Problem Flashing newer ROMs

Search This thread

sully51

Jan 28, 2014
I apologize if this has been answered before, I've been searching the better part of the afternoon/evening and haven't been able to find anything that is exactly what I'm seeing.

I have been running Jellybeans ROM for months, but recently it has been giving me fits, so I thought I'd try out one of the newer 4.4 ROMs. I have not done the 4.3 OTA update, so I figured it would be pretty easy. Here's the issue. I can install the 4.3 stock ROM without the firmware, or the Jellybeans ROM, I assume any 4.1.2 ROM. If I attempt to install any of the 4.4 ROMs, the installation aborts immediately with the following error:

Code:
Can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc1

Specifically, I've tried BeanStalk and the unofficial CM11. I'm using CWM v6.0.4.6. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks for any help you can give. :)

aypeeootrek

May 14, 2012
I'm using twrp so not sure if the cwm you're using is up to date. Recovery not being the latest will give people errors and you'll be unable to flash. I updated my recovery through jrummys Rom installer app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sully51

Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the responses. That is the latest CWM for the Verizon S3, but just to be sure, I installed TWRP. I am still unable to flash the ROMs. The TWRP log shows the following:

Code:
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/BeanStalk-4.4.225-20140123-d2vzw.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 0MB, size: 12335MB, used: 1672MB, free: 10497MB, in data/media: 1672MB.
I:Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'vfat'
I:Set page: 'flash_done'

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Thanks for the responses. That is the latest CWM for the Verizon S3, but just to be sure, I installed TWRP. I am still unable to flash the ROMs. The TWRP log shows the following:

Code:
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/BeanStalk-4.4.225-20140123-d2vzw.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 0MB, size: 12335MB, used: 1672MB, free: 10497MB, in data/media: 1672MB.
I:Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'vfat'
I:Set page: 'flash_done'

Tough one.

Sounds drastic, but try to Odin back to stock and reroot. I don't even think using a pit file would fix this one.

If it's still throwing an error, then repartitioning might fix the error.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2