Nexus 10: Control remotely over the internet?

Search This thread

wohltat

Oct 24, 2013
Hello,

I got a Nexus 10 for my mom after her PC broke down. Since we are seperated by many kilometers and she has trouble to follow instruction how to fix / to do stuff on the phone I want some visual and input control.

Actually I need an app that allows me to control her tablet from long distance. I check Teamviewer Quicksupport but there you can only do screenshots, there is no full life control for the nexus 10 in Teamviewer as far as I have understood. Can anyone please recommend something? I wanted to ship the tablet on monday, so fast help is appreciated in advance.

btw. I dont care if I control the tablet from my windows pc or my nexus 4 android phone. I just need a solution. :/

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Hmm, I can't seem to find an app for that either. Rare occasion I guess. What you could do is program Tasker to do a service like that for you... you'll need her tablet to be rooted. You'll need root no matter the solution.
If you don't know about Tasker it's a really nice app for developers/techy people to automate/add tweaks/features on your phone. This will be a really advanced implementation though. It's surely possible and it'd be easier for me to develop it for you than to explain it. You'll need your own web domain though. I mean one that you have for yourself, where you could place a php script.

Hopefully that helps or gives some insight at least, if you need my help I could develop that setup for you. You'll need to root her tablet yourself tho.

--
Say thanks if I was of help,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

wohltat

Oct 24, 2013
Hmm, I can't seem to find an app for that either. Rare occasion I guess. What you could do is program Tasker to do a service like that for you... you'll need her tablet to be rooted. You'll need root no matter the solution.
If you don't know about Tasker it's a really nice app for developers/techy people to automate/add tweaks/features on your phone. This will be a really advanced implementation though. It's surely possible and it'd be easier for me to develop it for you than to explain it. You'll need your own web domain though. I mean one that you have for yourself, where you could place a php script.

Hopefully that helps or gives some insight at least, if you need my help I could develop that setup for you. You'll need to root her tablet yourself tho.

--
Say thanks if I was of help,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

So there exists really no solution for that issue? :(

capnkrunch

Dec 31, 2013
Chicago
Root her Nexus and install a VNC server app. VNC Server by onecent in the Play Store worked for me (sorry can't link, too new). Then just use a client on either your phone or computer to connect. You will probably need to set up port forwarding on her router to connect remotely. Hopefully you're not too far since you'll likely have to visit her to get that and rooting done. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app