[Q] sprint htc one struck in bootloop while flashing ruu

Search This thread

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
It should when your in recovery, but while in fastboot it can't be detected. No OS no ADB..

yes when i go to recovery and connect usb i hear notification sound but in cprompt when i type adb devices it dosent show up... but it shows up in fastboot mode... and is it necessary to relock the bootloader as im s-off... i read in a thread that its not necessary..:confused:

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
yes when i go to recovery and connect usb i hear notification sound but in cprompt when i type adb devices it dosent show up... but it shows up in fastboot mode... and is it necessary to relock the bootloader as im s-off... i read in a thread that its not necessary..:confused:
I'm honestly not sure... don't think you have to. I don't on my phone... But you might have to on the m7wls. I would do it just incase

Reactions: praveensk.rcb

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
I'm honestly not sure... don't think you have to. I don't on my phone... But you might have to on the m7wls. I would do it just incase
ok i have one last concern can you tell me what is it im getting in command "fastboot getvar all"
at the and it says at the end of the reply
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

what is that??? is that bad???:confused:

and i also get this

C:\Users\Praveen-SK\Desktop\HTC One\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platf
orm-tools>fastboot getvar version-main
version-main: 3.05.651.6
finished. total time: 0.003s

what is that???

Last edited:

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
ok i have one last concern can you tell me what is it im getting in command "fastboot getvar all"
at the and it says at the end of the reply
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

what is that??? is that bad???:confused:

and i also get this

C:\Users\Praveen-SK\Desktop\HTC One\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platf
orm-tools>fastboot getvar version-main
version-main: 3.05.651.6
finished. total time: 0.003s

what is that???

Hmmm...... It might be a problem... You're locked right? If not, lock and rerun it again, see what it tells you....

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
ok I'll do it...but when I do RUU and if it fails which I hope not...will I be able to unlock again to flash a rom???

Lock then you can RUU. And yes. If the RUU fails, we will try to flash a ROM. Remember boot into fastboot, do fastboot devices to make sure the device is found then

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

You should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

fastboot flash zip name_of_zip.zip

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. It will fail.  You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark.  When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

Try this after relocking bootloader, make sure the RUU.zip is in your adb/fastboot folder then open a cmd prompt in that folder.

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
Lock then you can RUU. And yes. If the RUU fails, we will try to flash a ROM. Remember boot into fastboot, do fastboot devices to make sure the device is found then

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

You should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. It will fail.  You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark.  When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

Try this after relocking bootloader, make sure the RUU.zip is in your adb/fastboot folder then open a cmd prompt in that folder.

ok...I'll try this tomorrow...all the best to me....

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
thanks a lot

Okay, sounds good. Report back with results...

brother thank you very much for your help and support... hare krishna... my phone is revived...i owe you a lot.... super thanks...:good::good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh:

officially "NOOB" tag lifted... thanks a lot...

now i will root it and unlock it...
and after that will it be safe if i do a OTA or flash a custom rom??

Last edited:
Reactions: pball52998

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
brother thank you very much for your help and support... hare krishna... my phone is revived...i owe you a lot.... super thanks...:good::good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh:

officially "NOOB" tag lifted... thanks a lot...

now i will root it and unlock it...
and after that will it be safe if i do a OTA or flash a custom rom??

NICE!!! Glad you're phone is revived!!!:good::good::good::highfive::victory: But since you're back to stock, take the latest ota. Then unlock, recovery, and ROM. If you root and unlock, itll just be locked again once you take a ota. So just take a ota. Then unlock and root, back up stock, then put a ROM on there, wipe everything but internal SD card, then flash ROM and correlating GAPPS, and any mods you would like. Boot up, since you're s-off you don't need to flash the boot.img so you're good just to flash! :highfive::good::good::victory:

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
NICE!!! Glad you're phone is revived!!!:good::good::good::highfive::victory: But since you're back to stock, take the latest ota. Then unlock, recovery, and ROM. If you root and unlock, itll just be locked again once you take a ota. So just take a ota. Then unlock and root, back up stock, then put a ROM on there, wipe everything but internal SD card, then flash ROM and correlating GAPPS, and any mods you would like. Boot up, since you're s-off you don't need to flash the boot.img so you're good just to flash! :highfive::good::good::victory:

ok but actually i did this to sim unlock the phone... the app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.simunlockhelperfree
only works on 4.1.2 so i need to root it first...
now is it ok to root and sim unlock the phone and take an OTA...

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Ooooo yeah. Forgot about that. So you have 4.1.2 now right? I would say try weaksauce and see if it works. That's what Verizon users have to use to s-off there HTC phones. Possibly try weaksauce then download supersu from the play store., or just unlock flash a recovery then flash su.zip either or should work. The unlock does work for certain though.

Sent from my Rezound running Sense 5. s-off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a sprint htc one m7 couple of days ago and brought it to india.. it has
    -stock 4.3 rom
    -hboot 1.55
    -bootloader unlocked
    -s-off acheived using firewater
    i was trying to sim unlock the phone... but after flashing this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704 ruu... its struck on htc :confused:logo.. all help appreciated:mad:... im a bit noob in this subject:eek:...

i would like to also share that while flashing ruu the phone got ejected from the system and now i cant access the intenal storage...when i try to do adb sideload it says "device not found"...TWRP recovery also does not shows my internal sd card.. and i hav ordered USB OTG cable to try and flash it from usb drive..is this way safe and will it work?? is there any way to fix this problem??
    thanks in advance..
    EDIT

i tried USB OTG method but the USB wont mount at all it shows USB-OTG(0MB) and usb-otg mount failed
    and the phone goes in fastboot mode when i try to connect it to pc...
    please help me out...
    thanks in advance:crying:
    First, which version of the one did you have like m7wls m7vzw or like which m7? Did you cross flash ruu's??? That could cause lots of issues if you did that.... Only ruu's specifically made for the phone will work, also when trying to ruu, were you running the exe or zip?

Sent from my Rezound running PAC-Man with SENSE!! 4.4.2 S-OFF
    First, which version of the one did you have like m7wls m7vzw or like which m7? Did you cross flash ruu's??? That could cause lots of issues if you did that.... Only ruu's specifically made for the phone will work, also when trying to ruu, were you running the exe or zip?

Sent from my Rezound running PAC-Man with SENSE!! 4.4.2 S-OFF

i have m7wls... when i connect it to pc and go to twrp recovery it shows up as m7wls with a small yellow exclamatory mark (!) and when i connect it in bootloader it shows up as my htc...
    i was flashing it through pc by running .exe file and i got ejected sound on my win 8.1...
    since then i have this problem
    please help me out..
    thanks in advance
    i have m7wls... when i connect it to pc and go to twrp recovery it shows up as m7wls with a small yellow exclamatory mark (!) and when i connect it in bootloader it shows up as my htc... please help me out..
    thanks in advance

When you run
    Code:
    adb devices
    while in recovery what does it give you? Also could you post a fastboot, and do
    Code:
     fastboot getvar all
    post all except imie and Serial No, and meid