[Q] I need a current CWM Recovery for Loki flash

Search This thread

mielke

Jul 8, 2014
I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links :mad:

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links :mad:

You CAN'T install a custom recovery on a 4.4.2 S4.

You REALLY should read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Seems to me that nobody has tried with loki and a current CWM butttt now I have safestrap and looks like I'll be rolling with hyperdrive. I really just want a rom that doesn't burn through my battery the way my stock one does.

Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

android-incredible

Apr 23, 2011
Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Don't forget ds battery saver.that what I use and is amazing...

Reactions: joshm.1219

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

I was just going to suggest this as well. Also there is a DS Battery Xposed Module that I think gives you even more options and control over it.

Great app for people who can't flash custom kernels.. My kernel setup + Greenify right now has my phone sleeping like a baby.

Also you can use App Ops to go a step further and not allow things like Google Play Services to keep your phone awake.. Among other things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.