Updated Firmware, how to re unlock bootloader after locking it?

Search This thread

BlockABoots

Nov 16, 2013
Have manually updated my HTC ONE M7 to FW 4.19.401.11 following these steps from the thread here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823...

1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
3. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
4. Open command prompt
5. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
6. Connect device to the PC
7. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
8. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
9. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
10. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
11. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
13. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
14. Type: fastboot reboot
15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

But now the phone doesnt appear to boot im able to get into bootloader by holding down the volume button, any ideas why i cant boot into the HTC ONE do i need to re unlock the boot loader? If so how do you re unlock the boot loader after relocking it please?

EDIT: Im guess the phone doesnt boot as i need to flash a custom ROM??....if so do i have to re unlock the bootloader first?

Last edited:

grantymc

Apr 10, 2014
Have manually updated my HTC ONE M7 to FW 4.19.401.11 following these steps from the thread here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823...

1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
4. Open command prompt
12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

But now the phone doesnt appear to boot im able to get into bootloader by holding down the volume button, any ideas why i cant boot into the HTC ONE do i need to re unlock the boot loader? If so how do you re unlock the boot loader after relocking it please?

EDIT: Im guess the phone doesnt boot as i need to flash a custom ROM??....if so do i have to re unlock the bootloader first?

try holding the power buttons until the home and back buttons flash, wait til they stop then press volume down, release the power button then release the volume down

Reactions: BlockABoots

Saeiddvc

Apr 11, 2009
Tehran
Uproblem for unlock the relock HTC One

hi
I relocked my HTC One M7 by HTC Bootloader Unlock Application In Windows 8 & Then my phone not start and gone to fastboot mode!
I can not install any ROm or Unlock Again,PLZ help me ASAP...:crying:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
hi
I relocked my HTC One M7 by HTC Bootloader Unlock Application In Windows 8 & Then my phone not start and gone to fastboot mode!

1- Why did you relocked your bootloader?
2- ''HTC Bootloader Unlock Application'' doesn't say much. I guess you are referring to a toolkit which is not recommended to use
3- Why can't you unlock again? Get your identifier token from fastboot en send it to htcdev. Then flash your unlock code bin file to unlock your phone again. Then youll be able to flash a recovery and a rom...

Reactions: Saeiddvc

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I CAN`T flash unlock code because my phone not connected to my pc until I relock this!!!!!

not sure what you are trying to say here mate.

your phone doesn't need to be unlocked to be able to ''connect it'' to your pc. You should be able to use fastboot from bootloader to

1- get your identifier token
2- flash the unlock_code.bin to unlock it again

if you can't 'communicate with the phone using fastboot in bootloader, your drivers are not installed correctly on your computer.
in windows device manager, it should be listed as ''My HTC'' if your drivers are ok.

Reactions: Saeiddvc

Saeiddvc

Apr 11, 2009
Tehran

your phone doesn't need to be unlocked to be able to ''connect it'' to your pc. You should be able to use fastboot from bootloader to

if you can't 'communicate with the phone using fastboot in bootloader, your drivers are not installed correctly on your computer.
in windows device manager, it should be listed as ''My HTC'' if your drivers are ok.

thanks
I uninstalled HTC driver & restarted My PC the install it again so connect HTC ONE to my PC & unluck again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. Open command prompt

try holding the power buttons until the home and back buttons flash, wait til they stop then press volume down, release the power button then release the volume down
    hi

1- Why did you relocked your bootloader?
    2- ''HTC Bootloader Unlock Application'' doesn't say much. I guess you are referring to a toolkit which is not recommended to use
    3- Why can't you unlock again? Get your identifier token from fastboot en send it to htcdev. Then flash your unlock code bin file to unlock your phone again. Then youll be able to flash a recovery and a rom...
    I CAN`T flash unlock code because my phone not connected to my pc until I relock this!!!!!