[IMG][ND8] Kitkat Debrick images

Search This thread

ecopunk

Dec 2, 2010
Oh, hell, yes, this worked! Bricked this morning after running Liquidsmooth 4.4.4. but wanting to try one more (incompatible) rom before I left the house. I was ready to give up when I found this and some other threads on this topic. I didn't think it would work! After years of rooting (though less flashing than modded stock), a really good looking rom (for the i9300, whoops) turned off my ADHD brain and I flashed a hard brick. Could not believe my idiocy to flash something as I was rushing to get out the door. Never bricked before but that was one hell of a brick to start with! I downloaded both images from the op and the cnexus one did it for me. I actually had an old 16gb class 10 in my son's cell (perfect), used Win32DiskImage in Win7 (no linux or cygwin) to flash it. I did get the 62.?mb/21mb petition size in windows, even after partition commander wiped it but, after reading up on what the system is looking for, I tried it and it worked on the second flash. It tried to boot the system at first (bootloop), then booted recovery for about a second before booting into a loop again. After that a couple of times, I plugged it in to the usb on the laptop, went to download mode again and it stuck! Odin'ed back to stock and have a clean slate! About 12 hours of research and 15 minutes of work! Many thanks to, CNexus, thenexusgeneration, DR_CDMA, gTan64, DeBricker, NC Mobile and everyone in the same boat, asking and answering questions. Crisis recovered, Whoo! This community is amazing. Thanks, all!

Last edited:

smaxfitness

May 12, 2011
Lancaster
finally!

Dude! I spent literally dozens of hours and different images to get out of this hard brick situation and your image file was finally the one that worked. Sprint s3 hard bricked after trying to boot back to stock with count reset. Jig failed, probably 20 different boot images failed and now I can boot! Thank you thank you thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh, hell, yes, this worked! Bricked this morning after running Liquidsmooth 4.4.4. but wanting to try one more (incompatible) rom before I left the house. I was ready to give up when I found this and some other threads on this topic. I didn't think it would work! After years of rooting (though less flashing than modded stock), a really good looking rom (for the i9300, whoops) turned off my ADHD brain and I flashed a hard brick. Could not believe my idiocy to flash something as I was rushing to get out the door. Never bricked before but that was one hell of a brick to start with! I downloaded both images from the op and the cnexus one did it for me. I actually had an old 16gb class 10 in my son's cell (perfect), used Win32DiskImage in Win7 (no linux or cygwin) to flash it. I did get the 62.?mb/21mb petition size in windows, even after partition commander wiped it but, after reading up on what the system is looking for, I tried it and it worked on the second flash. It tried to boot the system at first (bootloop), then booted recovery for about a second before booting into a loop again. After that a couple of times, I plugged it in to the usb on the laptop, went to download mode again and it stuck! Odin'ed back to stock and have a clean slate! About 12 hours of research and 15 minutes of work! Many thanks to, CNexus, thenexusgeneration, DR_CDMA, gTan64, DeBricker, NC Mobile and everyone in the same boat, asking and answering questions. Crisis recovered, Whoo! This community is amazing. Thanks, all!
    Hey guys. A couple of days ago I hard bricked my phone. Curiosity got the better of me and I broke the cardinal rule, I tried to flash an International rom thru Aroma installer. Anyway, I've been thru every tutorial and every guide created by man. I even installed Ubuntu as a 2nd operating system and gave myself a crash course on how to use it. All was in vain. Last night I came across this thread and I thank the android gods. I now have my phone back. I'd like to share what I did step by step:

1) I took a 16GB Class 4 HC sdcard and formatted it in another S3.
    2) I downloaded @CNexus KitKat debrick image from the OP.
    3) I followed this guide exactly by @billard412 exactly:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44058516&postcount=26
    4) I then safely unmounted the sdcard from my laptop.
    5) I don't know if the next steps should be in any particular order but I then removed the battery from the phone, connected the phone to the wall charger and inserted the sdcard.
    6) I then tried to enter odin mode in the usual way and to my elation, I was in.
    7) I then opened Odin 3.07 on my laptop and installed the stock ND8 tar from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533
    8) Everything went Ok and I now have my phone back. I'd like to thank everyone for posting their knowledge so that others like me can benefit and learn. Special thanks to @CNexus , @billard412 and @DR_CDMA.
    (TD drags thread offcourse LOL)
    Heading out to buy a burner android phone while I wait.
    Boost and Virgin are both coming out the with the S5 this month, it's tempting. ;)

I personally think I'm done with Sammy after this phone. Knox is too much of a pain in the arse and if they keep adding to it it's gonna eventually be locked down. I'm looking at the OnePlus or the LG G3 or the new M8, but not til Christmas or Tax Time.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png
    Yup, worked (although I found out after the fact). I'm still curious about how I bricked my S3 from flashing a certain kernel.

It was likely from the international forum then. Their partitions are set up differently and do not align with ours