Battery drain problems... funky wakelocks... Please help!

Search This thread

nateohio

Jan 16, 2011
I'm having a funky wakelock issue. Over the last couple of days I've had a PhoneApp partial wakelock that's been running almost continuously while the phones been off the charger. Today a new one related to the phone popped up. I've attached screen shots and dump files from better battery stats so hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on.

erasy5aq.jpg

ane3epa4.jpg

zure2a6u.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2014-03-13_233315157.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
Do you have any MOD that enables the Torch/Flashlight to work from the lockscreen by long pressing volume up or down? I used to have that on and it killed battery from my experience

nateohio

Jan 16, 2011
I do have that mod enabled although I have had it enabled for months and have not had any issues with it draining battery.

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
I do have that mod enabled although I have had it enabled for months and have not had any issues with it draining battery.

Yeah I would disable it for process of elimination to see if that's the cause.
Or another route is do you remember if you restarted your phone since you unplugged it off of the charger? Try to restart your phone everytime you take it off of a charger with the MOD enabled to see if that corrects it

nateohio

Jan 16, 2011
I don't know why this fixed it but it did. I wonder what the developer changed in the coding to cause this to be an issue now

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I read that not only the long press for torch but also the long press for music controls did the same thing. Thought it would be a great idea until I read about the power drain

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

nateohio

Jan 16, 2011
With the note 3's massive battery I was still finishing an 18 hour day with 40-50 percent remaining but anything that hits battery life, in particular anything that keeps the phone from deep sleeping, has got to go.

For me it's not so much about day to day battery life as it is about long term battery health