[Q] Root the European Version MOTO X XT1052?

Search This thread

Slorks

Jul 7, 2010
Kuwait City
Hey guys, has anybody achieved root on the spanking new XT1052 the European variant of the Moto X?

I tried getting the bootloader unlocked from Moto support site and apparently the device was not up for bootloader unlocking.. Bumer

Would the XT1053 root methods work? I'm a semi Noob so I'd rather ask before I do something stupid.

Thanks in advance people.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I believe that phone shipped with version 4.4.2, which means the only way to gain root(at this time) is by unlocking the bootloader.

Slorks

Jul 7, 2010
Kuwait City
Thats the thing, i get the unlocking data when i paste it in the required feild to get an email to unlock the bootloader, it says my bootloader is not qualified for unlocking?

Slorks

Jul 7, 2010
Kuwait City
I had no problems unlocking my XT1052. Are you sure you put the string together correctly?

Flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) via fastboot and then flash SuperSu zip. There are numerous guides how to do this exactly.

actually i just checked i didnt paste the string right, now i unlocked the bootloader! yay

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I had no problems unlocking my XT1052. Are you sure you put the string together correctly?

Flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) via fastboot and then flash SuperSu zip. There are numerous guides how to do this exactly.

I checked the info thread but it didn't say if the process worked for 4.4.2, I found out once bootloader is unlocked you can flash as needed. Thanks for the response!

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
All the guides about installing custom recovery after unlocking the bootloader posted here are for 4.4. Are they applicable to 4.4.2 also?

Top Liked Posts