Returning to stock 4.1.1

Search This thread

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Kind of a strange inquiry, but my old GS3 has been out of service for a while and sitting around as a spare. However, I'm thinking about selling it because it's in excellent shape, no scratches anywhere and I could get a few bucks for it. So, I want to revert it back to the stock ROM.

The phone was last used with CleanRom LE 5.6, running 4.1.1 BLK3. I want to return it to stock BLK3 and if I feel like updating it from there, so be it. The bootloader is unlocked, phone is rooted and I have CWM 6.0.1.2 installed.

Forgive me because it's been over a year since modding this phone, so I don't want to brick it. Can someone outline the steps needed to bring it back to stock BLK3, and where I can find the stock ODIN file? Seems Hotfile was shut down and that's where the GS3 toolkit referred me to. Thanks!

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Kind of a strange inquiry, but my old GS3 has been out of service for a while and sitting around as a spare. However, I'm thinking about selling it because it's in excellent shape, no scratches anywhere and I could get a few bucks for it. So, I want to revert it back to the stock ROM.

The phone was last used with CleanRom LE 5.6, running 4.1.1 BLK3. I want to return it to stock BLK3 and if I feel like updating it from there, so be it. The bootloader is unlocked, phone is rooted and I have CWM 6.0.1.2 installed.

Forgive me because it's been over a year since modding this phone, so I don't want to brick it. Can someone outline the steps needed to bring it back to stock BLK3, and where I can find the stock ODIN file? Seems Hotfile was shut down and that's where the GS3 toolkit referred me to. Thanks!

Well if I were you I'd go to stock 4.1.2 mf1. Better to go the most recent you can go without locking the bootloader.

Also, once you install it, it's going to prompt you to update to 4.3. So if you want to sell it I would turn it off and not let it update. Or you can unlock the bootloader and preroot it, then freeze the apps sdm1.0.apk and fwupdater.apk to prevent an update. You can put that in your description to add some value to it.

Here's the mf1 file:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Steps are in section 5 of this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2