[Q] chainfire root

Search This thread

dal71

Sep 25, 2013
Just got two T-Mobile Note 3's and want to root them as I did our Verizon Note 2's.
Was watching the XDA video on using the chainfire method (which I used to root my Note
tablet) and it looks like the way to go.

That video came out in Oct of 2013. The little owners manual thingie that came
with the phones states that any "If unauthorized firmware is placed on the device it will not
work."

Question: Does anyone know if Samsung has buggered up the phone since October
so that the root no longer works, or am I still good to go?

Thanks!

Beefvvl

Sep 11, 2010
San Diego
Just got two T-Mobile Note 3's and want to root them as I did our Verizon Note 2's.
Was watching the XDA video on using the chainfire method (which I used to root my Note

with the phones states that any "If unauthorized firmware is placed on the device it will not
work."

Thanks!

You can root a couple different ways. It depends on if you want to trip Knox or not.

Reactions: dal71

CWick4141

Jul 11, 2012
Detroit
I literally just used chainfires auto-root via Odin and it worked fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: dal71

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Knox is new Samsung secure environment, if you start flashing ROMS etc it will trip Knox flag which no one knows how to reset, if it ever can be reset. Samsung can and did refuse any warranty repairs if the Knox flag is tripped. As far as rooting goes if your firmware is below MJ7 I think, you won't trip the flag, if it's MJ7 and above the flag will be tripped I think. For example I have MI7 (last 3 digits of FW build) so I can root, without setting flag. Anyhow, I would suggest you read and learn as much as you can here, before you do something you can't undo.

tyhill

Jan 17, 2014
I really wanted to wait until the 4.4.2 Kitkat update before I root.... but I can't wait.

I think I will cave in and get root this weekend!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

work."

Thanks!

You can root a couple different ways. It depends on if you want to trip Knox or not.
    I literally just used chainfires auto-root via Odin and it worked fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app