[WIP][PORT][CM9] Marvel (outdated)

Search This thread

matt5eo

Dec 2, 2011
Graz
Stupid question but why are there more great apps for arm7 and Not for arm6 and what are the Main differenzes?

Thanks
Sent from my HTC A510e using Tapatalk

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Quick update I'm talking to the optimus one cm9 devs to see if they could support use for there rom and with the first reply I got I seem hopeful of course I will need to do some work on it aswel wouldn't want there devs doing all the work ;)

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium

Hehe , you took my advice after all. :D

Btw I'm using cm9 while typing this... good luck!! :thumbup:;):D

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
Quick update I'm talking to the optimus one cm9 devs to see if they could support use for there rom and with the first reply I got I seem hopeful of course I will need to do some work on it aswel wouldn't want there devs doing all the work ;)

Just wanted to tell you eoghan, you are doing a GREAT job atm. :D

btw, I've been using both CM7 & CM9 for the past two weeks now with nandroid switching etc. But I've now got a problem. I can no longer use CM7. My brain can't handle it. It's too slow, too bulky, too ugly and ..... lol I can't live without this CM9 ace port haha. And it's only alpha hahaha.

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Just wanted to tell you eoghan, you are doing a GREAT job atm. :D

btw, I've been using both CM7 & CM9 for the past two weeks now with nandroid switching etc. But I've now got a problem. I can no longer use CM7. My brain can't handle it. It's too slow, too bulky, too ugly and ..... lol I can't live without this CM9 ace port haha. And it's only alpha hahaha.

Haha if my plan works out I hope to update the ace port at the weekend haven't had much time lately to do anything :( I feel the same I'm on cm7 now just to use wifi lol the speed of cm9 is far better than any Gingerbread rom iv used :D

Sent from my Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Haha if my plan works out I hope to update the ace port at the weekend haven't had much time lately to do anything :( I feel the same I'm on cm7 now just to use wifi lol the speed of cm9 is far better than any Gingerbread rom iv used :D

After I flash the ROM boots correctly but on cm9 bootankmation get stop and stay there about... forever...:(

Enviado desde mi HTC Wildfire S usando Tapatalk

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Ok guys I had some free time today and I tried my best to get wifi and stuff working and couldn't sorry I did try I am waiting to the aira devs to fix there hwa problems. The only way I can fix problems is my compiling the cm source which my laptop is not powerfull enough to do I would need the to upgrades that's posted in the op unfortunately I can not buy these at the moment due to being unemployed so the money I have at the moment is keeping me alive so to speak. I hate asking this if you want some ice on your phones please donate I will also include cdma builds from the get go but they will be blindly done I.e. full of bugs until users test and report the bugs for fixing. GSM builds will be easier as the full kernel source is there hence why cdma will be done blindly because I don't have that model. So ask you marvelc friends etc to donate a few dollars to me for some ice cream sandwich. If users donate and I can get the upgrades I need I no money if tight but the pay off will be sweet. There will be fours builds in total they will be as follows:

Cm9 GSM
Cm9 cdma
Aosp or aokp GSM
Aosp or aokp cdma

Thanks
Eoghan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok i decided to be brave and install the rom and guess what it booted after i installed my kernel

heres the run down

working
    Sound aka beats audio
    Button/Lights
    HARDWARE ACCERLATION ;)
    gps
    sdcard now works
    Touch fully works
    Home button now works properly ;)

not working
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    camera
    fm radio

there will be an alpha build uploaded later today to prove that it works ;)

Ace Port Link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d8814z3jo1dkf6y

Credits:
    Me ;)
    Alquez-Kernel
    And to the GlaxayICS team

install instructions
    Mount data/system
    factory reset ;)

i meant to make a update.zip but my laptop is slowing down due to downloading CM9 Source code ;)

Edit: the above does not apply anymore I downloaded the cm9 repo to build from ;) but I will upload the galaxy ace port to give you all a taster ;)

Please donate so i can buy a dual core CPU and more ram for developing faster ;)

link to CPU i would like to get
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/intel-core-i3-550-retail-box-processor-510484

ram x2
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/laptop-2gb-ddr2-800mhz-sodimm-531395
    It would be more appropriate for you to change your groups name rather than order everyone to edit their thread titles after you backtracked on what qualifies.

It would be great if you didn't follow me around everywhere telling me what I can and cannot do - it is my "team" and I wish for the previous participating members to co-operate with me if they don't fine, but bottom line is: it has nothing to do with you.

So much tension on this forum. It's not nice to be on this forum with arguements always happening between you guys, including some other members who have been recently been banned. How can a welcome thread for a moderator have to be closed, it's stupid.

We've got a new moderator, a new development team, and a new sub-forum. If you have nothing nice to say, nothing productive to say, don't say it. Don't post. Let's have peaceful development from now onward, thank you very much.
    Eoghan m8,i was looking at modpunks git,i just downloaded a last zip with as it says wifi fix/patch...did u look into it and can it be made to work on your and alquez kernel with some of these ICS ports you have?
    Also there is a master kernel overthere,i apologize if i sound ignorant but it bugs the hell out of me that i dont have enough knowledge at the moment or time to learn now...if its not a hustle for you just refer me to article where i can get how kernels and rom ports interact and howto test them in linux enviroment...cz im no stranger to linux...thats why my ignorance about Android is killing me m8 :D.....GIMMEE SOME WORK BROOO!!!!
    uff...i write like a russian novelist....tooooo loooong when i get carried away ...whish you luck with new cpu...and hope you get this wifi sort out soon ;)
    SALUTE!!!

Iv worked on his kernel and it failed to boot ill be putting some debug commands in to to hopefully get some sort of logcat output to see what's stopping it loading android ;) so tomorrow my plan is

1.get breakfast
    2.say sorry to my mum for my atidude tonight due to beer ;)
    3.add debug info to kernel source
    4.have a cigarette
    5.compile kernel
    6.pray ;)
    7.flash kernel
    8.pray again
    9.have another cigarette
    10.God knows what else I.e. screaming at a non booting kernel or kiss my phone with a booting kernel lol

P.s. I will not reply to users that try to put me down for trying my up most best to have full cm9 on the marvel I only asked for donations due to me being unemployed atm it I wasn't I wouldn't ask. I have been thinking of the remote client that a user offered I will think of that as a last resort so to speak. The way I see it is I'm trying my best to get what I want on my phone I.e. cm9, yes I'm not experienced in Java, c or c+ but I'm trying to go back to college to learn these programming languages so I can do more so stop hating.

Thanks
    Eoghan android enthusiast

Sent from my Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Shut your mouth. This is amazing, I've booted it successfully and it's so beautiful. You can never imagine how good ICS is until you use it. WOOW. Thank you eoghan. Will donate when I can; right now this rom is so close to perfection.

Live wallpapers aren't working btw.

yeah the live wallpapers are in hdpi but i will fix that ;)

Why is English (United States) the default language rather than English (United Kingdom)..

We invented it!

Love the rom by the way..

It's so smooooooooooooooooth!

ADW Launcher doesn't seem to work though, it just crashes instantly when I select it.

It can't seem to find my mobile network. Is that a known issue?

ADW will be removed from the next build.

I've succesfully booted :D But phone isn't working i guess, it says "No Service" :rolleyes:

ill fix that could be permission problems
    Did he, he didn't say when I was talking to him on gtalk lol

The problem on ICS isn't the kgsl driver. You need the kgsl interface matching the binary graphics libraries. I have updated it to the correct version in my kernel.

Guessing and just doing wild things with the kernel doesn't fix problems, it only fixes problems if you're really lucky. The next thing is just updating the driver doesn't work, you need to correctly initialize them in the board files or the kernel will not boot. The same applies for wifi and other drivers.

Why don't you just ask before wasting time :)

Btw. I've updated the wifi driver in my kernel and it works now.