[RECOVERY][DESIRE HD] TWRP 2.8.7.0

Search This thread

xda-dhd

Jan 27, 2013
Look forward to!

I threw my Dhd on the charger before work this morning. I'll check with mustaavalkosta on current state of affairs because I haven't been paying attention lately and maybe try something this weekend.

Fingers crossed waiting for the anniversary version! :fingers-crossed:

RED_

Jan 5, 2011
London
Might get more luck here, posted this in the CM13 nightly thread:

I'm trying to bring my very old Desire HD back to life. It's currently got an old Paranoid Android AOKP ROM on it and I want to switch it over to this. However I've run into a problem at the first hurdle. I'm trying to convert my partition layout to aceopt via this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62758453&postcount=531

So the first step is to install "TWRP 2.8.7.0 for aceopt by @jrior001". However I keep getting the following error when trying to flash it:

VtkAl4L.png

Anyone got any ideas?

sepehr.sd

Account currently disabled
Jun 29, 2016
GB
how i must install it i haven't enough information about htc phones
this install on htc hd a9191
plz show me a topic or explain it for a noob

gore2kill4

Apr 20, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 9
@xda-dhd
Download PD98IMG.zip and install the zip file in custom recovery?
I currently have cwm recovery. I want to install the CyanogenMod 12.1 nightlies and need TWRP.

HTC Desire HD S-OFF

Last edited:

sepehr.sd

Account currently disabled
Jun 29, 2016
GB
how to install the zip file in custom recovery?
im really a noob

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

i dont have recovery

arefin1989

Apr 23, 2014
Dhaka
Custom recovery not working

Hi Guys,
I am an S-On, Boot-loader Unlocked DHD user. I was using CWM 6.0.4.8 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch 6.29.8 recovery and testing ROMS. Unfortunately few days ago I flashed Android Revolution HD 9.2 on my phone. After that my phone gets into recovery and shows some error messages so fast I can't read them and then rebooted into android revolution hd again. I tried to flash all recoveries via fastboot command. fastboot flashed all recoveries successfully but I can't boot into any recovery. My device reboots into philz touch again and again. Any Suggestions Please?

Dormat

Mar 10, 2016
Unable to mount storage.

While attempting to update to the CM12.1.1 Nov '16 nightly, I run into a problem.

When I open recovery (v2.8.7.0), /sdcard (internal storage) will not mount. In the repair screen I see:

Code:
Present: No
Size: 0 MB

If I hit the repair button, I see:

Code:
 E: Unable to recreate and-sec folder.
 Updating partition details...
 ...done
 E: Unable to mount storage.
 E: Unable to mount /sdcard during GUI startup.

I can install and run CM11 but it seems to be running partially from the external card (I'm now noticing that ace-opt does this for speed purposes which I was running at one point but not now). What data can I gather to help fix this?
Thanks.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
While attempting to update to the CM12.1.1 Nov '16 nightly, I run into a problem.

When I open recovery (v2.8.7.0), /sdcard (internal storage) will not mount. In the repair screen I see:

Code:
Present: No
Size: 0 MB

If I hit the repair button, I see:

Code:
 E: Unable to recreate and-sec folder.
 Updating partition details...
 ...done
 E: Unable to mount storage.
 E: Unable to mount /sdcard during GUI startup.

I can install and run CM11 but it seems to be running partially from the external card (I'm now noticing that ace-opt does this for speed purposes which I was running at one point but not now). What data can I gather to help fix this?
Thanks.
Have you verified that the sdcard isn't dead or partly broken?

LozanoDB

Sep 11, 2016
Hi, i have a HTC DESIRE HD, and i want to revive it, it have CMW Recovery, but when i try to flash a CM 13 ROM gives error. I was trying install TWRP with Minimal ADB and Fastboot, but when the HTC restart into FastBoot the Windows 10 PC doesnt find the driver and i cant Flash the TWRP recovery, any idea?? thanks

Dormat

Mar 10, 2016
Have you verified that the sdcard isn't dead or partly broken?

I went back and followed the flashing steps at the start of this thread and was able to boot into CM12.1 (Nov '16 nightly) successfully. It froze a couple times at the 'add account' dialogue. I'm still not sure what to make of the sd card numbers I saw/see.

TheArkive

Jan 18, 2011
Nexus 6
Huawei Nexus 6P
What combinations of Kernel / ROM on F2FS has been confirmed working on HTC Desire HD? Anyone find a combo that works?

EDIT: To be specific are there any f2fs enabled kernels still being actively developed? Or are we just talking kernels that come with ROMs at this point? And should this work with CyanogenMod 11 (unofficial for ACE)?

Last edited:

tnkplus

Jan 10, 2011
Installing HTC Drivers for DHD

Hi, i have a HTC DESIRE HD, and i want to revive it, it have CMW Recovery, but when i try to flash a CM 13 ROM gives error. I was trying install TWRP with Minimal ADB and Fastboot, but when the HTC restart into FastBoot the Windows 10 PC doesnt find the driver and i cant Flash the TWRP recovery, any idea?? thanks

I confirm that HTC Drivers for Desire HD (DHD) A9191 are not working in Windows 10. I tried everything and then Install Windows 7 32 bit and Install HTC drivers. Vola!!! Phone detected in one shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP
    UNOFFICIAL

Just as the title says this is an unofficial build of TWRP recovery v2.8.7.0 for the HTC ACE (Desire HD/Inspire 4g).

This has been tested on my Inspire 4G and a Desire HD by @Mustaavalkosta. It has been tested with both Sense roms and current KK AOSP roms. I have put it to the test and not found any issues so far. If you find any bugs please report with an attached recovery log.

DOWNLOAD
    Current Version
    <<HERE>>

Current Version for ace-opt
    <<HERE>>

Special thanks to @Mustaavalkosta for all his work keeping this device alive for so long.

SOURCES
    Recovery built in a CM-12.1 environment using device trees/kernel
    from Mustaavalkosta's OpenDesireProject github
    My modified trees/kernel are HERE and HERE
    TWRP source from Omnirom

Code:
    Changelog:
    7/30/15

4/14/15

2/28/15
     - fix reboots

2/27/15
     - 2.8.5 release
     - LP cm-12.0 based
     - updated offmode blobs

1/10/2015
     - 2.8.1.2 release
     - MTP support is back on, no more USB mount. CM-12.0 went this direction and so shall recovery
     - by-name partition mount support. Needed for 1/10 nightly and beyond.

1/5/2015
     - 2.8.1.1 release (i know i'm falling behind)
     - /sd-ext support
     - f2fs support

11/15/2014
     - 2.8.1 release
     - Performance profiles in recovery, should speed up backup/restore just a bit
     - Offmode charging images are back!!! Thanks to @mdmower for the guidance from 8960 series HTC's

6/13/2014
     - fixed adb in recovery

6/12/2014
     - fixed ability to use encryption

6/11/2014
     - initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP/CWM-Desire HD, Tool/Utility for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    jrior001

Version Information

Created 2014-06-11
    Last Updated 2015-11-22
    1/10/2015
    - 2.8.1.2 release
    - MTP support is back on, no more USB mount. CM-12.0 went this direction and so shall recovery
    - by-name partition mount support. Needed for 1/10/15 nightly and beyond.
    Updated TWRP to 2.8.1.1
    New in this release sd-ext support for partitioning sdcard. This gives extra ext4 partition for installing apps on. This will be useful on cm-12.0 with art opts making app installs larger. Try apps like Link2SD to takeadvantage of this.
    Also I've added F2FS support. More on this to follow in a new thread tomorrow.
    Reserved

CWM
    UNOFFICIAL

Just as the title says this is an unofficial build of CWM recovery v6.0.5.1 for the HTC ACE (Desire HD / Inspire 4g).

This has been tested on my Inspire 4G and a Desire HD by @Mustaavalkosta. It has been tested with both Sense roms and current KK AOSP roms. I have put it to the test and not found any issues so far. If you find any bugs please report with an attached recovery log.

DOWNLOAD
    Current Version
    <<HERE>>

Special thanks to @Mustaavalkosta for all his work keeping this device alive for so long.

SOURCES
    Recovery built in a CM-11.0 environment using device trees/kernel
    from Mustaavalkosta's OpenDesireProject github
    My modified trees/kernel are HERE and HERE
    CWM source from Cyanogenmod

Code:
    Changelog:
    11/15/2014
     - 6.0.5.1 release