How to get Boot Sound to work?

Search This thread

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
Okay, so I've been trying to get the Android Vs Apple Boot Sound to work with the Boot Animation.

What I've done, Installed a Sound Binary from Boot Animation Changer, Renamed the sound file to Android_audio.mp3, And placed the file in /System/Media/Audio/Ui, With the Permissions Rw-rw-rw
Nothing.
I checked the Default.xml file, to see if it points to the file.

<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/htc_bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/android_audio.mp3" />
</BootConfiguration>

So i placed the Sound file into System/customise/resource/ and yet still no sound,
I suppose I'm a noob, so if anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Okay, so I've been trying to get the Android Vs Apple Boot Sound to work with the Boot Animation.

What I've done, Installed a Sound Binary from Boot Animation Changer, Renamed the sound file to Android_audio.mp3, And placed the file in /System/Media/Audio/Ui, With the Permissions Rw-rw-rw
Nothing.
I checked the Default.xml file, to see if it points to the file.

So i placed the Sound file into System/customise/resource/ and yet still no sound,
I suppose I'm a noob, so if anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

Are you running ics or gingerbread rom. Boot sound goes in phone-system-media folder and must be named Android_audio.mp3. Did you also mount bootsnd.sh thru terminal emulator for gingerbread rom. Boot sound don't work on ics roms as of yet. Don't know if non release of source codes has to do anything with that.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Last edited:

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
Are you running ics or gingerbread rom. Boot sound goes in phone-system-media folder and must be named Android_audio.mp3. Did you also mount bootsnd.sh thru terminal emulator for gingerbread rom. Boot sound don't work on ics roms as of yet. Don't know if non release of source codes has to do anything with that.

Hey, It's a a GingerBread ROM.
And I already had it in System/media but it didn't work there.

But nevermind got it working now in Sytem/Customise/resource
Cheers anyway :)

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Hey, It's a a GingerBread ROM.
And I already had it in System/media but it didn't work there.

But nevermind got it working now in Sytem/Customise/resource
Cheers anyway :)

You need to load the bootsnd.sh file and reboot for it to work. I'm on the road but if you go over the inspire thread and go to theme section and boot animation request page at the end page I have a link to my drop box there that has the file and installation instructions if you want. It should make sound work after reboot. Just unzip copy bootsnd file to root of SD and type command in terminal emulator. If you don't have term emu go to market and download it its free.

Edit: Oh OK good.

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012
Any way to get this to work on a Samsung Mini? I tried everything (following all the steps in other threads here) and can't get it to work.