Can't decide if I need 32GB or 64GB model

Search This thread

camspy

Jul 6, 2011
Vilnius
Could you help me decide?
I want to browse internet, read ebooks, have 100 apps/games installed and have it running smooth.
I have a speady 64GB external SD card.

Do I really need the 64GB model?

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
You may think that you provided enough info to get help but you missed the fact that what matters is the size of the applications not the quantity of them alone. If you're using games that have huge storage requirements then only you can account for that, not the community.

There is already a thread about how much free space to expect from a 32gb model (about 25gb) so do your own estimating.

Reactions: Sterist

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010
No need for 64 GB. 32 GB should do just fine, especially with a 64GB external SD card.

Edit: I've been asking myself the same question. I just can't justify paying $100 for 32 GB extra.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Fizzler73

Dec 21, 2010
I think is a question many of us ask. Some Apps, specially some of the HQ racing games and FPS take up a fair amount of space. You can offload much of the content to the external drive. I personally always opt for the highest storage.

camspy

Jul 6, 2011
Vilnius
I don't play much games usually, so I can live without heavy gaming :)
I also generally thing that 64gb is the way to go but 64gb mean that the tablet is not yet released for sale and it will be much more pricey...

So I try to convince myself that 32gb + 64gb SD is OK :)

bitpushr

Retired XDA:Administrator
I don't play much games usually, so I can live without heavy gaming :)
I also generally thing that 64gb is the way to go but 64gb mean that the tablet is not yet released for sale and it will be much more pricey...

So I try to convince myself that 32gb + 64gb SD is OK :)

Another vote for 32GB+64GB.

Although, I can't seem to write to the external SD card, apparently this is an issue with 4.4.2 :confused:

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
I also vote for 32 + 64.

Of course it depends on how you use the device. I'm not a "cloud" lover and prefer to have stuff on it rather than dropboxed, etc.

In my use cases, I only really need lots of space when I take it for a vacation and want to take movies/tv shows along. If we're talking 720p or 1080p, then the files can be pretty big. Another use is music, I use lossless (.flac) a lot and they're also bigger.

Still, you can always buy a 128 GB card later (I'm sure they'll be compatible and cheaper in some time) and you can also connect an external portable hard drive via USB3, if ocasionally you really need to take lots of data along. The only catch is that I think NTFS is not supported.

omegafiler

Dec 22, 2010
TX
Unless you have a ton of very large apps/games that can't use external storage, 32gb with sd should work for most folks. I just re encode my videos without HD audio and they fit fine on my 64gb sd. If I need anymore, I'll use my ext 1tb hd with the otg adapter. In either case, an extra 32gb wouldn't make a huge difference for me, and certainly not worth $100.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Agree with the 32gb recommendation. Just be aware of the issues with writing to external SD cards on Kitkat. If you use AirDroid for transfer of files to your tablet over WiFi it could be an issue.

enragedpaza

This is something I had an issue with, which one to get. Best Buy solved that for me by only having the 32gb version. While I'm the store, I thought about this, get an external hard drive and have even more memory. So, I bought a 1tb hard drive for 65 (on sale) and hooked it up using a USB otg cable. For less than the price of the 64gb model, I have more memory now

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

davidson27

Mar 6, 2014
This will be my first tablet, I think I want a 64GB LTE but could I use a Flash usb drive instead of a complete external HD?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You may think that you provided enough info to get help but you missed the fact that what matters is the size of the applications not the quantity of them alone. If you're using games that have huge storage requirements then only you can account for that, not the community.

There is already a thread about how much free space to expect from a 32gb model (about 25gb) so do your own estimating.
    This will be my first tablet, I think I want a 64GB LTE but could I use a Flash usb drive instead of a complete external HD?

Yes uoy could with otg USB cable

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app