[ROM][2.3.6] AEON v1.4SL STABILITY AT ITS FINEST

Search This thread

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Funny thing is I have had only one SOD since I started AEON. I haven't had another one since. Interesting. ;)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
I only get SOD when I have different wallpaper for my lockscreen set. If I set that to none I seem fine. I know it seems too simple but it worked for me. It seems to happen only when the phone gets a phone call or message while it's "sleeping" so I assumed that when it tried to "wake up" to display call or message it got stuck trying to display the unlock screen.
I haven't had any Sod's since 1.4 release..... Odd everyone is having the SOD issue all over again. :confused:

Very Odd and Interesting for you ROM makers/Dev......

I just don't understand, beyond me on this SOD issues, but first time heard on the wallpaper...:eek:, not saying it doesnt happen with wallpaper but that is different...:)you have bigfau thinking....:confused:

And I am in the same boat, I can count prob 4 SOD's in the two years I have had my phone, 2 probable due to alcohol in my case, and 1, I wanna say I had the SOD not my phone, my neighbor had some Mex Moonshine which is great just cuz he is my neighbor....so I don't have far to stumble.....(but he is not Mex?)...guess they call it that Mex Moonshine....since we are close to the border, but a shot of that....:eek: dammm :eek:, thought I was drinking gas & paint thinner combined:eek:, all I remember fall into my bed, like it was slow motion, just like that **** you see on tv/movies, and of course the wife LOL at me:p .....**** sorry off topic.

I can say I have never had SOD running Aeon or NumasX (god rest his soul)....

cmoRe-_-

Feb 24, 2012
Beloit, WI
So I was going through the APN settings and it would not switch to WAP ATT . So after looking at it the last line that says "APN type - mms,supl " when before it said "internet + mms" so I made new APN with everything the same except APN type and now it stays. I don't know if anyone else has had this or can confirm if its me. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
So I was going through the APN settings and it would not switch to WAP ATT . So after looking at it the last line that says "APN type - mms,supl " when before it said "internet + mms" so I made new APN with everything the same except APN type and now it stays. I don't know if anyone else has had this or can confirm if its me. Thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

I usually just hit the reset to default apn, and it takes the two listed and gives me just one apn, I don't mess with the individual settings but it is good for me...

I do use the apn manager via the market I can back/restore apn's, so when I test/run other ROMs, that I have had apn issues...I just keep a folder on my ext sd with apn backups and when I have a ROM that cant or wont let me reset to default, i install apn manager then copy my backup apn from ext sd, hit restore via the apn manager app...GTG, but you have to do a back of the current apn using the app, it will put a folder on your inter sd, then you over ride it with the backup apn that you know worked and hit restore via the app...GTG...but for GB only ROMs I have notice this.

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
No sod's with my Aeon!
Damn those SOD's! :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Used to be SOB's now its SOD's
did I miss the SOC's?
:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Yes I Do...

yoda_understand_you.jpg

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have daily SODs since updating to 1.4 and using the Xperia launcher. None on 1.3 with FTL.
I am using Xperia launcher, I'll keep this in mind if SOD comes back.

Are you guys with the sod's under volted any? I haven't had any sod, but I noticed on 1.3.1 that I get better battery life without it(undervolting) for some reason.. So, on 1.4 I haven't touched the voltage settings, and I have no sod's. Could this be related?
Last time I heard about sod's was on froyo when oc kernel just came out and people were using extreme uv settings
I have not touched OC or UV.

I only get SOD when I have different wallpaper for my lockscreen set. If I set that to none I seem fine. I know it seems too simple but it worked for me. It seems to happen only when the phone gets a phone call or message while it's "sleeping" so I assumed that when it tried to "wake up" to display call or message it got stuck trying to display the unlock screen.
I have a different lock screen wallpaper. I'll test this if I start getting SODs.

I have not had SOD during any calls. It usually seems to be after a long sleep in my pocket. I pull it out and press the power button and nothing. Sometimes a long press gets me into reboot, but other times I have had to pull the battery. I do not get any notifications of missed calls or messages so I do not think it is the same for me.

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
The only SOD's I seem to have (and this happens on more than this ROM) is sometimes when I plug my phone into my car charger, but its more like the phone freezing and then when I turn the screen off, I can't turn it on until I do a battery pull. That could be a problem with my SODding charger though :p. I think it happens when I'm a little eager an try to connect my bluetooth to it right before I plug it in though. Again. Maybe happens one out of every 10 times...........

cversion7

Nov 11, 2010
Bringing up the wallpaper issue and SOD's, the SOD happens because the lockscreen becomes unresponsive, so the problem could be what lockscreen you use, so what lockscreen are you all using?

I got two SOD's yesterday. I'm using the rotary lock. I tried going to Settings > Display > Home Screen Wallpaper and set it to None. There was still a wallpaper showing and when I rebooted the phone, it would boot to the lockscreen for a bit then go to the Google Gears and keep repeating. I removed my external SD card, got it to boot. Fixed the wallpaper back to normal, reinserted my SD card and things seem okay for now. I think I will try a different lock screen to see if your idea works for me.

Reactions: bigfau and xDa.Fun

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Enough on SOD :banghead:
There should be a separate thread titled "When i get SOD" :p
:D:D:D Aeon means SOL- Screen of Life :cool:

Yes and no...i like the sol...
Yes a SoD thread so things can be id...why not start it buddy...and put in your op, that peps should provide....say: ROM/ver , Gb or ics....apps they last used, lock screen info, so on....and if they been drinking alcohol...:p

I started noticing SODs when the EDT locks first showed up. I do not get them often, but always notice them when trying to unlock my phone. If I'm near a computer I can connect USB, run adb shell and have full access to the phone. everything is still up and running, just no screen response.

Most recently it happened on legend, but only after I added the adrenaline zipalign and vacuum scripts. I had previously isolated my SOD situation to adrenaline, so that's what led to my conclusion that a zipalign or vacuum without a dalvik wipe on a rom with the locks mod could trigger a SOD.

Doesn't cover every situation though.. For example, Aeon does not implement a zipalign or vacuum script...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

xDa.Fun

Feb 1, 2012
Planet Earth

jdt352

Jan 20, 2012
California
I have daily SODs since updating to 1.4 and using the Xperia launcher. None on 1.3 with FTL.

I haven't had one, and I love the xperia launcher.

Are you guys with the sod's under volted any? I haven't had any sod, but I noticed on 1.3.1 that I get better battery life without it(undervolting) for some reason.. So, on 1.4 I haven't touched the voltage settings, and I have no sod's. Could this be related?

I undervolt on Zen's Infusion kernel by -50mV all the way down.. no problems for me.

I only get SOD when I have different wallpaper for my lockscreen set. If I set that to none I seem fine.

I have different wallpaper for the lock screen, and no problems.

I'm using the 4-tab Unlock screen.
Aeon 1.4 with Zen's Infusion-Z A OC 1600 UV -50
And from Zen's Infuse-Toolkit; Level 1 Moderate int.d tweaks adapted from Adrenaline Shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    18d2487c-b113-8bad.jpg

18d2487c-b123-90ca.jpg

18d2487c-b135-6106.jpg

The word AEON ( /ˈiːɒn/), also spelled eon or æon, originally means "life", and/or "being", though it then tended to mean "age", "forever" or "for eternity".​

FEATURES.png

Rooted
    Voodoo lagfix
    Lightly Themed(From parts all over) (Still Fixing Things)
    UCLB3 Base (Thanks Dman3285)
    Deodexed
    UCLB3 Modem
    Busybox
    Entropy's Daily Driver
    Google Gears Bootanimation
    CRT Screen off animation
    1% Battery Mod
    Bluetooth and WiFi Works
    Modded Web Browser with multiple User Agents (Modded by Eric in Sri Lanka)
    Universal Adrenaline Shot v14.1(By dsexton702)
    Zipaligned on Boot
    Tweaked Build Prop Script
    Landscape Dialer
    Modified Logs Provider app (Sms should not show up in logs)
    Efs.Backup Script (Thanks for help & reminding me Qkster:p)
    Batterystats Script
    Extended Power Menu
    14 Quick Panel Toggles
    Allowed "Unknown Sources" by default
    QuickPic
    Kernel Tweaks (Thanks Dman3285)
    Sdcard Tweaks (Thanks Dman3285)
    Video Works with libs from KJ4
    Ascending Ringtone Disabled
    Arabic is Supported (Thanks to aly_hosny)
    Go Launcher EX
    FTL launcher Lite
    Added "30min" & "Never" option to screen timeout
    8 Lockscreens Mod (Thanks to NunHugger)
    Deleted Mostly All At&t bloatware

DOWNLOAD.png

AEON v1.4SL.zip (Stock Libs)

AEON v1.4

AEON v1.3.1 5/8/2012

AEON v1.3

AEON v1.2Beta

AEON v1.1

ADDONS.png

STOCK APPS

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE. YOU FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. :cool:

INSTALL.png

1. Place .zip onto internal SD card
    2. Reboot into CWM
    3. Wipe Dalivk Cache
    4. Wipe Data\Factory Reset
    5. Fix permissions
    6. Install from sd card, choose the zip
    7. Reboot the phone after it's done Installing
    8. Let it simma down now. :D

MY%20THANKS.png

@LinuxBozo
    @Bedwa
    @JordanElliot
    @Oldbbman (TEAM AEON)
    @Bigjoe2675 (TEAM AEON)
    @Aeonit (TEAM AEON)
    @Mikig_mkd (TEAM AEON)
    @Mrzzheng
    @Entropy512
    @GTG465x
    @Dman3285
    @NunHugger
    @Agrylesocks
    @Boostnsubaru
    @Dani897
    @EXPERIMENT
    @Qkster
    @Dlev7 (Dlev Rom)
    @M_J Nazari (Amestris)
    @Jirv311 (MaxQ Rom)
    @Juwes (Juwe's Rom)
    @Rahulrulez (Jetpack Mod Rom)
    @Akbaruz (Z Alfa Rom)(A port I have not posted yet)
    @Redmaner (GingerReal 2)
    @Everyone in the Infuse Forums. In some way shape or form you guys have helped me and I would like to Thank You.

@AEON ROM TALK ON PALRINGO@
    Changelog v1.4

-Added Aeonit's Settings mod (Thanks buddy)
    -Redid 14 Quick Panel Toggles and change their icons
    -Changed some of the basic app icons to G-Note icons
    -Removed some tweaks that wasn't benificial
    -Added some cool ass apps. ReLaunch, Super Video
    - Added Solid Explorer
    -Switched to SuperSU instead of Superuse
    -Updated Gmail, QuickPic, FT Launcher, Palringo, Titanium Backup.
    -Removed Go Launcher Ex and replased with Xperia Home.
    -? A lot on my mind at the moment

Changelog v1.3.1

Tried to address some minor BT issues
    Edited some pngs
    Fixed a surprise. (Nothing special)
    Removed "Update Software" from Settings.(There will be another update for Settings soon.To add QuickPanel settings to selection)
    There was some other things I seem to have forgotten.Lol:eek:

Changelog v1.3

Fixed Puzzle Lockscreen
    Changed Back To LB3 Modem
    Deleted Tw Launcher 4
    Added Go Launcher EX
    Added FTL Launcher (Very Quick)
    Added Minus App
    Added Palringo App
    Added Email App
    Arabic Support Added

Changelog v1.2

Added 8 Lockscreens Mod (By Nun)
    Added Entropy's New kernel (For Working HDMI)

Changelog v1.1

Gmail Added
    Titanium Backup Added
    Switched to KL2 Modem
    Extra Fonts Removed
    Updated Market to Google Play
    ShootMe Added
    Special Thanks To:
    DONATORS

Oldbbman
    Crash822
    djabby
    alanttran2010
    JJziemba
    bigjoe2675
    qkster
    cubanghost
    maditalian
    TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO REMAIN NAMELESS THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY​

If I have forgotten anyone PM me please so you may be recognized also. Thank you.:D
    Bigf pm sent........it is shiped you will have it by 3:00 pm tomorow. Track # in the pm i sent you:D

Sent from my WM8650 using xda premium