Second core script

Search This thread

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Good work with this. What is the point of this and I think it is solid. Despite what god says. Only wish I had my x2 because Id be running this on it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thanks motcher I've always used your 3g tweaks and your opinion holds a lot of water with me and always has

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I ran it also while I was on cm7 and did not notice any extra battery drain. To be honest I did not see any change in my quadrant scores but I still left it on. I am not trying to fight with everyone here that has helped me and that I might of helped at one time or another.

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
Thanks motcher I've always used your 3g tweaks and your opinion holds a lot of water with me and always has

I could always sacrifice a little battery life for an increase in performance. Thank you as well. I just try to help people and do what I can. There is not a lot to be done on this nexus. Keep up the good work!

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
I ran it also while I was on cm7 and did not notice any extra battery drain. To be honest I did not see any change in my quadrant scores but I still left it on. I am not trying to fight with everyone here that has helped me and that I might of helped at one time or another.

I never did like those benchmarking type tools. When I had my droid charge it had absolutely atrocious scores on anything however I could play any single game without lag and I could also watch netflix I could do anything it just had absolutely bad scores

Reactions: ashclepdia
I never did like those benchmarking type tools. When I had my droid charge it had absolutely atrocious scores on anything however I could play any single game without lag and I could also watch netflix I could do anything it just had absolutely bad scores

^^^^^ this
A million times this

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Sooooo, do I run the zip and the sh file? I'm itching to get this going since V6 isn't cooperating with me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Contact me
If you would like to get v6 working along with thus
I have problems helping you out, even, step by step
V6supercharger+ this =butter

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
^^^^^ this
A million times this

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Contact me
If you would like to get v6 working along with thus
I have problems helping you out, even, step by step
V6supercharger+ this =butter

I promise you I will get on that, but I'm starting training for a new job and I have a ton of school work :)

Gotta love college

theredvendetta

Apr 10, 2011
I'm not here to start any arguments, but could someone please explain how this could possibly net improved performance? And also, there IS more battery drain if the second core isn't sleeping. Just wanted to get that out there. But yeah, I just don't understand; I mean, the second core activates by default anyways, why would keeping it on 24/7 be a good idea?

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
I'm not here to start any arguments, but could someone please explain how this could possibly net improved performance? And also, there IS more battery drain if the second core isn't sleeping. Just wanted to get that out there. But yeah, I just don't understand; I mean, the second core activates by default anyways, why would keeping it on 24/7 be a good idea?

I and others have not seen any considerable differnce in battery performance

Also the second core comes on when the phone is bogged and lagged out I no longer have those issues...others have reported the same...

Post edited because of my ignorance

Last edited:

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio

Try it out yourself.

No seriously, try it yourself and take note of before and after stats. You seem like the kind of person that needs serious hard results and works to get them.

For me, Dead Space went from being near unplayable to smooth.
As far as battery goes, it does drain slightly faster. Mine has, but then again, my phone has been my computer for the past weekend so naturally the battery is going to drop a **** ton.

I really don't have much of a problem managing my battery. If I'm in class or the lab for more than 45 minutes, I turn on airplane mode or just turn my phone off. I'm willing to work harder for my phones life if it will work for me.

If you do decide to delve into it and look at what's going on after the core is activated so that we can manage things better, please tell. I'm starting to like you Vendetta :)

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Ok so in numerous threads you've made your opinion clear what else more so you want me or anyone else to say to convince you otherwise you don't think it is beneficial and we all understand that others have found it beneficial...so why don't you just move on

And I and others have not seen any considerable differnce in battery performance

Also the second core comes on when the phone is bogged and lagged out I no longer have those issues...others have reported the same...

Again you've stated your opinion here and on numerous threads already...let it go

An apology is in order because I had confused your post with another earlier in the week and I am sorry if that came off as rude and arrogant. I should not have reacted that way I can understand your questions and concerns.

For me with the second core not waiting to handle instructions by sleeping I have much better performance in the areas that have been outlined before

Also as far as my battery I am on my phone constantly and see no real difference in battery performance

Try it out yourself.

No seriously, try it yourself and take note of before and after stats. You seem like the kind of person that needs serious hard results and works to get them.

For me, Dead Space went from being near unplayable to smooth.
As far as battery goes, it does drain slightly faster. Mine has, but then again, my phone has been my computer for the past weekend so naturally the battery is going to drop a **** ton.

I really don't have much of a problem managing my battery. If I'm in class or the lab for more than 45 minutes, I turn on airplane mode or just turn my phone off. I'm willing to work harder for my phones life if it will work for me.

If you do decide to delve into it and look at what's going on after the core is activated so that we can manage things better, please tell. I'm starting to like you Vendetta :)

Instead of using airplane mode our turning off (takes more juice to boot up) just put it in deep sleep mode via power menu, it will turn off all wireless services and everything, almost like when u put a laptop into sleep mode, then when u press the power button it won't have to go thru the entire boot process (so it well lose less juice turning back on) if you are going to put in airplane mode or turn off for only a little while, trust me, and just use sleep option in power menu, u won't be disappointed ;)

siganature: 404 error

kennyb6

Jan 21, 2012
I love dzk and the work he does but it is true the 2nd ccore only comes on when bogged ddown and it does improve performance over battery life yes but its worth it because i still find the 2nd core idle until i start swiping at my screen so when u dont use your phone it stays idle but it turns on right away when u start messing wit it without the script itd take forever to turn on but thanks dzk cm7 is a beast and i cant wait for cm9

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Instead of using airplane mode our turning off (takes more juice to boot up) just put it in deep sleep mode via power menu, it will turn off all wireless services and everything, almost like when u put a laptop into sleep mode, then when u press the power button it won't have to go thru the entire boot process (so it well lose less juice turning back on) if you are going to put in airplane mode or turn off for only a little while, trust me, and just use sleep option in power menu, u won't be disappointed ;)

siganature: 404 error

Where do I find the power menu? I actually used to manually turn everything running in the background off and lock the screen. Don't know why I stopped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I was reading that bootloader effort thread and _base2 had mentioned overclocking his RAZR I tried to link the post and it wasn't working well on the app...kept foreclosing so anyways...I made a script that activates the second core...the way I verified this is looking in system tuner with it running and with out...also without it shows as an ARM processor in antutu benchmark and a dual core with it. with the limits of our kernel its not going to let us multithread obviously if I am not mistaken

Razz1 was the original poster if this on rootzwiki for the razr

If you choose to make changes or try it and something bad happens its up to you and I can't be held responsible

Ok so to further clarify what im trying to say with this is....prior to using this the second core was not visible using cat proc /cpuinfo nor was it available to java according to quadrant or antutu...after it is available and shows in the cat

This is what I used when I built my script

chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    Quick script to run in script manager or terminal

This script and flashable zip file are for CM7DX2 ONLY! It _MIGHT_ work on other ROMs, but your mileage may vary!

Okay, it was requested by Ash for me to make a script that would run from init.d. I have included a flashable zip that installs a much simplified version of this script in init.d. Please keep in mind that the only way to change CPU1 back to "On Demand" is by using the script that is in this post as well.

As with all of my mods, I am not responsible for what you choose to do with your phone.

Flashable Zip:
    Nandroid backup FIRST! Then flash this zip via Bootstrap Recovery. No need to clear cache or dalvik-cache.

Script:
    If you are going to run this script in the terminal, please remember to set the permissions with chmod to 755. Example:

Code:
    chmod 755 CPU_Core1_OnDemand_AlwaysOn.sh
    In script manager, there is no need to do this.

Grrr... XDA doesn't allow uploading of .sh files. Just remove the .pdf extension. This file is _NOT_ a PDF file.

Your welcome!

Ciao!
    Well said man. Well said. This guy thinks hes a genius for all this stuff. I remember the soft keys thing. He threatened to make people do it themselves if they didn't like his work. If you ask for a general ETA the guy gets pissed. Every reboot and freeze my phone has gotten, I dislike this dude more and more. The above statement just made me really dislike this guy. For the record, Alpha 4 was worse than alpha 3 with the addition of themes and camera and lock screen stuff. In addition, we cant even get a MMS update that was apparently "very simple". Really dragonzkiller...this guy worked hard on this script, it works for him, and he is happy with it. If it doesn't work for others, they don't have to use it. But there is no reason to put his work down because of conflicts with your incomplete work. Honestly, who cares if you stop deving...stock is stable, eclipse is stable, other roms are stable, there are lots of options and this phone has gotten outdated faster and faster since Google IO. Point is, please don't criticize someone else's work in their own thread and act like you're a god on the internet. I certainly wouldn't want my work to be criticized and I'm sure others, including you wouldn't either. BTW the dragon out thing was pretty damn lame...

I'd like to point out that half of our future roms would be screwed if not for cm updates. Ever follow miui or eclipse changes? Notice how they all come along very shortly following a cm update?

(Here comes odd me) PLEASE for your sake refrain from grandiose statements when attacking. Forms high emotional imagery (thereby forming "points") and basic argumentation says no to non-fact discourse. Has a place but a tech forum full of techies ain't it.

As much as I hate these little shots certain people are taking I have to face facts and acknowledge great work; kudos to cm9 and all its ICS bugginess and go on Traflager for giving all a shot at an amazing device.

Please don't attack people. Find smoothness, snapyness in everything. Keep it clean cause I like this place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That's impossible as putting anything in the init.rc doesn't take affect until reboot and if you reboot the init.rc is overwritten.

I am once again saying that you shouldn't use this script at all. It is pointless and drains your battery. The *slight* (and I mean slight) amount of performance you gain out of it is worthless compared to the loss in battery life.

dragon out.

Yes the statement about init.rc is correct won't work...although you don't like when people sat negative things about your work and just tell them don't use it or do it themselves but you have no problem saying negative things about mine

Plenty of people like it and have used it with no or little extra battery drain and have no problem with it.

Why don't you just step off man we get it you don't like it blah blah blah you've made your opinion known so let it go already.

You don't like negative comments even when someone asks about something as simple as soft keys yet you have no problem criticizing others....funny how that works

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
    Yes the statement about init.rc is correct won't work...although you don't like when people sat negative things about your work and just tell them don't use it or do it themselves but you have no problem saying negative things about mine

Plenty of people like it and have used it with no or little extra battery drain and have no problem with it.

Why don't you just step off man we get it you don't like it blah blah blah you've made your opinion known so let it go already.

You don't like negative comments even when someone asks about something as simple as soft keys yet you have no problem criticizing others....funny how that works

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium