Bypass T-Mobile G1 Google Activation

Search This thread

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
You must have either RC29 or earlier, or Modded RC30.(RC29 is US firmware, RC7 is UK firmware) If U have higher
Versions like (RC33 US firmware or RC8 UK firmware) then u Need to Downgrade.

To Check Firmware Version Do the following without Sim

<enter>reboot<enter>

If Phone Re***** then u have version RC29 or Lower, Skip Upgrading/Flashing Procedure.
(Flash your phone to RC29/RC7 or lower to be able to Exploit Root Access)

Step 1- Format the SD card to FAT32 (Make Sure of this, otherwise it wont Work.
Step 2- Unzip the RC29 or RC7 image file (DREAIMG.nbh) to the SD card & Rename it to (DREAIMG.NBH)
Step 3- Switch Off the Device then Insert the SD card.
Step 4- Now U have to Put your G1 in BootLoader Mode (Hold Down Camera Button, and press Power Button) DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.
Step 5- Press Power button to Start Upgrade/Flashing Procedure.
Step 6- Once its done, Reboot your G1.

For Those with RC29 or Earlier Versions, Just Follow The Below Guide.

You must have ADB installed on your Computer (Extract to C: Drive), Download & Install the USB drivers. U can Manually Install when Computer Asks for the Drivers once U Connect your G1.

1- Plug your G1 & Install Drivers.
2- Without Sim Card in Your G1, <enter>setprop persist.service.adb.enable 1<enter> Even though u dont see what u typing, but u are actually executing a Command on your G1 to Enable USB Debugging in Settings.
3- Once u Execute that Command USB Drivers will be Installed again, but this time will be recognised as ADB Interface.
4- Click Start>Run>cmd> to Command Prompt
5- Type c:\adb devices (If your Device is Connected u will see it)
6- Restart your G1 but now With Sim, to see the Activation Screen then Plug USB Cable & Type c:\adb devices (to make sure u are connected)
7- Type c:\adb shell (U will see a $ sign) Just Copy & Paste this into Command Prompt (am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.Settings) The Settings Screen will Appear, now Switch on Wi-Fi & Connect to the Internet.
8- Now u can either Login with your Existing or Create New Account with Google.

Reference: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f606/bypass-t-mobile-g1-google-activation-phonecarecenter-781472/

Enjoy

Jabbacks

Aug 1, 2011
Followed instructions above. Downloaded RC29, extract and copy to sim. Pressed camera+pwr button, press power button and it updates. Status bar completes and few seconds later, it shows--- "Update Terminate", "Update Failed". I tried with sim and w/out sim. Still the same.

What seems to be the problem here?

:confused: :eek:

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
Followed instructions above. Downloaded RC29, extract and copy to sim. Pressed camera+pwr button, press power button and it updates. Status bar completes and few seconds later, it shows--- "Update Terminate", "Update Failed". I tried with sim and w/out sim. Still the same.

What seems to be the problem here?

:confused: :eek:

No extracting! Just put the whole zipped zip file or .img on the root of the sdcard (not in any folders)

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
I am sorry, but I laughed when I saw how difficult you made this, really, it's actually a lot easier. Just if you are at the 'Welcome to XXXXX' screen touch all four corners of the screen (Above the 'Change Language' screen) clockwise. It should just go to the home screen without changing anything or flashing anything

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
The four corner trick will only work on some firmwares

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

mishamosher

Jul 23, 2010
I have used from 1.6 to 2.3 without any problems.
Did a NBH restore to RC29 just to try this... it didn't work.

And also, how will the G1 make the read that there are four fingers on-screen if it only reads two fingers at same time as a maximum? (try a touch point tester on any G1 rom avaible there, and tell me if one of them reads more than two fingers, I'll be more than amazed if so).

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

And also, how will the G1 make the read that there are four fingers on-screen if it only reads two fingers at same time as a maximum? (try a touch point tester on any G1 rom avaible there, and tell me if one of them reads more than two fingers, I'll be more than amazed if so).
Scratch the last paragraph, till' now did realize the real procedure. Anyway, it doesn't work on RC29.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Scratch the last paragraph, till' now did realize the real procedure. Anyway, it doesn't work on RC29.
Also, tried RC30, RC33, CRC1, CRB43, DRC83, and those are all the original T-Mobile firmwares that I know for T-Mobile, and also, the trick doesn't works on all them.

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
yeah is not working with c29
Not multi-touch, but just pressing ONE corner with ONE finger clockwise. And maybe it doesn't work at rc29. so what, it worked for me and it's just my opinion for those that have the same firmware as me. But thanks anyway for those who doesn't have my firmware and doing a NBH-restore (What was not neccesary) Also I am using FroyoCreamSandwich and it worked there and with the most Froyo, Eclair and Gingerbread firmware versions

biralma

Jul 6, 2012
- To Check Firmware Version Do the following without Sim

- <enter>reboot<enter>

where do I enter this command? "<enter>reboot<enter>"

biralma

Jul 6, 2012
How to identify my G1 T-Mobile whether it is US or UK version

- To Check Firmware Version Do the following without Sim

- <enter>reboot<enter>

where do I enter this command? "<enter>reboot<enter>"
I got the answer for <enter>reboot<enter>.

However, I don't know whether my T-Mobile is US version of UK version. It is made in Taiwan. So how do I check it?
Thank you!!

flipinfin

Dec 30, 2011
You must have either RC29 or earlier, or Modded RC30.(RC29 is US firmware, RC7 is UK firmware) If U have higher

<enter>reboot<enter>

If Phone Re***** then u have version RC29 or Lower, Skip Upgrading/Flashing Procedure.

Step 2- Unzip the RC29 or RC7 image file (DREAIMG.nbh) to the SD card & Rename it to (DREAIMG.NBH)
Step 4- Now U have to Put your G1 in BootLoader Mode (Hold Down Camera Button, and press Power Button) DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.

You must have ADB installed on your Computer (Extract to C: Drive), Download & Install the USB drivers. U can Manually Install when Computer Asks for the Drivers once U Connect your G1.

2- Without Sim Card in Your G1, <enter>setprop persist.service.adb.enable 1<enter> Even though u dont see what u typing, but u are actually executing a Command on your G1 to Enable USB Debugging in Settings.
3- Once u Execute that Command USB Drivers will be Installed again, but this time will be recognised as ADB Interface.
6- Restart your G1 but now With Sim, to see the Activation Screen then Plug USB Cable & Type c:\adb devices (to make sure u are connected)
7- Type c:\adb shell (U will see a $ sign) Just Copy & Paste this into Command Prompt (am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.Settings) The Settings Screen will Appear, now Switch on Wi-Fi & Connect to the Internet.

Reference: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f606/bypass-t-mobile-g1-google-activation-phonecarecenter-781472/

Enjoy
My g1 aint being recognized by my computer

---------- Post added 23rd January 2013 at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 22nd January 2013 at 11:50 PM ----------

My g1 aint being recognized by my computer
Also it doesnt do nothing when i press the enter key

Zain086

Feb 6, 2013
How To Bypass The Google Account Activation Setup With Wifi On T-Mobile G1

Hi, Someone Please Help Me I Just Downgraded My T-mobile G1 And Now I Am Stuck On The Google Account Screen It Says Sign In Or Sign Up To Your Google Account And Unfortunately I Don't Have A Data Service Plan Someone Please Tell Me How I Can Sign In To My Google Account With Wifi. Sorry For My Bad English. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
I flashed 32A board with a 32B firmware which is preactivated, no need to activate, and now I have no calls, looks like used wrong firmware radio.

any suggestion?

<enter>reboot<enter>

Enjoy

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

<enter>reboot<enter>

Enjoy