Whats the best offline navigation for Nexus ?

Search This thread

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
Might be giving away my Nexus to my GF (dont know if i decide to keep Galaxy). She doesnt have data plan but needs good navigation...

Can anyone recommend a good USA, Froyo 2.2 navi ?

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
Might be giving away my Nexus to my GF (dont know if i decide to keep Galaxy). She doesnt have data plan but needs good navigation...

Can anyone recommend a good USA, Froyo 2.2 navi ?

For US Based Co-Pilot works really well and is not too expensive $35. They were very slow to update to Froyo but the update runs well for me on stock FRF91. The Maps seem to be complete for the areas I've been in and used it (IL, IN, PA, VA, NC). The interface itself is smooth and fairly well laid out.

I have Sygic Mobile Maps as well but can't really recommend it. The interface itself is *painfully* slow. We are talking hit "next" in the menu and I have to wait 4-5 seconds for the next pane of static options to come up. It's so painful to use that I consider that a $54 mistake (not in the market and non refundable) and uninstalled it.

I don't think Navigon is available for the US, but that's an option outside of the US as well.

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
I bought Copilot as well. It works OK, not as good as TomTom that I had on my WM Touch HD. While I was waiting for the new Copilot version I found the IGO version for the Nexus one. Search for Motonav_JM-PPCW_v2 on google and you might find it.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Also, if "offline" doesn't mean "completely offline", but rather "can stand 50kB of data transferred per navigation, but no more than that" - then you can try Waze.

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ah, didn't notice you said offline. Can't help you there, because I always use maps that just download from google maps, since I'm always using the cell network.