging with the computer, using different USB cords, and it still won't turn on. I took the battery and SD card out, waited 30 minutes.. put it back in, no luck.

Could it be a battery problem? Will a new battery fix it? Is it a hardware problem? If I need to replace it, could the Sprint store still retrieve my text messages and contacts? :( I hate not having a working phone and Christmas is coming up.

Mexiking10

Dec 11, 2010
Tuesday night, I was charging my phone and I left it alone for probably 30 minutes. I checked it, pressed the power button, and it didn't turn on! Today is day 3 of my phone not working. No, it is not rooted. My screen is cracked if that matters. It used to restart it a lot.

Yes, I've tried pulling the battery multiple times. Hard reset won't work either. I've tried volume down + power button, both volume buttons + power, even the camera button + power, charging with the computer, using different USB cords, and it still won't turn on. I took the battery and SD card out, waited 30 minutes.. put it back in, no luck.

Could it be a battery problem? Will a new battery fix it? Is it a hardware problem? If I need to replace it, could the Sprint store still retrieve my text messages and contacts? :( I hate not having a working phone and Christmas is coming up.

Happened to me too a while back. Had to take it in to a Sprint repair center and it turned out that my phone was fried somehow minutes after I put it on the charger. As long as you had your contacts backed up with your Google account you should be fine. Not sure about your texts.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Reactions: r3x7

pati5313

Oct 18, 2011
i had the same problem.
Its a bug in the Recovery ;)

simply reboot-bootloader with ADB and it will charge :cool:

HOW TO

you need The Android SDK on your computer

1.remove the battery
2.Put the battery back in your Evo 3d
3.Connect the phone with your computer
4.Start CMD
5. type "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
6.type "adb reboot-bootloader"
7.your phone should now charge just let it charge for a couple of minutes
8.restart your phone

sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nastystang05

Aug 20, 2009
This happened to me.
1. take out battery
2. hold down the power button for 15sec with battery out.
3. place battery back in phone and put the back on.
4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.

KnoxBNYC

Dec 28, 2011
New York, NY
This happened to me.
1. take out battery
4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.

I only wish I had seen this post before stressing all night! This worked perfectly and EASILY on what appeared to be a bricked phone!

Thank you soooooooooo much !! :D :D :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D, with ViperRom Redline v2.1.1

Last edited:
Reactions: Nainus Dextrous
J

j4n87

...next time just press n hold the camera button then the power button too - should boot then :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Grevers

Dec 25, 2011
i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
4.Start CMD
8.restart your phone

Why doesnt the cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools work

Reactions: hellescape

heathmcabee

Feb 9, 2008

your battery is completely discharged. find another battery or buy a docking external charger to charge your battery bro. Been throuhg the same thing

Swifty76

Oct 29, 2010
Vancouver
I had the same problem, left it plugged in for awhile. Then I held the camera button like j4n87 suggested and it booted. Don't know if the 3d switch position makes a difference. Thanks for your help guys. :)

Last edited:

seely33

Feb 14, 2011
San Antonio
This method actually worked!

This happened to me.
1. take out battery

Thank you so much!!

So, I am in my car getting ready to drive home and my phone won't turn on or even register the car charger. I had the phone in my pocket prior to that. I tried the three button trick, but nothing worked. I drove the whole way home dreading that I had bricked my phone. But thanks to XDA and all the help that is out there, I found a way to fix my problem.

I wish I could figure out exactly what caused the problem. My battery was at about 20-25%. My phone is rooted, hboot 1.4 running Android Revolution HD 1.1.3, and TWRP 1.1.1. I haven't flashed anything in a couple days, so is there any log I could look at to help figure out this mystery? Or is this something that just happens?

Thanks everyone!

pricefix23

Nov 22, 2005
Down South
I had a similar problem last week & had to sent it off to HTC UK for a warranty repair - a new mainboard!

Although to be fair to HTC, they did send a courier to my remote home to collect it and it was back within 2 working days.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App

MikeCriggs

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 24, 2010
Catskills, NY
twitter.com
Why doesnt the cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools work

You need to install OpenJDK6+, the Android SDK, and the USB drivers for your phone since you're running Windblows. Do that, then open a command prompt window (type "cmd" in the Start menu search bar if you can't find it). Now if you're running a 32 bit OS, the "(x86)" part can be omitted from the command you're trying to use. The command "cd" means change directory, you cannot go to a directory (AKA folder, path, etc) that isn't there. The directory will be created for you when you install the SDK. Google is a helpful resource if you need further instruction :p.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to enable USB debugging from your phone otherwise ADB will not work. (It's located in: Settings>Applications>Development).

Sent from a Shooter running Android 4.0.3 via XDA Premium.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyanChip

Griwka_od

Mar 24, 2010
[/COLOR]
You need to install OpenJDK6+, the Android SDK, and the USB drivers for your phone since you're running Windblows. Do that, then open a command prompt window (type "cmd" in the Start menu search bar if you can't find it). Now if you're running a 32 bit OS, the "(x86)" part can be omitted from the command you're trying to use. The command "cd" means change directory, you cannot go to a directory (AKA folder, path, etc) that isn't there. The directory will be created for you when you install the SDK. Google is a helpful resource if you need further instruction :p.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to enable USB debugging from your phone otherwise ADB will not work. (It's located in: Settings>Applications>Development).

Sent from a Shooter running Android 4.0.3 via XDA Premium.

got mine with sme problem. Bsttery went to 3.5V, phone do not loads.? LED slowly blinking.
I used your method, CMD wrote Daemon successfully started, phone rebooter into recovery, i reload bootloader again from recovery, but this did not helped/ en batery voltage ups to 3,6V, phone turns on, but do not charging anyway. No other tricks not helps.

Last edited:

hellescape

May 24, 2009
Thessaloniki
i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
4.Start CMD
8.restart your phone

thank you. worked for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
    4.Start CMD
    8.restart your phone

This happened to me.
    1. take out battery
    Plug in the charger and hold the camera button, volume up button and volume down button, then hold the power button. This will be like telling your phone the battery was just pulled and replaced and should re initiate charging

it WORKED!

This happened to me.
    1. take out battery

It WORKED like a charm.
    I have no words to thank you...
    I LOVE YOU DUDE! hahahahaha:D:D:laugh::cowboy::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good: