G2X Gingerbread leak update.zip here

Search This thread

da0ne

May 26, 2009
New York
Anyone know if this has an updated baseband?

thanks

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

This release is release-key signed which leads me to think it could become the 'official release'
This release does NOT include an updated baseband, which will follow later (as soon as I have it, so will you)
I have repacked the ROM to update zip format and pre-rooted it, that aside, it's 100% stock
Please do not deep link or mirror / rehost the update zip
Ensure you make a backup before installing
Enjoy

regP

Nov 1, 2010
Bay Area
Thanks. I will do just that in few mins once it is done downloading. I really need a good backup and restore app. Looks like each time i flash i have to RESTORE all my apps and settings....what a pain.

titanium backup pro. you're welcome :)

gonna wait for word on bugs in this leak before flashing.

xdmds

Feb 25, 2011
fairport
Damn, cant dl on my phone cuz it saves as a 701byte .htm

Guess i have to wait til after skl :(

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same issue i have....i rely on FB for my contact pics :(

Try SyncMyPix from the market.
    could you list all the stuff you removed. I already have a backup so i don't mind playing :)
    Wi-Fi Calling (com.android.kineto)
    EA Launcher (com.ea.launcher.moregames)
    NFS Shift (com.ea.nfsshift)
    NOVA (com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftNOHP)
    Polaris (com.infraware.docMaster)
    Logmein Rescue (com.logmein.rescue, com.logmein.rescuesecurity)
    T-Mobile TV (com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd)
    My Account (com.nuance.nmc.sihome)
    TegraZone (com.nvidia.tegra)
    Swype (com.swype.android.inputmethod)
    Telenav (com.telenav.app.android.telenav)
    T-Mobile Apppack (com.tmobile.apppack)
    T-Mobile Device (com.tmobile.selfhelp)
    Zinio (com.zinio.mobile.android)

make sure to use root explorer and use the apk's avatars as a guide to see which files you are deleting
    Just flashed the rom and here's my quick first impressions:

• The 4G icon in the status bar is still the one used with the white background, so it looks out of place.
    • The ex-Engadget guy in the video was right on about the unlocking speed when turning the screen on.
    • The whole phone feels more responsive and consistent.
    • The stock gingerbread keyboard is actually stretched taller than what is normal on both CM7 and other devices with stock gingerbread. This is a GOOD thing.
    • It no longer "hangs" when multitasking, i.e., while installing apps from the Market. This may actually be partly caused by the conversion to EXT3. CM7 did this too, so I don't think it was a "lack of dual core compatibility" issue.
    • Linpack is still about the same, ~37MFLOPS with one core. Quadrant is around ~2400. I got about 2500 on froyo, with the planet sim hitting over 100fps. On this build of gingerbread, that same planet sim hits around 60-70fps.
    • Gallery image loading is slightly faster.
    • The camera app, although stock gingerbread, is actually faster and smoother than the LG froyo app. This is most noticeable when scene mode is set to "Auto".
    • Copy/Cut/Paste is working well.
    • Battery driver seems to be much improved. No longer does "Cell Standby" take up all of the battery. After a few restarts, I'll be able to tell how stable the readings are.

I may add more later.

EDIT: I just noticed the keyboard can be laggy unless you turn off the "Popup on keypress".
    Paul is the f'n man